PDA

View Full Version : Check CD

raggs
06-01-2010, 04:27 PM
I had to use an air spraycan to eliminate the "CHECK CD" message about a year after I got my new 2007 Mazda3 Sport GT (standard audio package) to be able to play CDs. I haven't had a problem since but it returned last weekend and I just tried the air can trick again without success.
I've cleaned several CDs before trying to play them.
Has anybody had the same problem and do you have any suggestions?

TheMAN
06-01-2010, 10:45 PM
did you try one of those lens cleaner discs? if its still under warranty, get the head unit replaced!

J_man
06-03-2010, 02:23 PM
It may not be the CDs that are causing the problem.... the reader in your CD player might be dead. Have you tried other CD's you haven't used in your car before to test the reader? Also check your current CD's on a player you now works... because if they work on another player then the problem is with your car's CD player...

SilentJay
06-04-2010, 08:36 AM
My CD player will usually work, however it doesn't really like Sony and Memorex CD-Rs.

raggs
06-04-2010, 02:37 PM
I've tried CDs that I know work (both CD-Rs & original production CDs) and always get the "Check CD" message. I bought a lens cleaner CD disc today and it didn't work either.

TheMAN
06-04-2010, 04:46 PM
then it's dead, go get it replaced

in the future, I suggest using quality brand name CD-Rs and to burn them SLOW... this makes them a lot easier to read and won't burn out the laser

alau
09-25-2010, 09:33 PM
If it is still under warranty, they will fix it for free. I have mine like that. It ended up to be 2 problems...1. Jammed CD 2. Short circuit with my after market MP3 adaptor.