PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Solo-II (Auto-x) Events

Azi
05-19-2011, 11:15 AM
I realize this might be late for some events, but I figured I might as well post them here too. It would be awesome to see more 3's come out. You guys have the power and handling. Plus you can run wide tires.

It’s a new year, which means it’s time for a new season! Warmer weather is right around the corner, and time to get the car ready for another season of auto-x! Listed below are all the local events that are going on this summer.

What is auto-x you ask?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af2zJAOAqWQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaM7kgUlmhE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTCvudqDqkc

I’ll keep this list updated as dates become available and they change up.

For those of you that are new, and would like to try it out, don’t be shy. Come out to an event. Watch, or go for a ride. Its the cheapest form of motorsports out there. If you really want to be involved, CASC-OR/SPDA puts on an amazing auto-x driving school at the end of April. MCO will also have a school in May. The schools are geared towards all driving skills. These school sells out every year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a list of the Local Series/Clubs

CASC-OR Mobil 1 Championship Series.

Also known as the “provincials”, this is the top series in the area. Each events is put on be a different hosting car clubs. Its a great way to visit different clubs, and drivers from all around ontario

PITL – Push it to the Limit

This series is put on by the Mazda Sports Car Club. Events take place at the Bramalea Go Station in Brampton. It’s a small lot, and a ton of fun. B-Mod (FWD modified cars) is gonna be competitive this year. I cant wait!

TLMC – Twin Lakes Motorcar Club

TLMC has been around for over half a century now. They have been around for a while, and they know how to put on a great show. Their events are held at the Molson Center in Barrie. This lot is one of the largest open lots of any Solo II series. Course designs flow well, and getting runs is easy

BMWT – BMW Car Club Canada – Trillium Chapter

Events are held at Poweraide Center. Proceeds of these events are donated to the Hospital for Sick Children. You must be a member of the BMW club to attend this auto-x. They will let you have 1 event as a non-member.

St. Lac – St. Lawrence Automobile Club

St. Lac events are for those that are in the Kingston/Belleville area. Their auto-x venue switches between the Picton Airfield (yes…an airport) and Shannonville raceway. I always hear great things about the events held by these guys

WOSCA – Western Ontario Sports Car Association.

WOSCA is a London Based Car Club. They will be hosting events from Delaware Speedway outside London.

OMSC – Oshawa Motor Sports Club

OMSC is a smaller club that host various lapping days, and the first round of the provincial series held at Mosport DDT

PMSC – Peterbrough Motor Sports Club

PMSC is also a smaller club that host various lapping days and events, and the fifth round of the provincial series held at Kawartha Downs

SPDA - Subaru Performance Drivers Association

SPDA hosts the annual auto-x driving school, and the 2nd Event at the picton airfield.

HADA – Honda Acura Drivers Association

HADA hosts their Take if off the streets series held in Brampton at the Powerade Center. Lunch is included with the entry fee. They suck you in with the racing, and the keep you in with the samosas.

MCO – Motorsports Club of Ottawa

MCO is a large club in Ottawa that host various track days, driving schools, ice racing and solo events. MCO Solo II events are so popular that they have been forced to only have online registrations which sell out quickly. Events take place in Kanata at the Scotiabank Place, which is a massive lot.

Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

I don’t know too much about their series. The Auto-x's take place at the Toronto Star Facility in Woodbridge (1 Century Place, Woodbridge, ON. L4L 8R2). Cost is $30/driver, however you must register online, and you must be a member. The deadline is Thursday before the event.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Each series has its own list of car classification and rules. If you are interested in a series, visit their website, or ask questions here. I am sure you will find somebody from TOP at these events.

Solo II is cheap way to have a blast. There is no excessive wear on the car. You arrive arrive and drive (granted your car is in working condition and full of oil). It’s only as serious as you want it to be

April
Sunday April 10th - CASC – Open house
Sunday April 17th – PCA – The Toronto Star
Saturday April 30th – CASC/SPDA – Auto-x Driving School Day 1

May
Sunday May 1st – CASC/SPDA – Auto-x Driving School Day 2
Saturday May 7th – CASC – Mosport DDT (OMSC)
Saturday May 7th – HADA – Powerade Center
Saturday May 14th - PITL – Bramalea Go Station
Sunday May 15th - WOSCA - Delaware Speedway
Sunday May 15th - BMWT - Poweraide Center
Saturday May 28th - CASC – Picton Airfield (SPDA)
Saturday May 28th - PITL – Bramalea Go Station
Sunday May 29th - CASC – Picton Airfield (St. Lac)
Sunda May 29th – PCA – The Toronto Star

June
Saturday June 11th – PITL – Bramalea Go Station
Sunday June 12th – CASC – Molson Centre (TLMC)
Sunday June 12th - MCO - Scotiabank Center
Saturday June 18th - PITL – Bramalea Go Station
Saturday June 18th - HADA - Powerade Center
Saturday June 18th - MCO - Scotiabank Center
Sunday June 19th - MCO/CADL - Blainville QC
Saturday June 25th - WOSCA - Delaware Speedway
Sunday June 26th - BMWT - Poweraide Center

July
Saturday July 2nd - MCO - Scotiabank Center
Sunday July 3rd - TLMC - Molson Centre
Sunday July 10th - MCO - Scotiabank Center
Sunday July 10th - BMWT - Poweraide Center
Saturday July 16th - TLMC - Molson Center
Sunday July 17th – CASC – Kawartha Downs (PMSC)
Sunday July 17th – PITL – Bramalea Go Station
Saturday July 23rd - Sunday July 24th - MCO/CADL - St. Eustache, QC
Sunday July 24th - WOSCA - Delaware Speedway
Saturday July 30th - HADA - Powerade Center

August
Sunday August 7th – CASC – Poweraide Center (HADA)
Saturday August 6th - BMWT - Poweraide Center
SUnday August 14th - CASC - Molson Center (TLMC)
Saturday August 20th - WOSCA - Delaware Speedway
Sunday August 21st – PITL – Bramalea Go Station
Sunday August 28th - TLMC - Molson Center
Sunday August 28th - BMWT - Poweraide Center

September
Sunday September 11th – PCA – The Toronto Star
Saturday September 17th - PITL – Bramalea Go Station
Sunday September 18th – CASC – Molson Centre, Barrie (TLMC)
Sunday September 18th – HADA - Powerade Center
Saturday September 24th - WOSCA - Fanshawe College Charity Slalom
Sunday September 25th - TLMC - Molson Center
Sunday September 25th - BMWT - Poweraide Center

October
Saturday October 1st – PITL – Bramalea Go Station
Sunday October 2nd - TLMC - Molson Center
Sunday October 9th – PCA – The Toronto Star
Saturday October 15th - BMWT - Poweraide Center

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

taz4432
05-19-2011, 12:28 PM
I'll be doing a bunch of lapping events at DDT/Shannonville/Cayuga/Grand Bend but I'm also planning to try and do the CASC-OR OTA. My car's PIP schedule is already approved - I'm class T1, so I'm hoping that with the multiplier I'll be competitive! =D