PDA

View Full Version : ms3 not starting :S

abstrakt
12-31-2010, 12:54 AM
hello everybody i am quite the "noob" shall we say on these forum thingers...anyways i have an issue with my 08 ms3..today i woke up this morning had a coffee and started to run my errands..so i jump in my car, start her up and take off to do what i had to do now after i was done i went to go jump back in my car i tried starting it and it wouldnt crank:(...so i kept turning the ignition switch back and forth a couple of times and then she fired up. now i go to a relatives place to hang out for a bit and when i went to leave my car fired up and away i went..later in the night after being home and parked in the driveway for a good few hours i proceeded to go out agian and when i went to go start my car and agian it wasnt cranking at all..now the fuel pump primes and everything works so the battery seems to have all the juice it needs to start the car but the starter wont even crank when the key is in crank position:flaming..any tips or pointers on how to diagnose this problem?

thanks..

Abstrakt

SomeGuy
12-31-2010, 01:01 AM
Check the starter wire...probably loose connection or corroded/ruined.

-cj-
12-31-2010, 01:05 AM
I'm the last guy who will talk about people's grammar, but man your post was hard to read!

Keep the key on start/crank and try playing with the clutch pedal. See if more force on the peddle helps start it. It sounds like it might be the clutch safety switch acting up?

abstrakt
12-31-2010, 01:10 AM
i have a feeling its the clutch switch as well because i actually got underneath and pushed the switch with my thumb and still nothing and i checked near and around the starter and everything is in good conditon there..and my bad on the grammar issues lol i am quite aggravated about this situation

sol_searchin
12-31-2010, 01:20 AM
Do these car's have main relay's?

-cj-
12-31-2010, 01:27 AM
I'd just keep the key in "start" (cranking) position and go nuts on the clutch pedal (within reason). IE: Release/push, release/push with more force, etc. Maybe the switch got wet or something? I had a similar issue as you and it was my clutch switch, but it only happened once and never returned..... Maybe I got it wet, since it was nasty out that day...

abstrakt
12-31-2010, 01:27 AM
i am pretty sure it does i will have to check tomo either after work or on my lunch but i am pretty sure it does

abstrakt
12-31-2010, 01:29 AM
well i am going to bring my multimeter home from work and take the clutch switch out and check the resistance and i guess go from there but i dont think it would be a relay or a starter wire

Noisy Crow
12-31-2010, 01:54 AM
Could be the immobilizer.... Bad chip in the key maybe? Have you tried the other key........

gretzky
12-31-2010, 07:27 AM
i had a similar problem and it was the starter wire corroding, once i got a new wire it worked perfectly

swales
12-31-2010, 08:44 AM
A buddy had the exact same problem and it was the starter wire