PDA

View Full Version : Work was done without authorization

Concerned
10-05-2011, 05:14 PM
And has told me that the work is done and there is nothing I can do....

I dropped the car off on Monday to have them investigate rust on the fender. I bought the rust proofing from the dealership and have taken it in as required. I have not taken my car anywhere else to be serviced.

The service person Dale has siad it rusted because I did not bring it in as required. I have told that this is not true but she keeps saying it.

Today, I called the dealership to find out what is going on. I was told that there is rust on the fender and they have cut the fender and removed that rusted piece and are going to weld a new piece on.

I responded that I did not authorize anything other than for them to investigate and then let me know. That is when Dale said that it was too late and there was nothing that they can do. I don't even know if they are covering this under warranty or are going to try and bill me.

I have called and sent emails requesting exactly a summary of what they found and what they have done. So far nothing from anyone. I have sent Rave Menon an email but nothing.

I know under the CPA that the dealership by law had to provide an estimate detailing all work to be done with prices for labour/material etc and to date I have recieved nothing from Erinmills Mazda other than the work is done and its too late.

DualSoul
10-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Remember signing anything prior to leaving dealership after dropping off the vehicle? If not, I'd say you have a good case.

Pyro
10-05-2011, 05:21 PM
It'll probably be under warranty otherwise pick up your car and leave, how can they charge you if you didn't sign anything lol. Free work

Sent from my Liquid using Tapatalk

cwp_sedan
10-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Have you gone to the dealership to actually talk to someone in person and see your car?

MPS
10-05-2011, 05:22 PM
im sure its getting done under warranty don't panic

mounir
10-05-2011, 05:23 PM
It'll probably be under warranty otherwise pick up your car and leave, how can they charge you if you didn't sign anything lol. Free work

Sent from my Liquid using Tapatalk

LOL that's exactly what I would do.

cwp_sedan
10-05-2011, 05:23 PM
im sure its getting done under warranty don't panic

+1. If you haven't even been to the dealership since you dropped your car off, you haven't taken any serious measures to find out what is actually going on. Do that, and then come back and report your findings.

Concerned
10-05-2011, 05:28 PM
No form was signed to do any work because when I dropped it off the only thing discussed was they were going to take a look and it will take 3-5 days. Not once has anyone called to say yes there is rust where we rust proofed, yes its covered under warranty, and this is what we recomend to fix it.

Monday, drop off to have them take a look.
Wednesday, the work is done already and its too late. It may be ready later today or tomorrow.

cwp_sedan
10-05-2011, 05:31 PM
lol and you are still sitting on it and waiting? Odd. I would have been in there already dealing with this rather than complaining to us. It would be great if we can help your situation, but we can't.

just sayin'...

Concerned
10-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Yes I have, I dropped it off under the understanding that they would investigate and call me to let me know what they found and we could go from there. Nowhere did I say just take the car and do whatever you like and don't call me.

It is not the customers responsibility to call the dealership every hour to chase them down. It is the dealerships accountability to contact the customer and tell them what they found so the customer can make an educated decision based on what they found.

Also, I have called and sent emails requesting that they tell me exactly what they have done. They still have not sent me anything to date telling me what was wrong and what they have done. But they apparently have been doing it for 3 days.

Concerned
10-05-2011, 05:37 PM
I have called Dale and I have called the general manager. I have sent emails to both of them and neither have responded. Sorry, Dale did and she said it was too late and nothing can be done.

It is not at fault for them going ahead with work without my authorization.

cwp_sedan
10-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Yes I have, I dropped it off under the understanding that they would investigate and call me to let me know what they found and we could go from there. Nowhere did I say just take the car and do whatever you like and don't call me.

It is not the customers responsibility to call the dealership every hour to chase them down. It is the dealerships accountability to contact the customer and tell them what they found so the customer can make an educated decision based on what they found.

Also, I have called and sent emails requesting that they tell me exactly what they have done. They still have not sent me anything to date telling me what was wrong and what they have done. But they apparently have been doing it for 3 days.

I do feel for you, but like I said, why haven't you actually visited the dealership again? Would you drop a child off at a daycare, find out that something was wrong with the child and just send an email or make a call and complain? I sure as heck wouldn't. I would get my ass down there and give someone crap.

Hopefully it's all warranty work and it's all covered. Seemed to be a little fast though to be deemed warranty work. A verbal agreement is technically an agreement. Will it hold up in court? probably not. Should they have started ANY work without your consent? Definitely not.

BTW - emails and phone calls won't get you anywhere. Make the trip and take care of the issue.

Jaysan
10-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Like others have said, have you inquired yet if this is done under warranty?
Maybe you need to drop by the dealership and speak to them in person if the phone and email isnt working out.
Get off your bum and visit the dealership! :)

Concerned
10-05-2011, 05:47 PM
I dropped the car off Monday. Its Wednesday. They said 3-5 days to investigate. 3 days puts me at today. If they are busy and it will take a day or 2 before they look at I have no issues.

I do have an issue with them proceeding with work without telling what work.

Just because I waited for the dealership to do what they said they would do doesn't reflect badly on me at all.

Jackal
10-05-2011, 05:58 PM
I dropped the car off Monday. Its Wednesday. They said 3-5 days to investigate. 3 days puts me at today. If they are busy and it will take a day or 2 before they look at I have no issues.

I do have an issue with them proceeding with work without telling what work.

Just because I waited for the dealership to do what they said they would do doesn't reflect badly on me at all.

3-5 days seems like a long time just to investigate. Maybe there was some miscommunication somewhere. Was it 3-5 days to do the rust repair? Did you ask if it's still under warranty? Anyways you should find out exactly what you signed on for by calling or visiting the dealership.

Concerned
10-05-2011, 06:05 PM
3-5 days seems like a long time just to investigate. Maybe there was some miscommunication somewhere. Was it 3-5 days to do the rust repair? Did you ask if it's still under warranty? Anyways you should find out exactly what you signed on for by calling or visiting the dealership.

3-5 days to investigate. No discussions about any repair were discussed because no one has told me what work was required.

As I said, I dropped it off for them to investgate and then let me know what needs to be done.

I would never drop a car off and basicly give them a blank cheque and say bill me for whatever you think you need to do.

Just because I trusted the dealership to do what we agreed to (investigate) doesn't make me a bad person. That is the feeling I am getting from most of you.

thanu31
10-05-2011, 06:11 PM
3-5 days to investigate. No discussions about any repair were discussed because no one has told me what work was required.

As I said, I dropped it off for them to investgate and then let me know what needs to be done.

I would never drop a car off and basicly give them a blank cheque and say bill me for whatever you think you need to do.

Just because I trusted the dealership to do what we agreed to (investigate) doesn't make me a bad person. That is the feeling I am getting from most of you.

people are wondering why you haven't gone to personally talk to them and personally look at the car, if you are this concerned about what is going on with your car.
Yes the work shouldn't have been done without authorization, we understand that, but it doesnt seem like you are doing anything about it other then complaining here, and emailing Dale.

Hoodzy
10-05-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm confused.. they said your car has been repaired? Why don't you go get it?

n00bMeiSter
10-05-2011, 06:25 PM

For starters it should not take 3-5 days to see that there is rust on the car and that it needs to be fixed. They already know what needs to be done to fix rust. Rust repair takes 3-5 days (or more depending on how much rust there is)

You need to stop whatever you are doing, and GO to the dealership. MAKE them talk to you and don't leave until they tell you what the heck is going on. If they won't tell you what is going on, tell them you are going to post about it on the Toronto Mazda 3 boards, and contact the Better Business Bureau as well as the ontario car dealers association, and anyone else, which may include a lawyer.
I'm pretty sure upon hearing that they will drop everything and come talk to you. But if they don't, they'll probably try calling you later with an offer of free service for a year in return for you not saying anything.
And if they don't talk to you, start contacting the appropriate governing bodies (Mazda Canada, BBB, etc).

We're not calling you a bad person so stop saying that.

vinnierap
10-05-2011, 06:26 PM
its like talking to a wall!!!!!!!! :bang

Default User
10-05-2011, 06:36 PM
n00b, why you so mean?

n00bMeiSter
10-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Mean? How am I mean?

5_Alive
10-06-2011, 08:36 AM
You need to visit the dealership. Nothing usually gets done on the phone. If you did not sign anything other than the work order stating yes I agree to have my vehicle inspected, you are fine.
If you signed that you want repairs, then you must pay for repairs unless you can manage to provide proof that you had the vehicle inspected yearly since having it rust proofed.

Its odd to hear that Erin Mills is giving you a hard time. My brother-in-law takes his 3 there all the time and says he has never been wronged once or had any issues/bad experiences.

If you would like help with anything else, post up or PM.

mazdabetty
10-06-2011, 08:53 AM
I dropped the car off Monday. Its Wednesday. They said 3-5 days to investigate.

3-5 days to take 10 minutes to look at some rust???? ummmmmmm...... yeahhhh.... that's not right. There must have been a miscommunication somewhere. I've brought my car in for rust, had pictures and inspection done in 10 minutes and had an appointment made to drop it off within a few days. That definitely doesn't sound right. Should all be under warranty though. Stay calm. lol, like someone else said. Free work, don't sweat it.

Mean? How am I mean?
You jus kind of an ass lately. Man PMS maybe... it's ok. :chuckle jk

(watch him get all mad now)

bluemazda3
10-06-2011, 11:32 AM
:bang like everyone said.... GOTO DEALERSHIP

mazda_gurl
10-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Mean? How am I mean?

Im not sure what was mean either in that post. He clearly wasnt catching on to the 15 posts above yours - it seems as though you were simply reiterating what others said. Only with a bolded font :P

To the OP. Im not even sure why you would leave a car at a stealership for 3-5 days for them to "Investigate". Thats what I would expect my work to be done in. Otherwise, pencil me in for an appointment, look and diagnose. Then Ill bring back for the work

And as the others have said - give up on email/calling them - go to the dealer in person.

I suspect this is going to be covered under your warranty. In fact, after seeing your tunnel vision in this thread, I am wondering if they already indicated this to you when you dropped the car off?

Pyro
10-06-2011, 01:42 PM
wow this thread didn't go anywhere. yes they shouldn't have gone ahead to do the work. yeah 3-5 days to investigate is kind of strange. but really ...

1) free rust repair workwork
2) unauthorized work, if you are still unhappy with what happened get compensation from GM of dealer or from Mazda Canada
3) if work done was poor, #2 becomes a lot stronger on top of that
4) if they try to force you to pay, call the police lol they stole your car (nothing was signed)

if 2 fails, you still have 1
take your camera to the dealer. inspect the car thoroughly and take pictures of the car. yeah dealer was in the wrong. But I think alot of members here would happily take warranty work to have rust repaired.

Hoodzy
10-06-2011, 10:21 PM
I think we got TROLLLLLEEDDD