PDA

View Full Version : New rims on the way..When should I lower?

grex
07-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Just a quick question...Just ordered some rims and tires from simplytire. I wont be getting them on for a few weeks as I need to get some more cash together. I did however jump on nextmods sale earlier this week and got a set of pro kits.

Would it make a difference if I got them put on with the new tires or if I just went now and did it. I figure that it might be better to let them get nice and settled then get the new rims on and then do the alignment.

Any ideas? I forgot to ask the folks at simplytire if they would do everything all at once, So I guess that could be an option...

Aitch
07-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Not sure that Simply Tire does spring installs. There is no downside to installing the springs now - you should do an alignment following that installation but you don't have to get one when you put new wheels on.

If cash is tight but you can buy the springs, you could put off the installation for a bit until you have the funds for it.

mazdathree3
07-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Personally I installed my springs first then waited a few weeks and got an alignment done (didn't even really need an alignment as everything was in spec). Following this, I put on my wheels.