PDA

View Full Version : New memeber- 2008 sport gs

Romanm
02-26-2011, 04:19 PM
Hey everyone,

I just bought my 2008 mazda sport gs. car has 68,000km, has power windows/locks, and is a 5 speed and came with a new set of winters on steels. Other than that, thats it. picked it up for 8750 plus tax. Do you think I got a good deal?

So, The first thing Ill be doing is getting an oil change and tuneup (plugs, air filter, all fluids replaced) . learned today you need a 14p oil filter wrench. awesome. Anyone have the spin on filter kit for sale? This is something I will be doing asap so Im not wasting time and money.

Mods for the car are as follows, in this order.

1. cruise control
2. Rx8 Rims
3. Tint
4. Black out tail lights (i hate the altezza look)
5. Brakes (new rotors, hawk pads)
6. CAI
7. Mazdaspeed3 suspension components

I plan on auto-xing and taking to mosport the car this summer, so any pointers in that direction would be great. Im thinking im going to mount slicks on the current 16's I have as Im not sure how good the 18's would be for track duty. The car will remain faily stock to remain in a stock class and spend more money on maintenance.

aZuMi
02-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Welcome to TM3!

What colour is your car? I think that's a pretty decent price for a 2008. Speaking from experience, I think you should lower your car first before changing your rims. If you're running 18's at stock suspension, it will look like 4x4.

Romanm
02-26-2011, 05:45 PM
the car is blue. considering im a car guy, I should know exactly what color it is, but I dont.

I read on her you cant run rx8 rims being lowered because they will rub ( with the stock tires)

Romanm
02-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Also, do I have something messed up? The latest post is first.....so If i open a thread, Im reading first the last comment made...I need to go to the last page to read te first page of the thread. Is there a way to change this?

mazdaskit
02-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Also, do I have something messed up? The latest post is first.....so If i open a thread, Im reading first the last comment made...I need to go to the last page to read te first page of the thread. Is there a way to change this?

got to go to your settings to fix that so it shows the last post posted:)

aZuMi
02-26-2011, 07:51 PM
the car is blue. considering im a car guy, I should know exactly what color it is, but I dont.

I read on her you cant run rx8 rims being lowered because they will rub ( with the stock tires)

Check out riftler's ride. He's on prokits and running rx8s

The Wolf
02-26-2011, 09:31 PM
i think that's a great price for an 08 with that amount of km's.

i paid 12 xxx for an '07 with 34,000k...

stefanb
04-21-2011, 08:32 PM
i think that's a great price for an 08 with that amount of km's.

i paid 12 xxx for an '07 with 34,000k...

Almost doesn't seem real - unless he knew the person or got it at an auction. Some 04 GTs sell for $8500 still, all depends where.