PDA

View Full Version : Help Installing exhaust

mcordy
04-12-2010, 08:25 PM
I picked up a used Draxas HBE. It came with a "sedan extension" anyone know where/how this fits into the exhast set up?

Thanks

Donutz
04-12-2010, 08:46 PM
There are how-to's to be found. When I'm on my pc at home I'll try and find you some links.

Essentially you will remove the cbe, unbolt the header from the block and remove. Removal might require you to lower the subframe (that's what happened with my car); some people were able to pull the header out through the engine bay.

mcordy
04-12-2010, 08:56 PM
I shouldn't have to remove the header correct? This should bolt up right on to the header. I'm confused with the sedan extension as this exhaust came off of a hatch.

Donutz
04-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Aww sh!t I think I confused myself! You're bolting this up to the stock header correct? It should just bolt on. Either to the header or to the cat; since you called it HBE I assume it's bolting up to the header (I thought it included the header, which is why I made the comment about unbolting the header from the block).

mit-gee-mui
04-12-2010, 09:45 PM
I am just going to throw this out there. http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?40103-MSDS-Draxas-4-1-Header-install&highlight=exhaust+install+how%2Ato

Hopefully it helps.

zakman
04-13-2010, 09:17 AM
Mcordy, take a few pictures and then we will see for sure if it is a cat back or header back exhaust. i have done my own catback and my fathers. if its a cat back then i can help ya out after im done my Uni exams and if its a headr back well then we can still figure it out im sure. let me no.

mcordy
04-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Mcordy, take a few pictures and then we will see for sure if it is a cat back or header back exhaust. i have done my own catback and my fathers. if its a cat back then i can help ya out after im done my Uni exams and if its a headr back well then we can still figure it out im sure. let me no.

it's header back, I purchased it off of WTOM, it has the draxas high flow cat, again the part that confuses me is the Extension pipe for sedan, where does it fit into the equation. Any help installing would be awesome I know it should just bolt up to the header and hang off the stock hangars but the extension pipe confounds me.

mcordy
04-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Here's the exhaust with out extension pipe.

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/4008/1002687y.jpg

mcordy
04-13-2010, 02:52 PM
sorry for the huge size :( I can't edit to go back and fix

zakman
04-13-2010, 03:57 PM
where is the header in the picture? do u have it in another place b.c in this case all the extension pipe is for, like all other cat back systems which are universal for hatch and sedan, the sedan is longer so a fitment piece is between the cat and the system is needed. so in this case im willing to bet the piece will go between the muffler and the cat in the picture. some modification looks to be in order. i would have to see in person for a definitive answer.

but ya mcordy im done exams on the 20 so next tue. if you have it on by then great but if not then let me no. ur only in the south end rite?

mcordy
04-13-2010, 04:21 PM
where is the header in the picture? do u have it in another place b.c in this case all the extension pipe is for, like all other cat back systems which are universal for hatch and sedan, the sedan is longer so a fitment piece is between the cat and the system is needed. so in this case im willing to bet the piece will go between the muffler and the cat in the picture. some modification looks to be in order. i would have to see in person for a definitive answer.

but ya mcordy im done exams on the 20 so next tue. if you have it on by then great but if not then let me no. ur only in the south end rite?

The header is still in the car, I am not changing the header just everything behind it. I do live in the south end near Essa Rd. If i have to cut the exhaust for the extension pipe then I will just not use it. I have read here that it will just mean my tip will be a little shy of the back of my car which is ok for now.

zakman
04-13-2010, 05:11 PM
well ya, but you would have to make sure that it will connect with all the hangers and such.... i thought the hatch exhaust was a far bit longer ( a couple of inches but i could be wrong... i do drive a sedanlol) . it will be easier once u are under the car and can measure and look at the stock eexhaust system to see the lengths of all the sections compared to the new exhaust. but wat ever has to be done it wont be to hard.

Dave_The_BMXER
04-13-2010, 07:28 PM
I know for a fact Phil and Ami run there HKS units not extended and it's not the end of the world. I'm not sure the exact distance but it's not a huge amount...

zakman
04-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Ya I don't think it would be to bad now that I did some research. But also by the looks of it it's a bolt on entention to the exhaust and a clamp to the header. But that mite mean cutting so keeping it shorter mite be best. But ya Matt I'll have to take a look at it closer next week.

mcordy
04-13-2010, 08:14 PM
I have the extension it has two clamps and an extra hangar it looks like it should just fit on somewhere?

zakman
04-14-2010, 05:05 PM
well we will get it on one way or another, ill just have to see the extension next week.