PDA

View Full Version : 2010 SPEED3 navigation issues

Kris"Speed3"CWP
07-06-2010, 09:26 AM
I have noticed that the auto day night feature that turns nav screen from white to black when the headlights are on does not work! I put the headlights in the on position or the auto position the screen stays in day mode,(white) I have to manual put the screen in night mode and it turns black so not to be blinding at night. I have selected the auto feature for this and it has not worked since day one and it has been in this mode even when i realized the problem and change it manually to night!:loco wondering if any other Canadain SPeeds have same issue as in the USA theirs seems to be working on vehicles without the auto headlight who have responded!

Broxn
07-06-2010, 09:50 AM
That has never worked on mine either...as far as I am concerned the nav in this car is a complete FAIL.
I have out dated maps (08) for a car I bought in 2010 and even then, places that have been here since before 08 still don't show up.
Let me know what the dealership does for you.

WeatherB
07-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Are you sure it's not based on the time of day or the light sensors? I've seen GPS' that change day/night mode based on the time from the GPS sattelite.

hit26k
07-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Not sure if its different from the GT-E model but I switched mine to automatically adjust screen brightness and it works just fine. Maybe you should have the dealer replace the unit.

Broxn
07-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Not sure what you mean...my GPS displays the correct time and at midnight I have what looks like a lit up baseball diamond on my dash.
I have to manually "switch" the display, with the dashboard dimmer, which by the way goes from bright to dark, in between settings available.

Kris"Speed3"CWP
07-08-2010, 06:53 PM
I got some helpful info from another forum and it has to do with the dimmer switch to the left of instrument cluster. if you turn the nob left or right to adjust brightness you will see light dim and get brighter, but if you push the button while the headlights are on the dash lights will drop %50 this is the mode you need to be in for the auto day/night feature on the nav to work. When you turn headlights to off dash brightens for daylight when you turn headlights on your dash lights dim and goes to night mode. Mine never did this from new Hence nav not dimming at night just push button to enable this feature.

Kris"Speed3"CWP
07-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Then go into the nav setup menu to make sure your map colour is set to auto you will now no longer have to keep pushing dimmer button to dim nav unit, car headlights in auto position will control screen with nav in auto. If you like your dash bright at night just like daymode then you will have to manually select night in nav map colour menu.