PDA

View Full Version : Knocking in rear end and car leans to the left

caquricon
05-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Ok first up, there is a knocking noise whenever I go over bumps coming from the rear end, after doing some searching it seems the most common cause is the rear end links. So my question is, is there a way for me to see if that's the cause or do I have to put it up on a hoist and look under the car to see?

Second, it seems my car like to lean to the left while cruising straight. If I hold my steering wheel straight or let go of it the car tends to lean left and sometimes it's so bad that it will actually make me sway into the next lane or shoulder. At first I thought it was an alignment issue but I had an alignment done last December and I still have the same issue, any other ideas or should I try for another alignment?

carbon3
07-03-2011, 04:52 PM
My Speed pulls to the left as well, Im running stock suspension and have been to Mazda twice for wheel alignments concerning the issue but they assured me it was all aligned properly, Its annoying but Im out of ideas.

andyh921
07-19-2011, 08:18 PM
I seem to have the same problem, knocking noise from the back when I go over bumps or uneven roads slowly.... I had eibach pro kits installed and I thought that was the problem, put on the stock springs and the same problem still persists. It's driving me insane to be honest... Anyone got any ideas? I'm guessing my rear strut is giving me issues? Please help.

peterm15
07-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Control arm bushings? possible seized bolt.

I had a slight knock coming from my rear, Last saturday i changed my shockes and got stuck with a rear control arm bushing( actually the pin/collar) thta connects the C.A to the wheel assembly.
Im replacing the bushing next week ( there is a beat up one there) but after fooling with that bushing/bolt the problem is much more noticeable, My father and I have narrowed it down to that wheel and metal banging off metal

caquricon
07-19-2011, 09:06 PM
I had Jimmy at Street Performance check out my rear end while I was at his shop last week and it turns out all is good and it's just my jack knocking around over hard bumps. Funny how I forgot my jack was hidden off to the side and not with the wheel.

I wish you guys luck with narrowing down the issue.

andyh921
07-19-2011, 10:17 PM
my problem is not with the jack.... I get knocking noises when I go over even small bumps slowly... my money is on the rear struts... and I hope that will fix the problems, will keep you guys updated. If it doesn't, I don't know what I'll do.