PDA

View Full Version : mazda 6 same steering wheel?

higguns
02-15-2010, 02:05 PM
i've read a post on how to add cruise control to my 05 mazda 3. i have been looking aroud to buy the switches but it seems no one wants to sell me just the swtiches, they want to sell the whole steering wheel. anyways i was wondering if the mazda 04-06 mazda 6 steering wheel is the same as the 3? it looks the same and the switches look the same but i dont know if the wiring harness is the same. i searched online and couldn't find any info. if anyone knows if the switches will bolt on and the wiring will just plug into my harness please let me know.

stevenma188
02-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Hey, I installed cruise control on my 05 3 sport. I went to the junkers and found an entire wheel with the controls attached for $45. Don't forget you also need a brake switch. Do you have a sedan or a hatch? 2.0L or 2.3L? So far I believe this has only been confirmed on the 2.3L hatch, as I know the 2.0L sedan does not have the required wiring for the brake switch, and therefore I don't think works. Not sure about the 2.3L sedan, but I would assume its the same as the 2.3L hatch.

higguns
02-19-2010, 10:43 PM
Hey, I installed cruise control on my 05 3 sport. I went to the junkers and found an entire wheel with the controls attached for $45.
where'd you go to get that wheel? i've been looking for abit now and can't seem to find one, especially for under $100.

Do you have a sedan or a hatch? 2.0L or 2.3L? So far I believe this has only been confirmed on the 2.3L hatch, as I know the 2.0L sedan does not have the required wiring for the brake switch, and therefore I don't think works. Not sure about the 2.3L sedan, but I would assume its the same as the 2.3L hatch.
i have the 2.3L hatch and have read the how to online. now i just gotta find a the switches. i was searching on ebay and came across a mazda 6 steering wheel for about $40 and the switches look the same to me, so thats why i created this post.

just in case anyone wants to know i found an answer to my question on another forum. a forum member said he successfully installed the mazda 6 swtiches on his mazda 3 steering wheel, but he had to re-pin the wiring harness to make it work as the wiring isn't the same.

stevenma188
02-19-2010, 10:48 PM
I went to Corey's autowreckers in London. They were nice enough to take me around the lot to pick out the wheel I wanted. I had a choice of 3. They weren't sure how much to charge me, and I showed them a forum link of some guy in the states paying $30 for his wheel so they gave it to me for $45.

higguns
02-20-2010, 11:03 AM
oh your in london. that explains why i cant find one here in the gta. i guess i'll just keep looking.