PDA

View Full Version : Popping/Cracking noise from engine bay

TriniFyah7
03-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Not sure exactly where it is coming from but to me it sounds like somewhere under the hood. I even took the car to Mazda and the mechanic there said there's nothing wrong. I actually took it because of 2 different sounds I was hearing.

The other sound I am hearing occurs once the car is running. It can be mostly noticeable when the car is idling and sounds like a faint whistling sound. I was told this sound is normal and that every MS3 does that...hmmm. I need someone to confirm this.

Now on the other hand, the popping/cracking sound can only be heard under certain situations. It's almost like a rattle sound(sort of) and can only be heard when:

-after driving then parking car & idling.
-If I rev the car VERY slightly it can sometimes be heard.
-while idling after driving if the SLIGHTLY turn the steering wheel left or right (Sound occurs most with this situation)

The thing is, at the time I was at the dealer I didn't know that the above situations caused the sound and therefore I couldn't explain to Mazda that popping/cracking noise. I definitely don't think this is normal.

Any ideas??

Sean80
03-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Is it coming from the motor or the front suspension? I just had the dealer replace all my swaybar bushings under warranty for some creaking I was getting when pulling in and out of driveways. (When the wheels were turned pretty much all the way) Just keep taking it in until they figure it out and have them make note of it each time you go in.

m_bisson
03-31-2010, 12:28 PM
No fluids leaking?

TriniFyah7
04-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Is it coming from the motor or the front suspension? I just had the dealer replace all my swaybar bushings under warranty for some creaking I was getting when pulling in and out of driveways. (When the wheels were turned pretty much all the way) Just keep taking it in until they figure it out and have them make note of it each time you go in.

Yah i'm scheduled for another appointment on Tuesday. Will be doing a test drive. It sounds like its coming from the front suspension.

TriniFyah7
04-02-2010, 12:36 PM
No fluids leaking?

Nope...not that I know of