PDA

View Full Version : E brake Light and Dashboard Help!!!

Fredpp
03-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Hi Guys, im prety new here. First post!! =0P

Ok, so recently my ebrake light came on even if the ebrake was not engaged. I have read that this could be low fluid or needed to change brake pads. I went ahead and bought myself some brake fluid and changed the rear pads they both "appear" to be perfect. The only problen is that the Ebrake lights will not go off, it stays on at all times! and is very very annoying.

Also i tried screwing around with the dashboard, holding the odometer button before turning the key to ignition without starting the car. Then it showed some weird number and it read "TEST" and i went trhough the whole thing which didnt really help.

This is where my second questions comes in, now the subtle shedding that the dashboard ussualy has is now gone =0( have any of you messed around with this??

But my more important question is the ebrake what should i do???

Thank you guys!!!

Noisy Crow
03-22-2010, 10:24 AM
If the ebrake warning light is on it could be any number of things... not just low fluid. Even if were low-fluid, that is bad... losing brake fluid is never a good thing, and usually happens due to a corroded brake line... which can completely fail at any time. And the warning light won't go on for worn brake pads. If it were me... I wouldn't be driving the car until I knew what the issue is. Accelerating is optional... being able to stop is mandatory!

McGuyver_3
03-22-2010, 08:43 PM
I agree with noisy crow on this one. when you changed the brake pads did the one side have significant more wear then the other? also you say you bought brake fluid. How much did you top it up very little or alot? also how long has the light been on for?
remove the center cup holder but opening the armrest cover and just pulling upwards on it. By the handbrake itself you should see a wire. check to see if that wire may be damaged causing the light to come on

m3zoomzoom
03-23-2010, 03:00 AM
maybe the wire connected to the handbrake is too tight or too loose? does the ebrake work perfectly? if not try loosening or tightening that wire and see if that helps... if u cant figure it out i highly recommend you get it checked asap

stock3
03-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Did you check the front pads, they usually contribute to fluid level dropping as they wear because the pistons are much bigger than the rear ones.