PDA

View Full Version : Map Light, possible?

DarkKilla
03-15-2011, 11:43 PM
I have a 2008.5 Mazda 3 GX
Would it be possible to install the oem maplights in the headliner?
If so, how much you think the part from the dealership would cost? Where does the map light get wired to? Dome light possibly?

Thanks

gabbygenier
03-16-2011, 07:42 AM
ive looked into this with one of my friends and im sure you can do it. but i can tell you that the wiring is not there so youd have to get the wiring in there somehow. wouldnt be that bad if you take the head liner off and tap into the wiring from the dome light. a lot of work for something so small IMO

DarkKilla
03-17-2011, 03:26 PM
:( I can live without map lights, but I was thinking about getting a sunroof installed and it would be nice to have map lights up there too and get it done at the same time

jova87
03-17-2011, 05:52 PM
hey thats me!!!.. just get some really bright dome lights... the map light unit itself is dirt cheap.. its the wiring thats a pain.. IIRC the map light is 30$.. but the cost to wire it all up and cut the headliner... couple hundred.. or perhaps tap into the dome like gab said

gabbygenier
03-18-2011, 09:11 AM
hey thats me!!!.. just get some really bright dome lights... the map light unit itself is dirt cheap.. its the wiring thats a pain.. IIRC the map light is 30$.. but the cost to wire it all up and cut the headliner... couple hundred.. or perhaps tap into the dome like gab said

hahah. i dont know y i never thought of that when you wanted to do that.

and also to OP get a really bright dome light like jova said. i forgot he didnt have maps and when i got in his car the other night i thought to myself, damn he has some bright leds in here haha.

deandai
05-27-2011, 01:15 AM
:( I can live without map lights, but I was thinking about getting a sunroof installed and it would be nice to have map lights up there too and get it done at the same time

feel your pain :(