PDA

View Full Version : Mazda Dealers putting wrong oil filter on 2010 Mazda Speed!!!!!! CHECK!!

Kris"Speed3"CWP
07-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Original filter was black FoMoCo #LF8J-14-302 the dealer is putting in Mazda OEM maintenance filter (LF05-14-302A) that fits the 2.0/2.3/2.5 this is wrong and reduces oil capacity to 5.25qts from 6qts or if the dealer still put in the 6qts will lead to overfilled oil!!! Look at page 10-5 for spec and 8-20 for warnings associated with over filling! Mazda Speed has unique filter requirements I believe Mazda does carry this filter but it is listed for Mazda6 V6 so make sure you specify the part number prior to service! Also heard that Duron-E 5w-40 synthetic being used in Disi in the CX-7 parts is now carrying this and I had warranty to put in a diesel synthetic in my 2010 Speed!!:loco:bang

Kris"Speed3"CWP
07-29-2010, 02:47 AM
New part number is a smaller filter and your Speed will not hold 6qts 5.7L of oil, you need to pick up a Mobile 1 filter at Canadian Tire part # M1-102 which is the same size as the one that left the factory in Japan and will hold the 6qts of oil while showing full on the dipstick! Just get credit for filter when having dealer do it! Or if you have free maintenance get the dealer crap filter and keep it while giving them mobile 1 filter to put in.

S.F.W.
07-29-2010, 08:15 AM
New part number is a smaller filter and your Speed will not hold 6qts 5.7L of oil, you need to pick up a Mobile 1 filter at Canadian Tire part # M1-102 which is the same size as the one that left the factory in Japan and will hold the 6qts of oil while showing full on the dipstick! Just get credit for filter when having dealer do it! Or if you have free maintenance get the dealer crap filter and keep it while giving them mobile 1 filter to put in.
If you don't use an OEM filter, and you are in warranty, then you are asking for trouble.

FLIPDADY
07-29-2010, 11:10 AM
FYI, the LF8J-14-302 filter you mentioned supercedes to the LF05-14-302A.

MRT_MS3
07-30-2010, 08:17 AM
I guess this could be one of the reason why my dipstick is showing above max everytime i get an oil change from the dealer. Even when I bought in my own oil and filled only 5.4L, it still shows way above max. I had a thread about this but noone really had an answer for me.

repoman_2
07-30-2010, 09:58 PM
If you don't use an OEM filter, and you are in warranty, then you are asking for trouble.

If you show the maintenance being completed when required I doubt using your own filter is going to cause you any problems

Kris"Speed3"CWP
08-05-2010, 11:11 PM
FYI, the LF8J-14-302 filter you mentioned supercedes to the LF05-14-302A.

That is correct SIR but the first # was not the same filter that left the factory with 6 Quarts of oil!! now the superseded one is worse than the first replacement part! the yahoo's are putting in oil without verifying dipstick cause the Mazda parts do not correspond to the original specs!! They wanted to save a few bucks and change manufactures!
P.S first oil filter was a black Fo.Mo.Co filter just like the dipstick!!

Kris"Speed3"CWP
08-05-2010, 11:17 PM
I guess this could be one of the reason why my dipstick is showing above max everytime i get an oil change from the dealer. Even when I bought in my own oil and filled only 5.4L, it still shows way above max. I had a thread about this but noone really had an answer for me.

The mobile 1 Filter holds the full 6 quarts 5.7L and is meant for synthetic oil bring this to the dealer and have then credit filter when you do oil change if they can't supply! all oil filter meet manufacturer standards, please show me one that does not! Parts source sells the Mobile 1 for $19.99 but Canadian tire sells for $14.99 just like oil as long as the ratings are the same as manufactures then it is warranty approved.
P.S they don't tell you synthetic is recommended for Disi and they are using diesel synthetic oil in CX-7 either Duron-E 5w/40 by Petro Canada. Oh you probably did not know Mazda oil is made by petro Canada eh!!

Kris"Speed3"CWP
08-05-2010, 11:22 PM

Actually your on crack! My car is running Amsoil synthetic as per Mazda warranty coverage!! and Mobile 1 filter exceeds all minimum standards required so the dealer putting it on is not an issue it is made for synthetic oil and is a better product than the dealer part as the O.E.M filter was a Ford filter. Bet you guys never bothered looking did you!! Pull your dipstick this engine is probably made by ford!!! SO you supposed O.E.M dealer parts are not and there are being produced by the lowest bidder, what kind of quality you think your getting????????

Kris"Speed3"CWP
08-05-2010, 11:31 PM
So I guess Mazda oil is the best to eh??? LOL maybe the duron-E synthetic 5/40 the rest will just get sheered down by the disi engine!! Blown turbo's blown engines 8,000km on regular oil in Disi thats crazy! Your 5/30 will be 5/20w or less after it's sheered down! Look in the MAZDA3 Manual
PAGE 10-5 quantities specs for your car as per manufacturer!!!!
PAGE 8-20 Caution against overfilling!!!!
These are right from the manufacturer but yet everyone is leaving dealer with incorrect oil level due to wrong parts not corresponding with specs!!!
Me I will run the better filter and the best oil you can buy(AMSOIL diesel synthetic) and run full 6quarts as the car was meant to for a reason! Look in here for oil topic very good write up for all you none believers!!!

S.F.W.
08-06-2010, 01:03 AM
So I guess Mazda oil is the best to eh??? LOL maybe the duron-E synthetic 5/40 the rest will just get sheered down by the disi engine!! Blown turbo's blown engines 8,000km on regular oil in Disi thats crazy! Your 5/30 will be 5/20w or less after it's sheered down! Look in the MAZDA3 Manual
PAGE 10-5 quantities specs for your car as per manufacturer!!!!
PAGE 8-20 Caution against overfilling!!!!
These are right from the manufacturer but yet everyone is leaving dealer with incorrect oil level due to wrong parts not corresponding with specs!!!
Me I will run the better filter and the best oil you can buy(AMSOIL diesel synthetic) and run full 6quarts as the car was meant to for a reason! Look in here for oil topic very good write up for all you none believers!!!

I never claimed Mazda Oil was the best out there. I never claimed Mazda Oil filters were the best out there. I am just saying that using non OEM filters could cause you issues, if you had engine issues and needed a dealer warranty. Now, if you have the dealer perform the labour for your oil change, with your filter, and oil they would be much more likely to help you out with warranty problems.
Feel free to quote the manual, and use whatever makes you happy. I am not saying you are wrong, I am just suggesting some things you should be cautious about.

FLIPDADY
08-06-2010, 01:21 AM
That is correct SIR but the first # was not the same filter that left the factory with 6 Quarts of oil!! now the superseded one is worse than the first replacement part! the yahoo's are putting in oil without verifying dipstick cause the Mazda parts do not correspond to the original specs!! They wanted to save a few bucks and change manufactures!
P.S first oil filter was a black Fo.Mo.Co filter just like the dipstick!!
That's all you can get at the moment.

I'm sure I can get the JDM ones....their part numbers might be different.

Kris"Speed3"CWP
08-06-2010, 06:38 PM
I never claimed Mazda Oil was the best out there. I never claimed Mazda Oil filters were the best out there. I am just saying that using non OEM filters could cause you issues, if you had engine issues and needed a dealer warranty. Now, if you have the dealer perform the labour for your oil change, with your filter, and oil they would be much more likely to help you out with warranty problems.
Feel free to quote the manual, and use whatever makes you happy. I am not saying you are wrong, I am just suggesting some things you should be cautious about.

As long as dealer is documenting your service history and you are following manufacturers change interval you will have no problems what so ever!
Mobile 1 filter on box," All new car warranties remain in effect when mobile 1 oil filters are used. Follow your vehicle manufacturers recommended oil change intervals. Now if your oil you bring dealer is does not have the same minimum standards as what is in the owners manual then obviously you will void warranty. Use any type oil you want you don't have to have Mazda oil!! Just do service at dealer for best documentation, they will like you better as you will pay flat rate for oil change from labor book as most dealers actually do not make money from oil changes!! Just push Mazda to give you viscosity ratings for your synthetic as CX-7 Disi is using the Duron-e syn 5w/40 oil Fact in Canada and I have 15w/40 amsoil syn diesel good to -44 Celsius fact but get it in writing so they do try to screw you! 5/w20 is for nothing but gas mileage gains 5/30 is better but not for the DISI turbo. I seriously doubt that they will revise warranty book to reflect what they are putting in my car or the cx-7 to correct the oil shearing down and the white smoke under acceleration, even none turbo cars with 5w/20 have this issue. I know why allot of Gen 1's are blowing engines and turbos it's probably when your getting close to the 8,000km and your oil is dead and the 5w30 is really a 5w/20 ROFL all you sucka's ha ha ha I will dump my syn every 4,000-5000km I do not care to extend it unless i get it in writing from Mazda that would be ok to do so but still would be weary of it!!!