PDA

View Full Version : 2007 mazdaspeed 3 engine light issue

jdmdude
06-30-2011, 04:12 PM
hey just wanted to know. if anyone knew what PCM P0401 is code for exhaust gas recirculation flow. help need thanks.

breakfasteatre
06-30-2011, 04:49 PM
egr valve. clogged with carbon. Im currently undergoing cleaning of the valve

jdmdude
07-02-2011, 11:04 AM
hey thanks so what is egr ? and does it cost lots?

FUB4R3D
11-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Resurrecting this... sorry... Just pulled P0401, done my reading and I know the causes, car runs fine. Now, out comes the noob question that has to happen:

I'm still under extended warranty and have a MSCAI, Koni Yellow sports Eibach prokits and & JBR RMM (RMM and suspension having nothing to do with this conversation). I installed the CAI myself, never had a problem with it, but if I'm hoping to slide a new/cleaned EGR valve out of the dealership under warranty, should I be putting the stock airbox back on? They've seen the intake before, never said anything, never had any notes on the service record, never had any issues. I'm just a little strapped for cash after buying a CS SRI/TIP/airbox, some chassis braces, and an AP. Oh, and Christmas...

Snotrocket
11-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Resurrecting this... sorry... Just pulled P0401, done my reading and I know the causes, car runs fine. Now, out comes the noob question that has to happen:

I'm still under extended warranty and have a MSCAI, Koni Yellow sports Eibach prokits and & JBR RMM (RMM and suspension having nothing to do with this conversation). I installed the CAI myself, never had a problem with it, but if I'm hoping to slide a new/cleaned EGR valve out of the dealership under warranty, should I be putting the stock airbox back on? They've seen the intake before, never said anything, never had any notes on the service record, never had any issues. I'm just a little strapped for cash after buying a CS SRI/TIP/airbox, some chassis braces, and an AP. Oh, and Christmas...

Dealers don't have issues with air intakes when it comes to warrantee unless it can be proven that it was the direct cause of the warrantee issue.