PDA

View Full Version : Which pads shall i get?

wantboost
08-02-2010, 04:21 PM
how do hawk hps+ compare to OEM? and is there more dust? what others do u recommend

Donutz
08-02-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm not sure if you have that right; there is HPS and HP+. For the street you probably don't want HP+, try HPS instead. I recently changed from HPS to HP+. HPS is perfectly fine and I found stops better than OEM. HP+ seems to have more stopping power than HPS when they are at operating temp, but they squeel like mad. I can't comment on how HP+ performs in the winter, but HPS is great.

mazdathree
08-02-2010, 06:10 PM
I have HPS and they are fine. The only thing I noticed is that they wear out pretty fast, but then my highway and traffic driving has increased significantly since swapping from OEM to HPS hawk.

Donutz
08-02-2010, 06:22 PM
I've been running my HPS for close to 4 years. I tend to downshift a lot, but I do get on the brakes pretty hard when I'm zoom zooming. Mine are around 40% pad material left (took them off about 2 weeks ago).

RedRaptor
08-03-2010, 10:16 AM
I've ready conflicting reviews about how the Hawk HPS pads are compared to the OEM pads. I heard they dust more and the performance is on par with OEM at best.

Of course it all depends on the way you drive but I really like the OEM pads.

I'll need a brake job soon so doing all my research.

Donutz
08-03-2010, 10:28 AM
You raise an excellent point, so I should preface my posts with "in my experience". Personally I noticed a huge reduction in dust, and after proper bedding I had a good improvement in braking, HPS compared to OEM. I should also note that I installed fresh Rotora slotted rotors at the same time. Some say slots reduce rotor surface area and consequently reduce braking performance. I can't say it does or does not, I'm just putting this info out there so folks can compare my comments to others.

kiloaway
08-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Yep. I'll go HPS but still looking for the rotors. Slot or Blank I'm still wandering at the moment

Donutz
08-04-2010, 09:38 PM
On the street the slots are purely for looks. They do look good though!

SKYMP3
08-05-2010, 02:04 AM
How is ceramic compare to HPS?

Does Ceramic gives squeezing noise as well? I used PBR Ceramic pads before (on the MP3) and they squeezed a lot...

wantboost
08-05-2010, 05:27 AM
How is ceramic compare to HPS?

Does Ceramic gives squeezing noise as well? I used PBR Ceramic pads before (on the MP3) and they squeezed a lot...

how about regular PBR/axxis pads i had both ceramic and metal master or organic i forget now. But i loved both. Seemed the hotter they go the more they gripped. Anyone else try them on there 3?
Is anyone running green/red stuff?