PDA

View Full Version : hey need some answer

jdmdude
02-08-2011, 09:54 PM
hey just wondering if your mazda speed 3 acts different in very cold weather. like when the car reach high rpm it sputters for sec then goes.

Zoom Zoom Boy
02-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Yes, the MS3 acts differently in really cold weather. Same with really hot and humid weather. All turbo'd cars do. Not so much a sputtering, but a general loss of power and responsiveness from the turbo.

McGuyver_3
02-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Yes, the MS3 acts differently in really cold weather. Same with really hot and humid weather. All turbo'd cars do. Not so much a sputtering, but a general loss of power and responsiveness from the turbo.

+1
you will also notice a difference in fuel economy and dsame goes for any kinds of modifications you add on

Zoom Zoom Boy
02-09-2011, 09:22 AM
To the OP. I just noticed that you have an 07' MS3. Do you know if you ever had the TSB/recall performed on the fuel pump? If your car is truly 'stuttering' at WOT as you mentioned, it could potentially be related to the fuel pump. Probably just the cold weather, but I'm throwing that out there as something else to consider.

kmcg23_ms3
02-25-2011, 05:29 PM
I also can say that my Speed has randomly sputters once and a while at cold temps. Also below -15 my shocks make a creaky sound (i've fixed the part twice but it always comes back the next year. So I gave up, dealer told me that all speeds have that issue.... who knows.

McGuyver_3
02-25-2011, 06:02 PM
I also can say that my Speed has randomly sputters once and a while at cold temps. Also below -15 my shocks make a creaky sound (i've fixed the part twice but it always comes back the next year. So I gave up, dealer told me that all speeds have that issue.... who knows.

the next time the greasable sway bar bushings go on sale buy a set of those. The bushings are dry even my 10 speed has that problem

what year speed do you have?
07's they have a revised pump recal or bulletin for them
08's they have a revised program for the computer

If i recal correctly it has somethinng to do with the sputtering

jdmdude
03-01-2011, 12:54 AM
ok i will check that out thanks.

TriniFyah7
05-04-2011, 10:14 PM
To the OP. I just noticed that you have an 07' MS3. Do you know if you ever had the TSB/recall performed on the fuel pump? If your car is truly 'stuttering' at WOT as you mentioned, it could potentially be related to the fuel pump. Probably just the cold weather, but I'm throwing that out there as something else to consider.

what year speed do you have?
07's they have a revised pump recal or bulletin for them
08's they have a revised program for the computer

If i recal correctly it has somethinng to do with the sputtering

The recall for the fuel pumps were related to a specific batch that was manufactured before a set date. Can't remember the exact date but I had mine checked out and it's still good. Like you said, this recall was only affiliated with the 07s

joedemarco
07-27-2011, 07:48 PM
hey guys, I have a few questions, and they may sound completely idiotic but I need to ask them because I cant find them on the forum.

in regards to the lettering on the engine cover...

#1 what is MZR?
#2 what is DISI?

Ive done a lot of homework on Mazda 3 GT, never expecting I would own a MazdaSpeed...but now I do (on Friday) 2007 CWP MS3 16G on the road with 130,000k...and I have no idea what i'm getting myself into, so I would greatly appreciate some info.

Is there anything crucial that I should know when I get into my new car to drive it home?

sorry...noob in da house!!!

hope to meet you guys soon at a meet.

thank you for your help!!!
joedemarco

Mr Wilson
07-27-2011, 08:12 PM
#1 MZR is the family of inline 4 series of Mazda engines
#2 DISI = Direct Injection, Spark Ignition

Enjoy the car! you got the best and fastest colour ;)

Make sure to read the forums, they are filled with important information on running and maintaining these car. They are fickle, but can be hugely rewarding.

rzapata
07-27-2011, 09:42 PM
hey guys, I have a few questions, and they may sound completely idiotic but I need to ask them because I cant find them on the forum.

in regards to the lettering on the engine cover...

#1 what is MZR?
#2 what is DISI?

Ive done a lot of homework on Mazda 3 GT, never expecting I would own a MazdaSpeed...but now I do (on Friday) 2007 CWP MS3 16G on the road with 130,000k...and I have no idea what i'm getting myself into, so I would greatly appreciate some info.

Is there anything crucial that I should know when I get into my new car to drive it home?

sorry...noob in da house!!!

hope to meet you guys soon at a meet.

thank you for your help!!!
joedemarco

As a precaution, make sure you feel the clutch a bit more as it's completely different than any other manual cars. :) Make sure you take care of the engine and the turbo especially, and as Mr. Wilson said, it is the best color.. :) :) :) Have a glance at the owner's manual and read up more on the forums... I'm sure if you take care of her, she will take care of you even more.. :) Good luck and congrats!! :thumbsup

joedemarco
07-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Hey guys!!!

Great friggin' news!!! My mechanic called and said that everything should be ready for tonight, so scratch tomorrow, she's coming home with me TODAY!!!!! :D

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate the tips.

Please feel free to PM me with more, or write them up here for everyone to see.

One other interest of mine is the need for a boost gauge, I do plan on getting one, I just don't know when. Also, I've read something about a EGT, is that of any use on a MS3?

Please give me your recommendations for either and the appx price.

*btw take a look at the "new cars" section later tonight, ill post some pics!!!*$

Thank you so much!!

-joe

Snotrocket
07-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Get an accessport.. you can use it as a boost gauge.. Also, you can get rid of all the limiters in low gears as well as boost cut @6000 RPM. If you decide to mod its a great tuning device.

Mr Wilson
07-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Echo Snotrocket's statement.

Read Abilor's noob tuning report, it provides a great intro to the car, some of the standard readings you should be seeing and tuning it.

Clicky (http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f9/abilors-tooning-guide-noobs-83959/)

AkitoI
08-16-2011, 11:22 AM
I always like it when there is some cool crisp air... (maybe not freezing cold air though!) colder=more oxygen=more turbo fun!

joedemarco
10-23-2011, 11:49 PM
hey guys, so a friend of mine just bought a Garrett TC for his civic, and it had me wondering what brand the K04 is in the MS3's? also, since I'm here do the Gen1 and Gen2 MS3's have the same Turbo?

So I did the right thing and gave one last shot at google to find the manufacturer for the K04...is it APR? Do they only make the K04, thats all I've been able to find from them? and the Gen1 and Gen2 Questions stands.

BlueStreak
10-23-2011, 11:58 PM
Joint construction b/w Borg Warner and Hitachi.

Falzone11
11-16-2014, 08:13 PM
boost weather

Stathakos
11-16-2014, 08:52 PM
boost weather

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj251/Redcap557/threadnecro_zpse9c879e2.jpg