PDA

View Full Version : CHILD LOCKS

PEPSIGIXXER
08-15-2011, 10:19 AM
okay so I have a 2010 MZ3 GT and for some reason the rear doors with the child locks will not unlock, so I am continuosly have to open the doors in the back for my rear passengers. Any one have any solutions or ideas why they would have stop unlocking or a quick fix before I have to go to the dealership to have fixed.:bang:bang:bang:bang

Mr Wilson
08-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Isn't there just a switch on the rear door by the actual door lock mechanism?

Somewhat like this,

http://catjuggling.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/civic_lock.jpg

Edit: On my 2011 they are right by the door-mech.

XTOTHEL
08-15-2011, 11:58 AM
They don't unlock from the inside because child lock is on. Exactly as Mr Wilson mentioned above, check the door around the locking mechanism and turn child lock off (switch nub to off position)

PEPSIGIXXER
08-15-2011, 12:59 PM
locks are in the off position but doors will not open when unlocked from the inside rear passenger seats. Im new but not that new guys.

chan7
08-15-2011, 02:28 PM
locks are in the off position but doors will not open when unlocked from the inside rear passenger seats. Im new but not that new guys.

I've had this happen to me before when Audioheaven accidently kick the child proof switch while installing my tints. You will need to open the door panel and correct the switch back to the on/off position so it matches the door mechanism. I'm not sure how to remove the door panel or what the inside switch looks like. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Jeff-TheBiz
08-15-2011, 03:48 PM

Have you tried pulling on the handle? perhaps jiggling it??

just kidding... just bring it to the dealer, it is under warranty anyhow.

Hoodzy
08-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Show the tech that the child lock is OFF then put them in the back seat.

Hyperion
08-16-2011, 01:16 PM
I've had this happen to me before when Audioheaven accidently kick the child proof switch while installing my tints. You will need to open the door panel and correct the switch back to the on/off position so it matches the door mechanism. I'm not sure how to remove the door panel or what the inside switch looks like. Sorry I could not be of more help.

If it's under warrenty, have them do it.
If not, to remove the door panel you will need 2 screw drivers, a philips + and flat -. The flat is just used to remove the door handle trim so that you can access the screw holding on the door.
Just slide it inbetween, and pull. It will come easily.
After than use you philips to unscrew the screw and then move the the little plate inside the door handle area, pull that little inside plate off and remove that screw also.
Then starting at the end closer to the middle of the car pull the panel away from the door, it will pop of pretty easily.
there, your door panel is off, now remove any wires that are connected to the door (Power windows, locks, and 2 pullys (or maybe just 1 in the back).
If you need to remove the metal plate inside (which I haven't), I believe it is just a bunch of Philips screws holding it on, CAREFUL YOUR WINDOW DOESN'T FALL OUT IF YOU REMOVE IT.
At that point, either you're comfortable taking apart your car, and will continue, or you should just let someone else do it. The previous steps should take all of 5 minutes tho.
Hope it helps a little bit.

PEPSIGIXXER
08-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks guys, its under warrenty gonna take it to the stealership and let them fix it.

Default User
08-16-2011, 03:11 PM

when sitting inside - you have to "push" the door to open it. Not pull

LOL - just kidding

PEPSIGIXXER
08-17-2011, 08:18 AM
God love the jokes....... LOL