PDA

View Full Version : Can a 07 mazdaspeed3 rear bumper fit an 06 mazda 3 hatch GT?

Mazdy
02-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Hey guys i know this question is been discussed a thousand times...but i just wanted to know bcuz someone hit my 06 m3 rear bumper and i am getting an ms3 rear bumper instead....im not a 100% sure that its gonna fit but as far as i know it has the same rear end body panel so im guessing why wouldnt it fit.....so all i just wanted to know is...is it going to be just plug and play? Or would it have some xtra modification that needs to be done....thanx

cwp_sedan
02-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Answers are here.

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?36857-Speed3-rear-bumper-on-a-06-GT-hatch

Mazdy
02-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Thanx....found some info about things i need to know...i saw the steps of how the proper way to do it...but is that all nessessary? I didnt see any answers to that so im guessing plug and play wont do it? U have to do some xtra modifications for it to be installed then?

Donutz
02-18-2011, 04:17 PM
It's necessary.

Mazdy
02-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Just bought the speed3 bumper..but havent put it on yet on my 06 m3 GT hatch....so wut do i gotta do? U guys mean that i cant just remove my bumper and simply put the speed3 bumper? Wut do i have to adjust or put? Just to make the speed3 bumper fit

mazdaskit
02-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Just bought the speed3 bumper..but havent put it on yet on my 06 m3 GT hatch....so wut do i gotta do? U guys mean that i cant just remove my bumper and simply put the speed3 bumper? Wut do i have to adjust or put? Just to make the speed3 bumper fit

The proper way:
1. Bumper cover
2. Lower valance
3. Center bracket
4. Foam absorber
5. Left and right shield extensions with rivets

Is all this necessary? I was told it was a direct bolt in

Mazdy
02-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Can anyone explain this pls...sry i dont usually customize or do any modifications on my car..just starting to..im a noob at all this LOL...thanx

aris
02-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Can anyone explain this pls...sry i dont usually customize or do any modifications on my car..just starting to..im a noob at all this LOL...thanx

I don't want to sound like ass but it's been explained clearly in this thread on what to do.

Mazdy
02-18-2011, 10:28 PM
What i meant was...explain the steps.....like an explanation of each # step by step...thats wut i meant..

Mazdy
02-18-2011, 11:31 PM
The proper way:
1. Bumper cover
2. Lower valance
3. Center bracket
4. Foam absorber

Sry not to bump but these are the steps i want explanations with...can anyone explain this to me step by step what to do...thanx so much and i would apreciate

sol_searchin
02-19-2011, 12:01 AM
Read this 1000x until you get it.

The proper way:
1. Bumper cover
2. Lower valance
3. Center bracket
4. Foam absorber

Mazdy
02-19-2011, 02:08 AM
Read this 1000x until you get it.

The proper way:
1. Bumper cover
2. Lower valance
3. Center bracket
4. Foam absorber

The thing is i dont get what ur trying to say...read it read it read it....all i want is for anyone to explain step by step wut to do....u dont have to be an ass about it...

cwp_sedan
02-19-2011, 02:13 AM
The thing is i dont get what ur trying to say...read it read it read it....all i want is for anyone to explain step by step wut to do....u dont have to be an ass about it...

1. Remove old bumper cover
2. Remove old foam absorber
3. Replace with new foam absorber
4. Replace with new bumper cover/brackets, etc
5. Have a beer and admire your MS3 rear bumper

No one is being an ass, you just aren't getting it. If you can't figure it out from the information that has been provided here or in the other threads mentioned, maybe you shouldn't be trying to do it yourself. It's pretty straight forward.

Mazdy
02-19-2011, 10:51 AM
1. Remove old bumper cover
2. Remove old foam absorber
3. Replace with new foam absorber
4. Replace with new bumper cover/brackets, etc
5. Have a beer and admire your MS3 rear bumper

No one is being an ass, you just aren't getting it. If you can't figure it out from the information that has been provided here or in the other threads mentioned, maybe you shouldn't be trying to do it yourself. It's pretty straight forward.

Thank you so much...that was the explanation i needed to know...that helped me alot....thats what i meant when i said an explanation of wvery step...now i get it...thank you

cwp_sedan
02-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Thank you so much...that was the explanation i needed to know...that helped me alot....thats what i meant when i said an explanation of wvery step...now i get it...thank you

Uh, the problem is that this is the "obvious" thing to do without an explanation. Have you removed the rear bumper before?

Mazdy
02-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Uh, the problem is that this is the "obvious" thing to do without an explanation. Have you removed the rear bumper before?

Sry i dont know jack about modifications nor removing anything....im just starting so yep...thanx for all the help...step by step im learning how to remove or put things to my car

mazdaskit
02-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Sry i dont know jack about modifications nor removing anything....im just starting so yep...thanx for all the help...step by step im learning how to remove or put things to my car

then go to street performance & get Richard to do it lol there its that easy

Mazdy
02-19-2011, 08:36 PM
then go to street performance & get Richard to do it lol there its that easy

where is that located btw?

Donutz
02-19-2011, 08:41 PM
In the Shop Review subforum. Conveniently found on the main forum listing, or by using the search engine.

McGuyver_3
02-19-2011, 11:14 PM

Take some advice from me

DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS YOURSELF

everyone here who is trying to help you in a nice way no disrespect, To OP You wanted a description for the most basic and most logical of steps. Before you brake something as you clearly have no clue where to start hand over the work to someone with experience.

Mazdy
02-21-2011, 11:02 AM
:TTT:D

S.F.W.
02-21-2011, 11:33 AM
:TTT:D

why are you bumping the thread? A shop was suggested to you, people told you where to find the info on the shop...

Mazdy
02-21-2011, 11:35 AM
why are you bumping the thread? A shop was suggested to you, people told you where to find the info on the shop...

ok sry..you can close this if you want...i just wanna see some ppls opinion or more suggestions

S.F.W.
02-21-2011, 11:55 AM
ok sry..you can close this if you want...i just wanna see some ppls opinion or more suggestions

what other opinions or suggestions do you want? Can it be done ? Yes. Do you know what is involved? Yes. Were instructions posted how to DIY ? Yes. Were suggestions made for a shop to complete the work for you? Yes.

aris
02-21-2011, 03:56 PM

ok dude how old are you? you clearly stated in this thread that you did it all ready and it took you 4 hours?

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?36857-Speed3-rear-bumper-on-a-06-GT-hatch

Thanx followed every step....i dont know jack sh*t on modifications...removing or putting things on my car...im just starting to learn haha....but yep thanx...bumper is looking great..for a newbie it took me 4 hours to change my m3 gt 06 rear bumper and replaced it with the ms3 bumper...hehe

Mazdy
02-21-2011, 03:58 PM
ok dude how old are you? you clearly stated in another thread that you did it all ready and it took you 4 hours?

I did it already...i just wanna see some opions and comment about other ppl whos gonna do it or did it already...

Why u mad?

S.F.W.
02-21-2011, 06:08 PM
ok, discussion finished, you went ahead and did it. If you want to see if other people have done it use the search function.