PDA

View Full Version : How to Remove Small Paint Stains from Leather??

bukjoe
10-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Hello everyone... I found some small Paint Stains on my leather seats :bang

I've googled how to remove these but the answer are pretty inconsistent... does anyone know how to remove Paint from Leather seats without damaging the leather?

I will try and get some pics up soon...

aris
10-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Use something like spray nine and a tooth brush

Shawn
10-06-2010, 09:22 PM
What kind of paint?

peterm15
10-07-2010, 09:19 PM
On my moms jeep seats i used a razer BACKWARDS and kind of scraped it off. IM NOT SUGGESTING THIS but it worked for me.
The paint was close to the colour of the seats so its BARELY noticeable

bukjoe
10-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Here is the pic of the Paint Stain... I have no idea what kind of paint it is...

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/bukjoe/Paint/paintstain.jpg

aris
10-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Use a all purpose cleaner like spray nine and a tooth brush and scrub it

JonfromOttawa
03-04-2011, 08:28 AM
When I bought my used 07 gx, the previous owner was a painter and the seats were covered in paint... I took it to professional detailing shops and they couldn't getit out. What eventually worked? a $10 can of paint stripper (Poly Strippa) from Home Depot. Can't say what it might do to the leather, but the spots are pretty small so you could use a really small amount with a fine brush and it might work. Good luck!

bluntman
03-04-2011, 09:32 AM
How about a black Sharpie?

Darkice
03-14-2011, 10:59 AM
theres a stain remover called '' winning colours stain remover '' u can get it at home depot and it removes so much stains especially paint , i got oil paint on my dads mazda 3 seats and this got it out

JP3
03-15-2011, 09:14 PM
theres a stain remover called '' winning colours stain remover '' u can get it at home depot and it removes so much stains especially paint , i got oil paint on my dads mazda 3 seats and this got it out

"Winnings Colours" stain remover is a popular choice, but as always test on a small inconspicuous spot to see how it affects the leather. You may also want to look at "Folex" or something like Goo Gone and Super Degooper....provided that it is latex based paint though. Also available at your local Home Hardware store....

JStroke
03-16-2011, 01:57 PM
If this is housepaint, which it looks like it might be, I can help you. Nail polish remover (acetone) will work 100% of the time on latex paint but make sure you test it somewhere inconspicuous to see what it does to your leather. Varsol for oil paints but try the same thing, it will at the very least dry out your leather, you should condition it afterwards.

XTOTHEL
03-16-2011, 03:36 PM
If this is housepaint, which it looks like it might be, I can help you. Nail polish remover (acetone) will work 100% of the time on latex paint but make sure you test it somewhere inconspicuous to see what it does to your leather. Varsol for oil paints but try the same thing, it will at the very least dry out your leather, you should condition it afterwards.

+1 I was gonna suggest paint remover, use a qtip or something and then condition it good after.

bryansbestwax
03-18-2011, 11:40 AM
goof off, should do it, just use a bit on a mf towel and gently rub

boost123
03-23-2011, 08:54 PM
paint thiners, or spray mult purpose and brush at it