PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Pro kit.

js593
01-31-2012, 05:13 PM
Looking at getting this. Will stock struts survive on these? Vehicle is a 2011 GS sport 6 speed. Looking at getting a bit lower.

Kiyomi
01-31-2012, 05:17 PM
ur stock struts will survive for atleast 2 years. :D

Impressive
01-31-2012, 05:19 PM

What he said, give or take a bit on your driving style and how you care for your suspension.

js593
01-31-2012, 05:28 PM
Thanks boys. Gonna look at getting a kit including some Tokico Yellows then. Possibly summer time. Unfortunatly, im going to have to avoid at all costs, going to the dealer.

Kiyomi
01-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Thanks boys. Gonna look at getting a kit including some Tokico Yellows then. Possibly summer time. Unfortunatly, im going to have to avoid at all costs, going to the dealer.

its really not hard to avoid the dealer, especially with all the great sponsors and mechanics on this site. :D plus i heard some dealers are mod friendly if that concerns you.

js593
01-31-2012, 05:39 PM
its really not hard to avoid the dealer, especially with all the great sponsors and mechanics on this site. :D plus i heard some dealers are mod friendly if that concerns you.

I have 2 dealers in my city lol. I don't think i wanna make a trip to Ontario every time i wanna service the car ;) Im going to be getting Frontier Toyota to do all my work if neccessary.

aris
01-31-2012, 05:48 PM

How do you know it will last atleast 2 years?

Kiyomi
01-31-2012, 05:48 PM
How do you know it will last atleast 2 years?

because mine did, and i tracked them pretty damn hard with the pro kits on. :D

terapr0
01-31-2012, 05:57 PM
why would you need to avoid the dealer?
They cant do anything...its your car. Knowing it was lowered, they arent going to replace your blown shocks under warranty in 2years, but you wont get in trouble for lowering your ride.

You might not want to tell your insurance company about your mods, but thats a different story altogether...

aris
01-31-2012, 05:58 PM
because mine did, and i tracked them pretty damn hard with the pro kits on. :D

Mine has Beeing lowered for 2 years and gone 80,000km and still running stock struts/shocks...

Your shocks/struts will wear depending on the roads you drive on... If their smith roads it will last a long time... If your always driving on bumpy roads then it will wear quicker

js593
01-31-2012, 05:59 PM
why would you need to avoid the dealer?
They cant do anything...its your car. Knowing it was lowered, they arent going to replace your blown shocks under warranty in 2years, but you wont get in trouble for lowering your ride.

You might not want to tell your insurance company about your mods, but thats a different story altogether...

Public insurrance. They treat it like any other vehicle.
Basically, cops dont care as long as you repect the law. Since cops are tied in with insurrance here, its not an issue to register a modded car. Im in manitoba btw.

Kiyomi
01-31-2012, 06:01 PM
Mine has Beeing lowered for 2 years and gone 80,000km and still running stock struts/shocks...

Your shocks/struts will wear depending on the roads you drive on... If their smith roads it will last a long time... If your always driving on bumpy roads then it will wear quicker

i agree with you. why are u asking me how i know? i am totally confused as to why you are telling me how shocks wear?

aris
01-31-2012, 06:12 PM
i agree with you. why are u asking me how i know? i am totally confused as to why you are telling me how shocks wear?

Cause you told the OP his struts/shocks will last Atleast 2 years

js593
01-31-2012, 06:13 PM

It was directed to me :P lol

aris
01-31-2012, 06:18 PM
It was directed to me :P lol

:)

Kiyomi
01-31-2012, 06:19 PM
Cause you told the OP his struts/shocks will last Atleast 2 years

no point in arguing with you. they will last atleast 2 years minimum unless u drive 50k+ a year. i did not say that they couldnt last longer if u drive on regular streets.:rolleyes

aris
01-31-2012, 06:23 PM
no point in arguing with you. they will last atleast 2 years minimum unless u drive 50k+ a year. i did not say that they couldnt last longer if u drive on regular streets.:rolleyes

No one is arguing with you

Jackal
01-31-2012, 06:29 PM
So Aris, when are you changing to
konis?

aris
01-31-2012, 06:32 PM
So Aris, when are you changing to
konis?

Lol... When my struts/shocks wear out... I don't know if it would be koni's.... I'll have to do more research on them to see if their worth the money lol

loki
01-31-2012, 06:56 PM
Lol... When my struts/shocks wear out... I don't know if it would be koni's.... I'll have to do more research on them to see if their worth the money lol

come for a ride in my car and then decide if they're worth it or not.

lol

aris
01-31-2012, 07:01 PM
come for a ride in my car and then decide if they're worth it or not.

lol

Lol

tre_77
01-31-2012, 07:29 PM
Just got mine installed today! I dont know why some people say they didnt really notice a drop... Mine looks completely different! Tighter steering too!

I did the deal alphamotorsports and street performance are offering. Great experience!

Default User
01-31-2012, 07:41 PM
Just got mine installed today! I dont know why some people say they didnt really notice a drop... Mine looks completely different! Tighter steering too!

I did the deal alphamotorsports and street performance are offering. Great experience!

I noticed a drop
Didn't notice much handling improvements though (ProKits and stock dampers). The ride is too "OEM" for me. Waiting for dampers to go before switching upto konis

Takumi616
01-31-2012, 10:42 PM
I put on Pro-Kits and KYB GR-2 at the same time. Was planning Koni but went with KYB. I think the ride quality is fine with this setup, this will be my 2nd year with this setup.

Z00M-Z00M
03-21-2012, 12:54 AM
I am interested in putting the prokit on mine.... i wanted to do a full suspension but dont have the budget at the moment since i spent a lot on wheels and tires... but now hearing that they will last for 2 years im happier lol..

MZ3-Kiyomi_17 you have the same car as me (not sure if you have a 2010 or 11? cant remember) but how was the ride with them? bumpy? how low did it drop?

thanks

Kiyomi
03-21-2012, 01:01 AM
I am interested in putting the prokit on mine.... i wanted to do a full suspension but dont have the budget at the moment since i spent a lot on wheels and tires... but now hearing that they will last for 2 years im happier lol..

MZ3-Kiyomi_17 you have the same car as me (not sure if you have a 2010 or 11? cant remember) but how was the ride with them? bumpy? how low did it drop?

thanks

the drop is noticeable, but it wont get you low enough for that hellaflush look if thats what your looking for. about a one inch to-one inch and1/4 drop overall. but it does improve handling and fun driveability of the car.

as for the bumpiness, its a bit stiffer than stock, but its not uncomfortable. I am actually gonna sell my pro-kit in a week or two with my stock struts/shocks. Getting dropped on coils. A member already has dibs on the springs, but it might fall through. I would rather sell the proikit and stock shocks together.
fyi my car is 2010 :D

Z00M-Z00M
03-21-2012, 01:12 AM
the drop is noticeable, but it wont get you low enough for that hellaflush look if thats what your looking for. about a one inch to-one inch and1/4 drop overall. but it does improve handling and fun driveability of the car.

as for the bumpiness, its a bit stiffer than stock, but its not uncomfortable. I am actually gonna sell my pro-kit in a week or two with my stock struts/shocks. Getting dropped on coils. A member already has dibs on the springs, but it might fall through. I would rather sell the proikit and stock shocks together.
fyi my car is 2010 :D

A few people are telling me to not get just the prokit because it will kill my stock shocks? but on here i hear everyone going without replacing the shocks at all and they last.
As for the drop I dont want a big drop just enough so i think 1-1.25" would work for me since i will be driving that during winter as well.

I just want the pro-kit for now unless your stock shocks are super amazing :D.

I may call Jimmy @ SP and see what he charges for the kit + Installation.. I heard $330.

Thanks and 2010? why did i think it was 2011 ... my bad

Kiyomi
03-21-2012, 01:19 AM
A few people are telling me to not get just the prokit because it will kill my stock shocks? but on here i hear everyone going without replacing the shocks at all and they last.
As for the drop I dont want a big drop just enough so i think 1-1.25" would work for me since i will be driving that during winter as well.

I just want the pro-kit for now unless your stock shocks are super amazing :D.

I may call Jimmy @ SP and see what he charges for the kit + Installation.. I heard $330.

Thanks and 2010? why did i think it was 2011 ... my bad

hehe lolz!
u are correct. my shocks probably have one more year of life in them before they go. the springs have 20k. i heard that alphamotorsports has that deal going on with prokits and jimmy installation. sounds pretty good. imo, ur shocks will last for quite a long time, depending on road conditions, how hard you drive, and how far you drive per year.

Z00M-Z00M
03-21-2012, 01:30 AM
hehe lolz!
u are correct. my shocks probably have one more year of life in them before they go. the springs have 20k. i heard that alphamotorsports has that deal going on with prokits and jimmy installation. sounds pretty good. imo, ur shocks will last for quite a long time, depending on road conditions, how hard you drive, and how far you drive per year.

Yeah i hear you. I drive about 30-40k a year but i do watch for bumps and things .. not e beginner driver lol.
Ahhh thanks a lot man .. im going to sleep soooo good now with that in my mind haha.

Also im thinking of getting the Injen SRI... is it worth it?.. Charlie is selling it..

Kiyomi
03-21-2012, 01:33 AM
Yeah i hear you. I drive about 30-40k a year but i do watch for bumps and things .. not e beginner driver lol.
Ahhh thanks a lot man .. im going to sleep soooo good now with that in my mind haha.

Also im thinking of getting the Injen SRI... is it worth it?.. Charlie is selling it..

Imo, i like CS over other companies because they seem to put a decent amount of r&d before they sell the product. I do not have experience with the injen sri, but if its made for ur motor size and its a decent price, go for it. all you gotta do is clean the air filter if its dirty. its mainly about preference. they all do the same job.
link?

edit: now that i think about it, i have most of the parts for the takeda cold air intake if u want it, just lying in my garage. made for the 2.5l. all you would need is a new intake coupler with a hole for the 02. ill let the parts (2 tubes, mid coupler, used cs airfilter, rainshield cover) go for like $50

http://wwww.afepower.com/shop/details_new.php?partno=TA-4107P&print=true
the hp and tq gains are pretty bs for just an intake.

Z00M-Z00M
03-21-2012, 01:50 AM
Imo, i like CS over other companies because they seem to put a decent amount of r&d before they sell the product. I do not have experience with the injen sri, but if its made for ur motor size and its a decent price, go for it. all you gotta do is clean the air filter if its dirty. its mainly about preference. they all do the same job.
link?

edit: now that i think about it, i have most of the parts for the takeda cold air intake if u want it, just lying in my garage. made for the 2.5l. all you would need is a new intake coupler with a hole for the 02. ill let the parts (2 tubes, mid coupler, used cs airfilter, rainshield cover) go for like $50

http://wwww.afepower.com/shop/details_new.php?partno=TA-4107P&print=true
the hp and tq gains are pretty bs for just an intake.

Hmmmmm I would go for it but no clue where im going to get the new intake coupler? Princess auto? Canadian tire? Sorry im very new with mods and I dont even know how to install it which im sure is just plug and play lol... Help me install it lol.

As for the HP and TQ ahhaha i laugh at that every time i see it. They are really desperate on selling them!!

Z00M-Z00M
03-21-2012, 01:53 AM
here is his link

I have an 'Injen" Sri that I just removed from my 2010 2.5 Mazda 3.

I will be looking for a K&N complete with the Heatsheald.

It is in great condition except for a small nick on the filter which does not effect anything at all.

Once you install it you can notice the better response from the throttle right away.

asking $85.

http://a.imageshack.us/img850/6585/dscn3725u.jpg[/URL

Kiyomi
03-21-2012, 01:56 AM
Hmmmmm I would go for it but no clue where im going to get the new intake coupler? Princess auto? Canadian tire? Sorry im very new with mods and I dont even know how to install it which im sure is just plug and play lol... Help me install it lol.

As for the HP and TQ ahhaha i laugh at that every time i see it. They are really desperate on selling them!!

no doubt!, u could always ask nextmod to order one for you, i cant see it being that expensive. If you need help installing it, no problem, but i admit, putting the cold air intake on this car is a bit of a pain in the ass, unless you wanna take off the entire bumper, but its doable without doing that.

princess auto has the clamps you will need. getting the pieces u will need that are missing will cost you around 40-50$. u have the option of giving me 50$ or a case of beer. :D its all the same.

edit: now that i c the injen intake, it might just be worth it for you to get that since it is a good price, but also cause its really easy to install, take like 5 minutes max. if you need help putting it on, could just do it at the upcoming Masiv Monday meet.

Z00M-Z00M
03-21-2012, 02:01 AM
no doubt!, u could always ask nextmod to order one for you, i cant see it being that expensive. If you need help installing it, no problem, but i admit, putting the cold air intake on this car is a bit of a pain in the ass, unless you wanna take off the entire bumper, but its doable without doing that.

princess auto has the clamps you will need. getting the pieces u will need that are missing will cost you around 40-50$. u have the option of giving me 50$ or a case of beer. :D its all the same.

edit: now that i c the injen intake, it might just be worth it for you to get that since it is a good price, but also cause its really easy to install, take like 5 minutes max.

hahah sure no worries you want dinner and a movie as well? :D:D ... im down with that but if its going to be a pain in the ass then i feel bad its too much work.. i thought it would be just remove what i have now and attach the new one with the clamp and done?.. I guess i thought wrong.. and i know you are just helping out because it isnt that big of a deal to you but if your up for it.. let me know what parts i need to get ... pm the list and I will make the order haha... also does it sound good? will the dealership act gay when they see it?