PDA

View Full Version : Preparing to Purchase a Mazda3

Erica
04-27-2011, 02:05 AM
I started looking at used cars a few months ago. I knew that I wanted to make a purchase in the spring and thought I'd put the wait time to use, educating myself on the market and the process of buying a used car. I hadn't given much consideration to a Mazda until about a month ago when I had to rent a car for a few days. The rental company gave me a Mazda5. I was totally taken with the car and the fun of driving it. However, the Mazda5 was larger than what I really needed, so I started reading up on the Mazda3. I found this forum and read through several informative posts about the vehicle. I took a test drive in one last week and loved it. I think it is well-suited for what I need right now. I have decided that I would like a low mileage 2007 GS, although an air conditioned GX would also be fine. I never seem to use 'extras' much. I think I used the cruise control on my minivan twice in the twelve years that I drove it. An unanticipated bonus of the Mazda3 (as well as other Mazda models) is the ease with which I can get out of the car. I have osteoarthritis and find exiting some cars to be difficult and embarrassingly graceless at best. This is not with case with the Mazda3. I had not realized that there would be so much difference in similar sized cars. I have my eye on a couple of specific Mazda3's now and hope to purchase one by the end of the week.

Globex
04-27-2011, 02:13 AM
Good luck on your search and purchase! :)

Elusivellama
04-27-2011, 05:17 AM
Good luck on your purchase, some car manufacturers do their homework to make sure their car is ergonomically friendly. This is not the case with the new 2012 Honda Civic - I managed to bang my right shin while getting into the car while I was looking at it. Thinking it was just a mistake, I got out and slowly got back into the car, and the edge of the driver's side console slowly came into contact with my shin again.

rzapata
04-27-2011, 06:37 AM
Congrats on the purchase and welcome. :)

You will absolutely love the car, no matter what year it is. Make sure you stay away from Downsview Auto though or just be very careful (if you've considered them)...

Elusivellama
04-27-2011, 07:15 AM
I'd just stay away from them altogether, the deposit you put down to 'test drive' is actually for buying the car.

rab33
04-28-2011, 10:01 AM
I bought my car at Downsview and had a pretty good experience. However, I knew about the negative feedback, did alot of due diligence, and proceeded with extreme caution. I may have just gotten lucky, who knows.