PDA

View Full Version : Weird snapping noise on take off?

carbon3
07-11-2011, 08:30 PM
My car makes a knock/snap sorta noise upon take off and reverse. Only once or twice, then maybe one more time in second. Its not a very loud, but it defenitly sounds to be coming from the front passenger of the car, behind the tire.
Any ideas what it could be ?

carbon3
07-11-2011, 08:32 PM
It sounds like a metal on metal noise, TICK.... TICK upon take off, Ill try to post a video.

abstrakt
07-17-2011, 01:25 PM
mazda has a TSB on that actually i will look it up once i get back to work i am on lunch just now :D

peterm15
07-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Id suggest you look at control arm bushings, my car did the same thing from the last few months from rear driverside and when i installed shocks yesterday i discovered a siezed "pin".
The pin goes through the bushing and the bolt through the pin.

alhope34
07-23-2011, 06:40 AM
I had the same problem back around 45,000-50,000 kms. Mazda changed my whole drive axle but yet the sound was still there. I took it back in and the dealership contacted Mazda tech line about it. They said it was a "normal" sound even though not all MS3's make it and that I have to live with it. I'm at 131,000 km now and no further problems. The sound is still there but it has not gotten worse.

carbon3
07-26-2011, 08:20 PM
I actually brought the car to the dealership last week, turns out I just needed some grease on my caliper pins, it got rid of the noise completly.

alhope34
07-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Ah. Glad you got it fixed. That wasn't the problem for me, though. I know sometimes brake pads can move around inside of the calipers a bit (depending on the design. My dad's '00 and '02 Saturns did that) and make a slight clicking when moving between forward and reverse.

CelestSpeed3
07-29-2011, 11:44 AM
My car made the same noise. It turned out to be the driverside engine mount. When I removed the original mount it looked fine and no issues, I decided to change it just for the sake of it, and the problem went away. Also it would only make the noise with the cp-e rmm installed.

As of last night I have all 3 75D CP-E mounts installed on the car. If anyone wants to see how it feels send me a PM. I'm very happy with them so far.

rzapata
07-29-2011, 12:11 PM
to OP: Sorry to thread jack... :)

My car made the same noise. It turned out to be the driverside engine mount. When I removed the original mount it looked fine and no issues, I decided to change it just for the sake of it, and the problem went away. Also it would only make the noise with the cp-e rmm installed.

As of last night I have all 3 75D CP-E mounts installed on the car. If anyone wants to see how it feels send me a PM. I'm very happy with them so far.

So, how is the 75 duro on all 3 mounts (I assume passenger, driver and rear)?? Vibrations liveable or too rough? I was thinking of doing the same thing.

CelestSpeed3
07-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Well, my Mazda6 had all 3 mounts at 95D and I thought those were fine. These are far quieter than the 6. If you want we can meet up and you can see them for yourself. The vibes are there, they are noticeable, but they are not annoying to me.