PDA

View Full Version : New here - helping sister in-law - head lamp assemblys dirty

yaman
02-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Hi - I don't own an M3 but my sister in-law asked me to help her get new headlamp assembly's. The ones she has are very dirty / dusty / cloudy on the inside.

I am pretty handy and work on my M6 and other cars in the family. I have been trying to find new assembly's and where I might be able to get some. I also looked to see if there is a way to remove and "open" up the existing assembly's to clean them.

Do anyone have any suggestions. The car is an '04.

Donutz
02-21-2011, 07:27 PM
You could bake the assemblies open and clean them. I'm wondering what could be causing the problem. Are the gaskets on the back properly installed? Or is there possibly a leak in the seals?

poke65
02-21-2011, 07:46 PM
Are you sure it is on the inside ? My 04 looks hazy and foggy but it is the outside that needs to be refinished. (sandblasted from the elements)

S.F.W.
02-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Hi - I don't own an M3 but my sister in-law asked me to help her get new headlamp assembly's. The ones she has are very dirty / dusty / cloudy on the inside.

I am pretty handy and work on my M6 and other cars in the family. I have been trying to find new assembly's and where I might be able to get some. I also looked to see if there is a way to remove and "open" up the existing assembly's to clean them.

Do anyone have any suggestions. The car is an '04.

is it a sedan or hatch? I have an extra set of 04 Sedan headlights, I was going to list for sale..

Default User
02-21-2011, 08:43 PM
OP - has she tried the headlight restore kits? you can get them at crappy tire

is it a sedan or hatch? I have an extra set of 04 Sedan headlights, I was going to list for sale..

hahaha - i read the post before seeing who posted it - and I thought for sure it was SSG Peter

mzr2.0
02-22-2011, 04:39 PM
i believe u can buy a headlight cleaning kit for that how much i don't know and probably part source crappy tire and other stores might have it and whatever u do pop the lens off the assembally itself it will break and u won be able to get it back together either. if it was the out side well u could just use toothpaste and a buffer than use windex to clean it up i did this before and it looks brand new again

Templar Knight
02-23-2011, 11:03 AM
i have the same problem...and it makes a difference in the HID, one side is clearly more brighter.

mazdaskit
02-23-2011, 11:09 AM
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/AutoHeadlights/HeadlightAccessories/PRD~0392802P/Meguiar%252527s%2525AE%252BHeadlight%252Band%252BC lear%252BPlastic%252BRestoration%252BKit.jsp?local e=en

Templar Knight
02-28-2011, 11:48 PM
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

does anyone have feedback on this product?

jewopi
03-07-2011, 02:10 AM
i work for partsource and have sold a lot of that product, never tried it myself, although i have used another product called blue magic, same idea as the meguiars, half the price, u just take a clean cloth and put some elbow grease into it, makes for a very nice finish on my 05 3 sedan.

standsideways
03-07-2011, 05:31 PM
She most likely doesnt have the dust boots on her headlights, or didnt at sometime.

Bake em and clean em or get new ones