PDA

View Full Version : Power Window Reset Procedure

Honva
05-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Not sure if this has been posted before or not. Didn't see it with the "power window" search. So I just post it here in case anyone run into this problem.

I went to Futureshop to install new front speakers yesterday. When the door panels were put back together, I tested everything and found the "one-touch auto up/down" feature does not work. The tech and I looked at all the connector and everything is well connected. After 10 minutes, I decided to search the web. Found a reset procedure from a Infiniti forum for the G35. I tried and it works on our Mazda 3. (Mine is 2010 sedan).

Hold the window up button to close the window, do not release the switch for 10s after the window is all the way up. Press the window down button to bring the window all the way down and again do not release it for 10s after the window is all the way down. The one-touch up and down function is working again after this procedure.

Looks like the controller board for the window was confused after the connectors in the door panels were disconnected during the speaker installation.

TheMAN
05-07-2010, 04:05 PM
the controller did not get "confused", it is working as designed... the switch does not know the position of the motor when the window is closed, thus it has to be recalibrated each time the switch or battery gets disconnected... there is a government mandated "anti-pinch" safety feature built into auto up windows, so the switch must know where the window is so that it knows whether it is closed, or it hit someone's arm and roll the window back down

cwp_sedan
05-07-2010, 04:13 PM
If you were to look in your manual (3-46), there are instructions for this procedure.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb106/cwp_sedan/Mazda3_2010_wndw_reset.jpg

Honva
05-07-2010, 04:42 PM
That proves that I didn't read the manual carefully! ;-)

JohnyGT
05-11-2010, 04:48 PM
question, is auto closing also featured in 07~09 GT?

cwp_sedan
05-13-2010, 01:34 PM
question, is auto closing also featured in 07~09 GT?

No there isn't, at least to my knowledge anyway.

Krazy
05-17-2010, 10:54 AM
crap this is what happened to me when i reset ECU.

I came to dealership anyway to get my loose passenger side window anyways..