PDA

View Full Version : 2010 ms3 - eibach prokit - vibration trouble after installation

mspeed3
06-30-2011, 07:21 PM
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this:

During acceleration I have a slight vibration in pedals and steering wheel. It's worse when coming out of a sharp turn. It seems to be only at low rpm but open throttle (high torque). It was noticeable right after installation of the springs.

I've read that it could be my drive shaft, but the car only has 30k and it was fine before it was lowered.

Any help is appreciated guys!

Cheers

Unoriginalusername
06-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Maybe you lost a wheel weight when the tires were removed as part of the installation... i would start with a rebalance

mspeed3
06-30-2011, 08:18 PM
I thought that as well.. The weights appear to still be there.. However that might be a good idear

Flagrum_3
07-01-2011, 05:14 AM
I thought that as well.. The weights appear to still be there.. However that might be a good idear

I don't believe a lost wheel weight would be noticeable or cause the symptoms you described, lost weights will cause a vibration at high speeds only, in almost all cases!...I would suspect most likely; a problem in the installation of your springs or possibly a coincidental motor mount failure just as two examples.

_3

mspeed3
07-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the response. What could be wrong with the installation? It's fairly straight forward and I have had them look over it a second time without any findings.

I don't believe a lost wheel weight would be noticeable or cause the symptoms you described, lost weights will cause a vibration at high speeds only, in almost all cases!...I would suspect most likely; a problem in the installation of your springs or possibly a coincidental motor mount failure just as two examples.

_3

Flagrum_3
07-12-2011, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the response. What could be wrong with the installation? It's fairly straight forward and I have had them look over it a second time without any findings.

Sorry for the late reply! There are several things that could be done wrong during an installation; springs were not seated properly, bolts left loose, bolts not tightened or torqued properly to name a few.The fact that the noise(s) started to occur right after the installation and not before, points pretty strongly to a bad install, but as I mentioned before it could be a total coincidental failure of something else, as unlikely as it may seem, it's not impossible.

Oh and if your driveshaft i.e CV-joints are gone you would notice a clicking sound while turning the wheels while launching from a dead stop.

_3

Charlie S
07-22-2011, 10:44 AM
A few years ago when I had the 2003 Protege, I went to a shop to lower the car.

The next day I started to get the same symptoms. Took it to the Dealer for a check. They told me the shop never tightened the Stab Links. They were left kinda loose.

Check those out.