PDA

View Full Version : Seperate section FS Wheels/Tires in the Classifieds

SonicBoy
12-17-2011, 09:36 PM
In the Classifieds, how about a section just for wheels and tires as this appears to be the most common item posted.

It would make it easier for those looking for Winter tires and those in the spring looking for summers.

Right now, you have to weed through a bunch of posts with car parts just to find what you are looking for.

Would be easy to just create the new section and posts moving forward for wheels/tires would be posted here.

Anyone else think this would be a good idea? :winner

Default User
12-17-2011, 10:03 PM
+1

ronphan
12-17-2011, 10:35 PM
loving the idea

gallipd001
12-17-2011, 10:58 PM
definitely would make the classifieds easier to navigate!

izoom
12-17-2011, 11:47 PM
:thumbsup

kjmckenz
12-18-2011, 02:34 AM
:like

DumpInfo
12-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Yup, vortex has it and it's convenient for buyer/sellers. Good idea :thumbsup

S.F.W.
12-18-2011, 11:02 AM
ok, will be setup in the next few days.

SonicBoy
12-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Thanks Ami:bana2

Default User
12-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Yup, vortex has it and it's convenient for buyer/sellers. Good idea :thumbsup

Yup. Love the way the Po'tex has the classifieds set up

The Wolf
12-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Can't you just use the toolbar to search the classifieds using keywords like "wheels" or "tires"?
I suppose a separate section is more convenient, and if the suggestion has already been approved it's kind of a moot point, but I never saw an issue with the way it always has been.

What happens for member selling multiple items (part-outs, etc)?

cwp_sedan
12-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Can't you just use the toolbar to search the classifieds using keywords like "wheels" or "tires"?
I suppose a separate section is more convenient, and if the suggestion has already been approved it's kind of a moot point, but I never saw an issue with the way it always has been.

What happens for member selling multiple items (part-outs, etc)?

+1.

I don't think we need to separate the sections. Use to learn the search option and you shouldn't have the problem. Navigating the classifieds are not that difficult.

If we need to separate the wheels, then maybe we should make a section for lighting, body enhancements, etc.... :S

SonicBoy
12-18-2011, 03:22 PM
If there is an ad that has wheels/tires and whatever and the poster wants it in the wheels section then great post it there.

I was always taught to sort it out in the first place rather than just through it in a pile and search through it.

Given that every spring and fall we have a lot of wheels/tires posted, I thought it would make sense to have the seperate section.

If the mods feel this would cause a lot of additional overhead to sort misplaced ads then turf the idea.

I do know how to search and have used the fuction prior not getting the most results. At least with the new category the search could be refined within the new wheels/tire category.

cwp_sedan
12-18-2011, 03:28 PM
It will become a lot more work because people do not even know where to put most threads now lol. So I can only imagine how it would be with the classifieds as well.

I think people need to learn how to better name their threads. That would remove 90% of the guess work.

SonicBoy
12-18-2011, 04:47 PM
I agree with you and use appropriate tags.

DumpInfo
12-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Have a emoticon saying "wrong section" and lock it up. They'll figure it out hopefully :rolleyes