PDA

View Full Version : CPE TMIC without Shroud?

gar_lei
11-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Hello

I just got a CPE TMIC, but i couldn't fit the shroud on it since it was intended for first gen. But other then that, everything was bolt-on. I wanna know if anyone had installed one without shroud on a Gen 2 and if there was any problem beside the rubber resting on the fins.

Thanks in advance!

CelestSpeed3
11-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Macguyver and I both are running the CPE top mount without shrouds. Nothing has happened to or fins or the factory rubber. It does rub a bit at the top but we have over 30,000km combined with this setup and no issues so far. I'm consistantly seeing BAT +10C above IAT under boost.

gar_lei
11-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the reply!
are you running any specific maping?
I'm using AP Stage 1+SRI+TIP and I have a HPFP internals installed.
I heard I might run lean if I don't get it tuned is that right?

Sorry, I'm new to turbo I dun quite understand "BAT +10C above IAT under boost". Is that good or bad?

loki
11-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the reply!
are you running any specific maping?
I'm using AP Stage 1+SRI+TIP and I have a HPFP internals installed.
I heard I might run lean if I don't get it tuned is that right?

Sorry, I'm new to turbo I dun quite understand "BAT +10C above IAT under boost". Is that good or bad?

that's good. It means the Boost Air Temperature (after the air is compressed) is only 10 degrees hotter than when it gets drawn in at the intake.

is it too hard to type don't instead of dun? sorry....that specific swap bugs me.

gar_lei
11-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Oh icic
That's really good.
Thanks a lot
I'll try to install it soon and I'll try to write don't instead of dun~

gar_lei
11-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Btw, CPE and Cobb both says that if I run the TMIC without a tune I'll run LEAN. Is that correct? Would it b dangerous?

loki
11-20-2011, 11:05 AM
I don't see how the car wil run lean since the ECU has AFR targets, so for closed lopp driving if you get more air flow, it'll dump more fuel to keep the AFR the same.

For WOT unless your MAF isn't calibrated properly same thing applies except the ECU isn't using feedback from the O2 sensors to adjust if necessary, so unless you monitor the AFR and compare to targeted AFR you won't know really.

Do you have a Cobb AP?

gar_lei
11-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Icic
That kinda make sense.
I have an AP but never tried to calibrate the MAF....