PDA

View Full Version : Question About When I Should do Alignment

shu5892001
04-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Here is the story...

I will lower my car and then change rims in the next few week. So should I do the Alignment before I change the aftermarket rims (the aftermarket rims are same overall size as stock 205/50/17), because I am afraid they might scratch my new rims and I don't care about my stockers it's already beat up. But also another concern is one of my stock rim is slightly bent, is this going to affect the alignment process? Should I do the alignment after my new rims are on?

Thanks

S.F.W.
04-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Here is the story...

I will lower my car and then change rims in the next few week. So should I do the Alignment before I change the aftermarket rims (the aftermarket rims are same overall size as stock 205/50/17), because I am afraid they might scratch my new rims and I don't care about my stockers it's already beat up. But also another concern is one of my stock rim is slightly bent, is this going to affect the alignment process? Should I do the alignment after my new rims are on?

Thanks

Look at the review jonjon72 posted for Altech:http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?23966-Altech-Automotive-Ltd.-(...for-alignments)/page4 . That should alleviate concerns about scratching the rims. You should wait until you have both rims, and lowering springs installed, then go and get an alignment.

stevenma188
04-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Also don't forget to let the car settle for 1 to 2 weeks after lowering before getting an alignment.