PDA

View Full Version : How to remove paint overspray from Bodyshop?

ismail_alikhan
05-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Alright so last week was claybarring my car, and noticed a gray haze on my front end. Realized that my car was in the bodyshop for warrantied rust, and it looks like my car was oversprayed with someone elses paint while there.

The bodyshop is in Vaughn and its a major pain to go there for me as they have no weekend hours.

Is there any easy way to remove this haze and paint bubbles without wet sanding?

I claybarred that area...and it didnt work (Obviously), also machine polishing and waxing also had similar no effect.

Any ideas???

standsideways
05-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Use 3m surface prep/wax remover.

I used it on a buddys 180sx and it worked wonders

aris
05-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Use a more aggressive clay.... Or meguairs ultimate compound with a lake country orange buff pad on a polisher should do the trick

mazdabetty
05-27-2011, 06:36 PM
I'd take the time to go back there and make them fix it... if they need your car overnight make them give you a rental

sol_searchin
05-27-2011, 08:25 PM
^Best option

bluemazda3
05-27-2011, 10:41 PM
I'd notify the body shop right away and tell them to fix it.. wht betty said

komi
05-29-2011, 11:08 PM
i know going back to the body shop is the best option but if u had to do it at home wht wud be the best option
i have the same problem but its just a couple of patches where the trunk closes its not noticeable
but lol i know its there and im just picky at stuff like tht

aris
05-29-2011, 11:12 PM
i know going back to the body shop is the best option but if u had to do it at home wht wud be the best option
i have the same problem but its just a couple of patches where the trunk closes its not noticeable
but lol i know its there and im just picky at stuff like tht
I've posted a few posts down. ( post #3)

ismail_alikhan
05-30-2011, 12:58 AM
Thanks everyone appreciate it....Will defn try a more aggressive clay...its a small patch, and its on the plastic pieces as well.

Will try to go in to the shop though first!