PDA

View Full Version : Sponsors

aris
12-03-2011, 12:10 AM
Sponsors should not be able delete posts that someone posts in their section.

zzz3
12-03-2011, 12:39 AM
Sponsors should not be able delete posts that someone posts in their section.

elaborate?

aris
12-03-2011, 12:50 AM
elaborate?

A sponsor over charged me shipping. So I posted a picture of the small envelop which they charged me $20 to ship....
Which only cost $8.34 to ship...they did offer me my money back but it should have never being deleted...

cwp_sedan
12-03-2011, 01:01 AM
A sponsor over charged me shipping. So I posted a picture of the small envelop which they charged me $20 to ship....
Which only cost $8.34 to ship...they did offer me my money back but it should have never being deleted...

Please link me to the post.

aris
12-03-2011, 01:11 AM
Please link me to the post.

I'm on my iPhone

It was Nextmod projector LEDs thread.

DumpInfo
12-03-2011, 01:11 AM
Wow, that's brutal man!

aris
12-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Wow, that's brutal man!

This is why sponsors shouldn't be able to delete posts... Why should they keep only the positive and not the negative. My post would actually help other members.

DumpInfo
12-03-2011, 01:18 AM
This is why sponsors shouldn't be able to delete posts... Why should they keep only the positive and not the negative. My post would actually help other members.

100% agree with you. That's totally messed up not sure how something like this would slide...

cwp_sedan
12-03-2011, 01:41 AM
Have you dealt with it via PM? If you have and have come to an agreement, then I don't see a problem. If you haven't then I feel that the posts should be restored.

DumpInfo
12-03-2011, 01:46 AM
Let's say it got resolved I still think it shouldn't be erased but rather updated on the existing thread. Let's not sugar coat it...but be honest.

cwp_sedan
12-03-2011, 01:47 AM
Let's say it got resolved I still think it shouldn't be erased but rather updated on the existing thread. Let's not sugar coat it...but be honest.

That's fine also. Until I talk to Aris, I'm leaving it be. I do agree though that they shouldn't have been deleted.

aris
12-03-2011, 06:56 AM
Have you dealt with it via PM? If you have and have come to an agreement, then I don't see a problem. If you haven't then I feel that the posts should be restored.

Like I said in post #3 he did offer my money back.

I don't think a sponsor should be able delete things like that. My post never bashed their bussiness but it will give the next guy who wants to buy something from them to keep an eye on his shipping charges.

terapr0
12-03-2011, 09:24 AM
meh a lot of things shouldnt get deleted. I once had 2 of my posts deleted for simply asking a seller to confirm or deny if the MS3 they were selling had been tracked. life aint fair, especially on the internet(s)

cwp_sedan
12-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Here is the thing. Nextmod gave you a price for shipping. It was exactly what they said it was.

Was it more than it should have been? Yes.

Ultimately, are they required to ship it at the exact cost that Canada Post charges? No.

Do I think it's right that they charged you more? Absolutely not.

I would have been extremely frustrated if it were me.

Regarding posts being deleted, we give sponsors some control so they are able to organize their own section. Does this power get abused sometimes? Unfortunately it does. This is why you need to let the moderating team know anytime this happens. We will look into the situation and access what needs to be restored or adjusted accordingly.

PCLoadLetter
12-04-2011, 10:01 PM
While on the topic of sponsors, is it possible to allow a sponsor to sticky a thread in their forum section?

I'd rather do it myself than bug the mods all the time :chuckle

S.F.W.
12-05-2011, 01:30 AM
While on the topic of sponsors, is it possible to allow a sponsor to sticky a thread in their forum section?

I'd rather do it myself than bug the mods all the time :chuckle

unfortunately not. Only global forum moderators/admins can do this. Section moderators can not.