PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Footwell lights premature shut off

trickyho
03-24-2010, 02:23 PM
My 2010 Sport GT-E comes with footwell lights that are on only during entering and exiting. Does anyone know how to re-wire so they come on with the headlights?? Is it a DIY or pro thing??

trickyho
03-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I've considered the distraction factor. But I don't think it'll be any worse than that center light that shines over the console...right in the eye. Any ideas how to make the switch?

Trinidad
03-25-2010, 08:25 AM
If I remember correctly I thought that these were on all the time? But then again my 2010 GT-E did not come with them. So I got the dealer to order and install the interior lighting kit and they are installed to come on with the car and there is a switch to control the intensity of the light as well. You can't shut them off per say but it's not distracting at all during the night I just have the brightness turned down to the lowest setting.

trickyho
03-25-2010, 09:29 AM
Hate to say it, but my 2010 GT-E came with the lights pre-installed. Isn't it supppose to be included? Do you have the sport or the sedan. Is the switch you're talking about for all the dash lights as well?

trickyho
03-25-2010, 12:54 PM
If I remember correctly I thought that these were on all the time? But then again my 2010 GT-E did not come with them. So I got the dealer to order and install the interior lighting kit and they are installed to come on with the car and there is a switch to control the intensity of the light as well. You can't shut them off per say but it's not distracting at all during the night I just have the brightness turned down to the lowest setting.

So how much did you end up paying if I may ask?

Trinidad
03-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Actually...I am accurate in what I am saying. There was a production change which Mazda has kept on the down low. Any GT-E (not sure about the GT )models produced after Nov 2009 does not have footwell lights, vanity lit mirrors and also the mini sharkfin is black not colour matched to the paint. In the US it's even worse as they no longer have the mirror signals. There was a memo sent to all Mazda dealers, I didn't pay a cent the dealership soaked up the cost after some debate. I remembered specifically wanting that feature If you have a GT-E check your production date and note the colour of your sharkfin if it is coloured you are lucky. The kit cost roughly $300 which includes labour and parts.

Refer to this link for more information:

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2010-mazda-3-discussion/2469-window-sticker-lies.html