PDA

View Full Version : HID Fog lights Ballast placement

rsolidum
06-24-2011, 03:31 PM
I've tried looking around the forums and Google. I can't find any info on where to put the ballast for the ballast for the HID fog lights. I have an 06 GT Hatchback.

I tried installing it last weekend. I was able to install the bulb with no problem. I have no idea where to place the ballast though.

I know some of you are running HIDs on your fogs. Where'd you put your ballast? Do you have any pictures that show where it is?

Thanks!

Noisy Crow
06-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Mine are attached to the inside of the front bumper cover with 3M tape......

JaYson
06-24-2011, 09:05 PM
get some exterior 3M tape from home depot, and have at it just put it ANYWHERe!

f12e5h
06-24-2011, 10:19 PM
I installed mine the other day. I placed my passenger ballast to my washer fluid mount and my driver side on one of the stock air box bolts. I removed my bottom air box so there's nothing in that space. Sorry I don't have any pictures

WeatherB
06-25-2011, 10:07 AM
I found that the best place for them was behind the bumper re-bar plate (that big metal plate that runs across the front of the car behind the bumper). You can use some double sided tape and then put a cable tie all the way around for extra support. This way it will never go anywhere and keeps nice and dry too. I've tried other places before and nearly always had the ballast come loose.

Check the circled part in this picture, you can see a bit of the ballast peaking through.

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss202/WeatherB_2009/Forum/P1020307.jpg

cwp_sedan
06-25-2011, 10:11 AM
You want to be able to access them without taking off the bumper. I have one attached to the washer bottle and one to the underside of the driver side headlight. Unfortunately you can't service the units unless the bumper has been removed. That is the only downfall with my placement.

I found that the best place for them was behind the bumper re-bar plate (that big metal plate that runs across the front of the car behind the bumper). You can use some double sided tape and then put a cable tie all the way around for extra support. This way it will never go anywhere and keeps nice and dry too. I've tried other places before and nearly always had the ballast come loose.

Check the circled part in this picture, you can see a bit of the ballast peaking through.

Probably not the best place for fogs but they might reach.