PDA

View Full Version : sun visors suck

higguns
02-13-2010, 04:58 PM
i purchased a 05 mazda 3 hatch back in september and i love it. the only thing that i am really dissapointed in is the small sun visors. i'm a taller guy and have to have the seat back pretty far, so when the sun is to my left and turn the sun visor to keep it from hitting me in the eyes, it only blocks the front of the window and the sun still gets in my eyes. its really annoying. i've seen another thread on m3f regarding this and one user said he found a replacement visor from another car that has extensions or the visor slides, but he said he didn't know what car he got it from. i was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and found a solution?

MistaChin
02-13-2010, 05:18 PM
I bought sunglasses

iGOzoom
02-13-2010, 11:32 PM
I bought sunglasses

LOL

Kevin@nextmod
02-14-2010, 02:06 AM
i know a lot of the european cars have the extended sun visors. The 2005 TL i have at home have it. Check the junk yard to see if they have any and see if you can DIY it.

higguns
02-15-2010, 02:07 PM
thanks for the info. i know i could just go searching for one but i was wondering if anyone has already found one? this way i can save myself some time and effort.

higguns
02-15-2010, 02:09 PM
i know a lot of the european cars have the extended sun visors. The 2005 TL i have at home have it. Check the junk yard to see if they have any and see if you can DIY it.
do you also own a 3? if so can you check to see if the sunvisors are close to the same size?

higguns
02-15-2010, 02:11 PM
nevermind i see in your sig that you sold your mazda 3

TheMAN
02-15-2010, 04:41 PM
the cx7 have the extendable visors... I thought about trying to make them fit but never remembered to

higguns
02-17-2010, 03:06 PM
i read somewhere that they dont fit

Woodman316
03-27-2010, 08:48 AM
i purchased a 05 mazda 3 hatch back in september and i love it. the only thing that i am really dissapointed in is the small sun visors. i'm a taller guy and have to have the seat back pretty far, so when the sun is to my left and turn the sun visor to keep it from hitting me in the eyes, it only blocks the front of the window and the sun still gets in my eyes. its really annoying. i've seen another thread on m3f regarding this and one user said he found a replacement visor from another car that has extensions or the visor slides, but he said he didn't know what car he got it from. i was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and found a solution?

Same problem here. My 09 visor has a plastic strap and I was thinking of getting gray plastic or carboard, cutting it to fit and slide it baqck and forth for shade extentions. It's on my to do list.