PDA

View Full Version : Will Seats from an 08 fit 05?

Default User
06-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Tapatalk search function sucks

Will seats from an 08 fit my 05 Hatch?

More worried about the connector and the rear bench

FLIPDADY
06-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Fitment will be 100%. Only difference would be the seat electrical connectors at the front. They should have airbags in them so the wiring will be there for the airbags.

Default User
06-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Fitment will be 100%. Only difference would be the seat electrical connectors at the front. They should have airbags in them so the wiring will be there for the airbags.

Thanks.
Does that mean there's an extra set of connectors that I don't need to plug, or the connectors won't match?
Will the seatbelt indicator remain lit?

awhoy
06-21-2011, 10:21 PM
When I swapped my 2005 hatch seats with seats from 2006 I also had to swap the rails too or the air bag light will stay on.

Default User
07-13-2011, 10:52 AM
just a follow up, in case somebody searches in the future :D

I got the seats from a fellow member. The Non-Power / non-heated seats came with the original rails/sliders Everything was pretty much a straight forward, bolt-in install.

A few things:
- the rear bench backs are held in with 6 bolts – 3 of which will be a PITA to get out
- I had to take my old driver's side harness off my original seats, and put them into the seats off the 08 (because the PO needed to keep his for his swap). Not a difficult task – but just remember where the connectors plug into. IIRC – there are 6 slots, but only 3 connectors for my 05 HB. Just take a cell phone pic or jot down which connector goes where, and you’ll be fine
- The one thing that made me scratch my head was , because I also kept my original seat belt connector, attaching the Driver Side connector was a pain. There is a piece of metal that sticks out of the seat rail where the connector bolts into. Hard to explain, but it looks like a centering piece. However, it was getting dark, and I was getting tired, so I zip tied the seatbelt harness in spot, and called it a day

Other than that – the install took me close to 4 hours in total.
Would be faster if I didn’t refer to a “How-To” off of my phone LOL

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5348