PDA

View Full Version : Mazda 3 2010 Gt . almost 100 000 Km review

Ps3alltheway
01-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Alright , right now i'm at 97 K on my 2010 M3GT 6 Speeds , and I think it is a good time to review the car .

I've had it for 2 years and a half now and I did a lot of highway , It is a fun car to drive , the sound system is awesome , the ''nervous'' steering feeling is a something I absolutely love about the Mazda 3 , I have the 2.5 and I find it has decent torque ,most of the time I don't need to downshift to pass someone . It is a fun car to drive , it is good looking and the clutch is pretty easy .
The car is still solid going , my brakes are still 50 % good , I have no signs of Rust (had it rust proofed the first year and last fall)

Reliability : Ok since i've owned the car I had a few problems , first off at around 60 000 k , I've started to notice a squeaking sound especially when i was shifting from first to second gear on cold temp ... after having to go at the dealership a few times I've got them to find out it was a Transmission Mount that was bad and replaced it under waranty .

I also found out the front lights where burning the lenses , got them replaced under warranty .
Now recently I've noticed that the squeaking sound has returned , it is probably another tranny mount that is failling , I'l have to go back at the dealer for that ..
Also , I don't know if it is happening to you guys , but it seems that in Cold temp , I'm having an issue with shifting from 1st to 2nd gear , its so freaking hard!
I am also earing a click click noise when depressing the clutch on the first shift , I am suspecting the throw out bearing .

So that is about it , so far I love the car , but I don't know if my next is going to be a Mazda , so far my ass is saved by my extend warranty , but seems like the 3 is no problem free , especially comparing to my gf's 2004 civic with 160 k that has had no problem at all yet .

stevenma188
01-23-2012, 06:33 PM
You drove 100,000k already? WOW!

boyracer
01-23-2012, 07:15 PM
DAMN!! That's a lot of driving

Elusivellama
01-23-2012, 09:42 PM
That's honestly very good for 2.5 years and 97,000km. The OEM tranny mounts are crap by design, replace them with aftermarket ones, or keep getting them replaced under warranty. The lenses get burned by the halogen DRLs... replace them with LED ones. Not sure about the other two problems, but are they happening when the car is cold only?

Hyperion
01-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Wow... I'm on a 2010 and I just hit 20k
A hard shift into second is pretty normal in the 3 standard cars I've driven when it's cold.

zzz3
01-23-2012, 10:16 PM
replace your mounts with aftermarket ones like cp-e
replace drl with led
you may also have windshield rattle (see tsb)
switch to syn. transmission oil like motul, redline etc.

Ps3alltheway
01-23-2012, 10:41 PM
I was thinking about switching to synthetic trans oil , what type oil would you recommend me to use ?

About the cold shifting : Well , let's say when it is cold outside and I start the car , I atleast let it run a few minutes , then I can put it in first gear without any problems , but when I try to shift in second gear , it is so hard to do that I feel I will Break something in the shifter , So instead I go from first gear to third gear . After a few minutes of driving It will get easier to go in second gear and as the car heats up it goes back to normal . I've talked with someone from the dealership on the phone and he told me that maybe I would need to have my tranny fluid changed ... but I know that is not the cause , I've had many manual cars before that and no problems at all , never , with a lot more milleage and NEVER had changed the transmission fluid on any of my cars , except the only automatic that i've owned !

stevenma188
01-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Motul or Redline MT90 are the popular ones. Also, there is an adjustment on the shifter cable themselves that might help with the shifting. Not sure how to do it on the genpus but on the 1st gens: http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?31554-MS3-Shifter-Adjusting&highlight=adjust+shifter

Kiyomi
01-24-2012, 02:00 AM
I like to hear about the problems with the 2010 down the road. nice review. Ive already fixed these problems ahead of time. :D

fully synthetic fluids for everything in the car. full replacement short shifter with 1 pound shift knob. rear engine mount
Hid bulbs and led lights.

that is alot of mileage for a 2010. :D

wildcard50
01-24-2012, 07:36 AM
Good going on the 100000 k, i have a 2010 and i am upto 57,000. only problem i had a
Was that dam pretensional pulley every body was complaining about,but it was fixed under warranty.
Of course i have the 2.0 litre.my car has been stellar. I am surprised that our cars had very few recalls compared to toyota and honda.

Ps3alltheway
02-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Experienced another weird problem today
Try to started the car , everything turned inside the car but it would not start , I noticed the ''anti-thief'' indicator flashing instead of just being ''ON'' and steady , took out my Mazda owner's manual and found out that there might be a problem with the system if it prevents me from starting the car ... NICEEEEE!

mrreid
06-23-2014, 11:52 AM
This may be an old thread but I am so glad I've finally come accross people with the same issues I've been having, specifically on the 2010 Mazda 3 GT. I've been having the shift squeek in the cold weather only until recently it's been doing it now even in warm weather. Should I be able to get the Transmission mounts replaced on visual inspection alone? Or will I have to reproduce the noise? Because it seems to have good days and bad days and I'm still working on finding some sort of cause / correlation.

greyseason
06-23-2014, 05:33 PM
This may be an old thread but I am so glad I've finally come accross people with the same issues I've been having, specifically on the 2010 Mazda 3 GT. I've been having the shift squeek in the cold weather only until recently it's been doing it now even in warm weather. Should I be able to get the Transmission mounts replaced on visual inspection alone? Or will I have to reproduce the noise? Because it seems to have good days and bad days and I'm still working on finding some sort of cause / correlation.

thank you