PDA

View Full Version : Back Story on TorontoMazda3.ca?

SonicBoy
08-31-2011, 03:49 PM
So... Looking back at my join date I came on here in 2006. That seems much further back than I thought. It got me thinking back to how did I find this site and really how much it's become a regular thing for me to log in here and participate.

I've looked throught the site and the TM3 times and I don't think I ever found what was the back story to the creation of TM3. I know Meth was a moderartor way back and when I think of TM3, AMI always comes to mind. I've always thought of Jeff when purchasing a Mazda and Joe has always been there for me for my parts needs.

So... how did this site get created?
Who came up with the idea and actually did the steps to create the site and register a domain.(I remember the .com to .ca fun)

Just some of the questions that came to mind when thinking back on how much I come up here to spend my time. Is there a link somewhere up here that i did not see?

Kappa
08-31-2011, 04:27 PM
i dont really know... but if i remember hearing this Ami created the .ca when the old .com site started to die and people switched over to .ca and then later on the .com was givin to Ami? but what do i know i dont even live there haha

sicsol
08-31-2011, 04:47 PM
Fun times indeed.. I remember spending an entire year trying to attend as many meets possible, I've never wash my car that much in my lifetime as I did that summer.. Lets not forget Broli, If I remember he had the highest points over anyone on the board.

MajesticBlueNTO
08-31-2011, 06:45 PM
This is the first post ever on torontomazda3.com (http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?7271-The-First-Topic&p=7501) started by user TM3 (who ironically owned a Mazda6) and run with the help of Xenon for a while.

TM3, the admin, became somewhat absent and the site needed direction. In a coup of sorts, some members of torontomazda3.com decided to create torontomazda3.ca and have users gravitate over to .ca.

While this was going on, discussions between the New World Order :chuckle and the original owner Robin(?)/TM3 took place to gracefully handover the torontomazda3.com url and database to those that run torontomazda.ca. When that deal was struck, the databases were merged and torontomazda3.com re-directed to torontomazda3.ca

and the rest, as they say, is history

tmpz
08-31-2011, 07:29 PM
Snapshots of TM3 in time:
http://web.archive.org/web/20040322021311/http://torontomazda3.com/

SonicBoy
08-31-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks MajestiBlueNTO and tmpz.

That was really cool to see the very first post.

bluntman
08-31-2011, 09:50 PM
there i was...and here i still am, sort of

-RJ3-
08-31-2011, 09:56 PM
Same here one of the og's

Booter22
09-01-2011, 01:23 AM
This is really interesting to know

boyracer
09-01-2011, 06:22 AM
very cool

rzapata
09-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Wow, can't believe it's been 7 years and the forum is still going strong.. :) I was reading that "first post" posted by MBNTO, I can't believe that HIDs were around that price during that time.. It's just incredible how technology becomes inexpensive in just a fair bit of time....

m3rk
09-02-2011, 12:52 AM
Cool story and glad to be apart of a strong, growing community

midnightfxgt
09-02-2011, 09:20 AM
OG here, and not leaving anytime soon!

I remember all the work people put in trying to get Robin to turn over the site :)

SonicBoy
09-02-2011, 12:15 PM
What's the story there?

Did Robin not want to turn it over?

S.F.W.
09-02-2011, 12:20 PM
What's the story there?

Did Robin not want to turn it over?

I approached him on multiple occasions to take over. He resisted even though he was not an active owner. Finally I started the .ca site. Site was not even complete, and the .com got hacked(was happening weekly), and was down for an extended period of time. The migration then began, and Robin then transferred the .com to me.

Jeff-TheBiz
09-02-2011, 12:56 PM
I approached him on multiple occasions to take over. He resisted even though he was not an active owner. Finally I started the .ca site. Site was not even complete, and the .com got hacked(was happening weekly), and was down for an extended period of time. The migration then began, and Robin then transferred the .com to me.

Funny how you say migration like it took 20 mins... That was a brutal week..

Remember the interm site?

FLIPDADY
09-03-2011, 10:09 AM
OG here even when I didn't work for Mazda.:)

Jackal
09-04-2011, 08:56 AM
This reminds me of The Social Network facebook movie on a slightly smaller scale. :chuckle TM3 the movie - coming to a theatre near you!!