PDA

View Full Version : Hated it

mido
02-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Owned an 07 mazda 3 , bought it used in 2008 with 50 k km's. Was the worst car ive ever owned .

From previous cars that ive owned, by far this is the worst / cheapest car to be made. The parts are cheap, the paint is cheap, the metal used it cheap. Almost as if its recycled metal or some form of crap that they use on their vehicles. Was in and out of the dealership constantly. From replacing belts 4 times because of squeaks, to motor mounts, to ac unit failing, to headlight moisture, to seized piston in the brake calipers the list goes on and on.

Ive sold it, glad its gone, and will never buy another nor will i recommend it to anyone else. The interior and exterior of the car are great, dont get me wrong there, but once u know what the thing is made of, its disgusting. Id say Mazda is comparable to Kia and Hyundai. For the money, def not worth it .

Hyperion
02-04-2012, 10:36 PM
I've actually found the interior alot nicer than many of the domestic cars you will find made now. And the ride comfortableness is higher than most of the competing cars out there.

Default User
02-04-2012, 10:37 PM
I guess that means that all the critics and all the test reviews and the other 5 million owners are wrong.

awagawa
02-04-2012, 10:41 PM
Owned an 07 mazda 3 , bought it used in 2008 with 50 k km's. Was the worst car ive ever owned .

From previous cars that ive owned, by far this is the worst / cheapest car to be made. The parts are cheap, the paint is cheap, the metal used it cheap. Almost as if its recycled metal or some form of crap that they use on their vehicles. Was in and out of the dealership constantly. From replacing belts 4 times because of squeaks, to motor mounts, to ac unit failing, to headlight moisture, to seized piston in the brake calipers the list goes on and on.

Ive sold it, glad its gone, and will never buy another nor will i recommend it to anyone else. The interior and exterior of the car are great, dont get me wrong there, but once u know what the thing is made of, its disgusting. Id say Mazda is comparable to Kia and Hyundai. For the money, def not worth it .

and also...:welcome smiley

thanu31
02-04-2012, 11:03 PM
sucks you got a lemon

Takumi616
02-04-2012, 11:05 PM
sucks you got a lemon

:agree

Impressive
02-04-2012, 11:20 PM

In a few years this may end up being quite a compliment with the ways those two automakers are currently trending.

peterm15
02-04-2012, 11:24 PM

Op isn't new. Member since 2009 and 250 posts.

mido
02-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Yea i posted in a Mazda forum, why else would there be a damn "Review" section, labeled with Hate it or Love it as a description?

Im glad you guys thought it was cute / a cool story, i also thought the same. And im defff glad you read this as a bed time story, very nice bed time story indeed.

Some day, when y'all get a real car, you'll understand my point. Bash and hate all ya want, haters gon hate.

mido
02-04-2012, 11:28 PM

looool, welcome yourself there buddy, been here longer than u have

aZuMi
02-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Yea i posted in a Mazda forum, why else would there be a damn "Review" section, labeled with Hate it or Love it as a description?

Im glad you guys thought it was cute / a cool story, i also thought the same. And im defff glad you read this as a bed time story, very nice bed time story indeed.

Some day, when y'all get a real car, you'll understand my point. Bash and hate all ya want, haters gon hate.

Yea, looks like you got a lemon. But it also seems like you're being the hater to everyone here. Don't have to get all "defensive" since you're the one who posted your opinion.

peterm15
02-04-2012, 11:59 PM

Give it a rest buddy. I probably OWN more cars then you have OWNED. And I'm probably a few years younger then you to.

mido
02-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Yea, looks like you got a lemon. But it also seems like you're being the hater to everyone here. Don't have to get all "defensive" since you're the one who posted your opinion.

I wasnt trying to hate, that wasnt the intention, i was merely posting my own thoughts on my previous mazda 3 that i owned. Just what this section of the forums is for. If im going to get hated on for giving out my opinion, then ill get defensive!

DumpInfo
02-05-2012, 12:30 AM
I'm going to have to agree with mido on this. He added his personal review on the vehicle and then some of you go all childish on his ass. Get over it. As for the issues you came across I had some of those problems but nothing too major aside from it's annoying rusting issues the vehicle had and the extreme poor mileage the car gave me. Other than that to any of my coworkers or immediate family I would never recommend anyone buying one because of it.

mido
02-05-2012, 12:34 AM
In all honesty, i think a lot of here on this forum know the reality of mazdas, but dont want to admit to the fact because they own one. Hence the reason you guys are all hating on my ass because i posted a review of the car.

McGuyver_3
02-05-2012, 01:13 AM
i don't agree with you mido. My 05 model was very forgiving and took alot of punishment for what i put the car through. I dont like the car for being FWD but not much you can do about that. Even my 10's have been and are alright with minor complaints here and there but nothing serious. All my cars are all daily drivers with next to no down time.
I also use my ebrake every day and have never had a caliper sieze on me but if you do some reading its not that uncommon on our cars. Even the older VW's had this problem which again was common.
Sometimes the owner can nit pick on any little thing and make themself beleive the car is "crap" just remember 1 thing... if you drive a 500,000$ car or a 20,000$ there will always problems and nothing is perfect
Rust was never an issue as i stayed on top of cleaning the car even in the winter and it was never rust proofed either
Fuel economy was amazing on my 05 on the 10s not so much but se lavi

aris
02-05-2012, 01:16 AM
My car has beeing reliable... I got 140,000 and never had a problem. But the paint is shit, the metal is shit, these cars rust like crazy (sister inlaws rust when it was 3 years old and krowned every year)... I'll never buy another Mazda again... I'm going to drive mine to the ground since its worth nothing anymore

I'm going to have to agree with mido on this. He added his personal review on the vehicle and then some of you go all childish on his ass. Get over it. As for the issues you came across I had some of those problems but nothing too major aside from it's annoying rusting issues the vehicle had and the extreme poor mileage the car gave me. Other than that to any of my coworkers or immediate family I would never recommend anyone buying one because of it.

+1

n00bMeiSter
02-05-2012, 01:19 AM
You were screwed on that purchase, they sold you a lemon. Sorry to hear.

But we all already knew that Mazda uses recycled metal, fewer paint coats and clear coats to keep costs down. And that these things rust like crazy.

Kiyomi
02-05-2012, 01:41 AM
sucks for you. :D but what did u honestly think was going to be the consensus on a mazda forum? that the car is crap. no. thats why i find your post funny. your trolling.
people like you will never get it. u think buying an expensive car is what its about. but in reality, any true car enthusiast would recognize someone who has spent and put their time, heart and soul into a car. Its not what you got, its what you make of what you got. I would take a nicely modded 350z over a lambo any day. true story.
so i guess well never see you on the forums again. :music

McGuyver_3
02-05-2012, 01:50 AM
sucks for you. :D but what did u honestly think was going to be the consensus on a mazda forum? that the car is crap. no. thats why i find your post funny. your trolling.
people like you will never get it. u think buying an expensive car is what its about. but in reality, any true car enthusiast would recognize someone who has spent and put their time, heart and soul into a car. Its not what you got, its what you make of what you got. I would take a nicely modded 350z over a lambo any day. true story.
so i guess well never see you on the forums again. :music

I agree with your post however I love lambos to much to give up that oppertunity :chuckle But I would drive my lambo all year round if I had one afterall it is AWD :D

zzz3
02-05-2012, 03:39 AM

I wasnt trying to hate, that wasnt the intention, i was merely posting my own thoughts on my previous mazda 3 that i owned. Just what this section of the forums is for. If im going to get hated on for giving out my opinion, then ill get defensive!

+1

if your going to reply to the op's opinion, at least formulate a sensible argument...

i agree with him on a few points:

-the paint/metal. mazda3s are down there with impreza's and early 90's hondas in terms of rust, perforation and durability
-the interior, while nice, is above average at best in regards to materials
-the build quality is good, but i wouldn't say great/excellent when you consider the above points along with minor nuisances like rattles and flimsy components

would i consider another mazda? maybe, a mazda3? probably not.

Cab0oze
02-05-2012, 07:54 AM
You were screwed on that purchase, they sold you a lemon. Sorry to hear.

But we all already knew that Mazda uses recycled metal, fewer paint coats and clear coats to keep costs down. And that these things rust like crazy.

And yet, it is still so much fun to drive and looks amazing...! (before it rusts lol) :D

boyracer
02-05-2012, 08:54 AM
And yet, it is still so much fun to drive and looks amazing...! (before it rusts lol) :D

They are fun to drive, that much is true

Aitch
02-05-2012, 09:25 AM
I liked my 2007 so much I bought a 2012. Sorry your car sucked, its definitely not the norm though.

Oh and you'll find that most of the people on this site have actually cross-shopped and compared with other cars, and found that Mazdas are the best combination of value, quality, features, and the most fun to drive. We're not just fan-boys, we bought our cars for a reason.

n00bMeiSter
02-05-2012, 09:43 AM

+100!

(After it rusts, you get better times at the track: Rust is lighter than carbon fiber)

standsideways
02-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Ya know...youd never hear of someone who works on there own car saying stuff like this.

Such a joke, my 06 has never ever given me any kind of problem and ive beaten the living snot out of it on the track with a turbo LOL.

Hell even my automatic tranny held up to 11psi track duty, and theres people that run 8psi and blow the auto..i say its just taking care of the car.

Take care of your car and maybe it wont give you problems.

If it isnt broke, make it better.

aris
02-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Ya know...youd never hear of someone who works on there own car saying stuff like this..

I do all my own work on my car and to be honest if i had the same problems as the OP i would say the same things as him...just cause your car was good and didn't give you problems doesn't mean that someone elses is perfect...by the sounds of the OP had a lemon and it left a sour taste in his mouth..which is understandable!

hamza7
02-05-2012, 10:35 AM
I understand what you are saying OP, and I respect your personal opinion. A lot of people will not go back to Kia/Hyundai because they bought a older one that they were very dissatisfied with, but with the new direction those companies are heading with they might just previous owners the spark to try it again. Same this with Mazda many things are changing and also will change, including ownership of the make. Give it another chance if you have too.

Mazdy
02-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Thats why im only gonna track my car when it statts rusting :D :chuckle

+100!

(After it rusts, you get better times at the track: Rust is lighter than carbon fiber)

Rob23
02-05-2012, 11:05 AM
i would never buy another mazda either. i replaced everything. including the engine, clutch, suspension.
but my dad has an 04 from new, only thing hes had to replace is an engine mount.
but just from my personal experience i wouldn't buy mazda again, terrible customer service.

jonjon72
02-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Responding to the OP, he and anyone else has any right to vent about their 3 if it has been an issue. We on the forum know full well, not everyone has had a positive experience with the 3 or its dealerships. Personally, I loved my 3 and it treated me well. Rust on thise model was very disappointing. With the exception of Joe & Jeff @ MOT and Karen when she as at Agincourt, my experience with Mazda has been poor. For him to bring up Kia and Hyundai, thats a joke. If he knew anything about the car market, he would know fact from fiction. BTW, Hyundai is number one is customer loyalty for 2011 beating out the likes of Toyota, Honda & BMW. Kia is ranked 5th. You don't get that from selling crappy cars.

Here is the US numbers for January to put things into better perspective.

Rank Automaker January 2012 %
Change
#1 Ford 131,173 + 8.3%
#2 Chevrolet 123,864 - 1.2%
#3 Toyota 108,371 + 8.7%
#4 Honda 74,628 + 9.3%
#5 Nissan 72,517 + 12.5%
#6 Hyundai 42,694 + 14.7%
#7 Kia 35,517 + 27.8%
#8 Jeep 31,710 + 37.4%
#9 Dodge 31,454 + 29.4%
#10 Volkswagen 27,209 + 47.9%
#11 GMC 24,966 - 9.7%
#12 Mazda 23,996 + 68.2%
#13 Subaru 22,807 + 20.9%
#14 Mercedes-Benz 21,230 + 22.9%
#15 Ram 18,470 + 41.9%
#16 BMW 16,405 + 3.1%
#17 Chrysler 17,604 + 81.4%
#18 Lexus 12,274 - 4.6%
#19 Buick 10,208 - 23.1%
#20 Audi 9354 + 19.7%
#21 Cadillac 8924 - 29.1%
#22 Acura 8381 + 5.3%
#23 Infiniti 6796 - 8.2%
#24 Lincoln 5121 - 7.9%
#25 Mitsubishi 4711 - 17.6%
#26 Volvo 4461 + 4.3%
#27 Scion 3535 + 7.9%
#28 Mini 3334 + 21.2%
#29 Land Rover 3205 + 41.1%
#30 Porsche 2550 + 6.3%
#31 Fiat 1911 -----
#32 Suzuki 1505 - 41.3%
#33 Jaguar 985 + 5.3%
#34 smart 496 + 38.5%
#35 Maserati 154 + 35.1%
#36 Bentley 118 + 43.9%
#37 Saab ----- - 100%

AS RomaMazda
02-05-2012, 01:32 PM

gay

aris
02-05-2012, 02:04 PM
gay

This has to be the dumbest response... What does "gay" have anything to do with what he wrote?

Mazdy
02-05-2012, 02:06 PM
+1

LOL hes a "smart" one..

This has to be the dumbest response... What does "gay" have anything to do with what he wrote?

Default User
02-05-2012, 02:08 PM
...just cause your car was good and didn't give you problems doesn't mean that someone elses is perfect...

True - but the same goes the other way. Just because he got a lemon, doesn't mean all Mazda 3's are bad. 5million units sold has to count for something, no?

- All cars rust
- recycled meta,l although better for the planet, is actually more expensive
- We all bought an entry level vehicle. You get what you pay for.

Dave_The_BMXER
02-05-2012, 05:11 PM
They are made of straight shit metal.

He is not wrong there.

Cab0oze
02-05-2012, 05:14 PM
+100!

lmao!

zzz3
02-05-2012, 11:52 PM
gay

im guessing you failed the comprehension part of eqao testing.
http://i.imgur.com/oanak.png

aris
02-06-2012, 12:19 AM
My coment was for standsideways... I don't see how doing your own work will make a difference on buying a lemon.

True - but the same goes the other way. Just because he got a lemon, doesn't mean all Mazda 3's are bad. 5million units sold has to count for something, no?

- All cars rust
- recycled meta,l although better for the planet, is actually more expensive
- We all bought an entry level vehicle. You get what you pay for.
As for your coment about buying a entry level vehicle...let's see I paid $25,000 with tax for my car.... To me that ain't no entry level car...

Kiyomi
02-06-2012, 12:27 AM
My coment was for standsideways... I don't see how doing your own work will make a difference on buying a lemon.

As for your coment about buying a entry level vehicle...let's see I paid $25,000 with tax for my car.... To me that ain't no entry level car...

you dont get the point. it doesnt matter that he had a lemon. of course a mazda 3 isnt a perfect car, but you work with what you got. he thinks that buying an expensive car is what its about. maybe u feel the same way. he even makes fun on Hyundai and kia...

"Im glad you guys thought it was cute / a cool story, i also thought the same. And im defff glad you read this as a bed time story, very nice bed time story indeed.
Some day, when y'all get a real car, you'll understand my point. Bash and hate all ya want, haters gon hate. "

I am confused as to why you are backing up a troll and a hater because that is what he is. maybe you want to join him? i fail to c how you miss the point as you are a long time senior member.... very disappointing.

aris
02-06-2012, 12:35 AM
you dont get the point. it doesnt matter that he had a lemon. of course a mazda 3 isnt a perfect car, but you work with what you got. he thinks that buying an expensive car is what its about. maybe u feel the same way. he even makes fun on Hyundai and kia...

"Im glad you guys thought it was cute / a cool story, i also thought the same. And im defff glad you read this as a bed time story, very nice bed time story indeed.
Some day, when y'all get a real car, you'll understand my point. Bash and hate all ya want, haters gon hate. "

I am confused as to why you are backing up a troll and a hater because that is what he is. maybe you want to join him? i fail to c how you miss the point as you are a long time senior member.... very disappointing.

Why is he a troll? Cause he wasn't happy with his car? That makes someone a troll?

Also you say "maybe I want to join him" what is that supposed to mean?

Kiyomi
02-06-2012, 12:43 AM
Why is he a troll? Cause he wasn't happy with his car? That makes someone a troll?

Also you say "maybe I want to join him" what is that supposed to mean?

hes a troll, cause first, he knows that he will never come on here again, and post on a mazda forum site that he hates mazda (his car is a lemon, and his car had problems. get over it, you think other cars are perfect?). second, he thinks expensive cars will get him somewhere. third, he refers to hyundai and kia as horrible car companies. <---- covered by jonjon already...
as for maybe u want to join him, just surpirsed that you are backing him up, even if there are certain problems with mazda. we all know them. what do you think i meant? its pretty clear.
as for backing up standsideways. again i say, it doesnt matter if you car is a lemon, its how you work and take care of you car, even if it sometimes may ask more out of you. if you give up and say you hate it, ur no car enthusiast.

aris
02-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Not backing him up... He does have right to voice his opioin ... Look at the first 3 posts after he posted it... Then another member says "gay"

Also you say that the OP is a troll... I looked back at his posts on TM3 and none of his posts were bashing Mazda

hes a troll, cause first, he knows that he will never come on here again, and post on a mazda forum site that he hates mazda (his car is a lemon, and his car had problems. get over it, you think other cars are perfect?). second, he thinks expensive cars will get him somewhere. third, he refers to hyundai and kia as horrible car companies. <---- covered by jonjon already...
as for maybe u want to join him, just surpirsed that you are backing him up, even if there are certain problems with mazda. we all know them. what do you think i meant? its pretty clear.
as for backing up standsideways. again i say, it doesnt matter if you car is a lemon, its how you work and take care of you car, even if it sometimes may ask more out of you. if you give up and say you hate it, ur no car enthusiast.

cwp_sedan
02-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some have had good experiences and some have had bad ones.

Whether it's with Mazda, GM, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, etc, etc, there are always going to be some problems. I think those who are offended just take a lot of pride in their car so when you insult Mazda, you insult them.

It's a shame the OP has had such a bad experience but mine has been good thus far *knock on wood*.

Kiyomi
02-06-2012, 01:07 AM
Not backing him up... He does have right to voice his opioin ... Look at the first 3 posts after he posted it... Then another member says "gay"

Also you say that the OP is a troll... I looked back at his posts on TM3 and none of his posts were bashing Mazda

its only when hes leaving that he shows his true colours. sides, you are backing him up after others are imo rightfully defending mazda and other car companies. of course he has a right to say what he feels. but as mazda and car enthusaists, so do we. so who are you to question anyone on this forum for what they say to this individual?

cwp_sedan
02-06-2012, 01:09 AM
its only when hes leaving that he shows his true colours. sides, you are backing him up after others are imo rightfully defending mazda and other car companies. of course he has a right to say what he feels. but as mazda and car enthusaists, so do we. so who are you to question anyone on this forum for what they say to this individual?

He has the right to question you just like you are now question him.

You are making this out to be more than it is. Really.

aris
02-06-2012, 01:12 AM
so who are you

I'm ARIS :)

I'm done with this thread :)

Kiyomi
02-06-2012, 01:14 AM
He has the right to question you just like you are now question him.

You are making this out to be more than it is. Really.

I am just a bit disturbed that a senior member would back this thread in any way. it shows a a willingness to bash mazdas as well as hyundai and kia. Even if he had a lemon., im pretty sure the facts are known about our cars, issues and what not. bashing it and telling us that its disgusting is not right in my mind, and holds no relevant point than to hurt this car community. thats all.

cwp_sedan
02-06-2012, 01:24 AM
I am just a bit disturbed that a senior member would back this thread in any way. it shows a a willingness to bash mazdas as well as hyundai and kia. Even if he had a lemon., im pretty sure the facts are known about our cars, issues and what not. bashing it and telling us that its disgusting is not right in my mind, and holds no relevant point than to hurt this car community. thats all.

lol if you think that this thread will hurt the community, it won't. Even if a couple people agree completely with the OP.

Kiyomi
02-06-2012, 01:25 AM
lol if you think that this thread will hurt the community, it won't. Even if a couple people agree completely with the OP.

i did not say that it would. i said that the only point of this thread is to try and do so.

cwp_sedan
02-06-2012, 01:28 AM
i did not say that it would. i said that the only point of this thread is to try and do so.

Like I said then, you are worrying about it too much. :)

The Wolf
02-06-2012, 01:32 AM
OP is right on. He doesn't wear kid gloves... and that's fine. He shared his experience and his feelings. Nobody should have rotted out fenders on a two/three year old vehicle.

The point of writing a review is to share your experience. He did so pretty effectively.

Rob23
02-06-2012, 09:00 AM
are ppl this childish? the op has every right to his opinion, he didn't like his mazda3 and explained why. then everyone started bashing him cuz he got a crappy car from mazda? seeing the immature responses on this thread makes me think im part of an american forum or something. seriously some ppl on here need to grow up and step outside of your bubble.

Ps3alltheway
02-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Ya know...youd never hear of someone who works on there own car saying stuff like this.

Such a joke, my 06 has never ever given me any kind of problem and ive beaten the living snot out of it on the track with a turbo LOL.

Hell even my automatic tranny held up to 11psi track duty, and theres people that run 8psi and blow the auto..i say its just taking care of the car.

Take care of your car and maybe it wont give you problems.

If it isnt broke, make it better.

I totally Agree! TOO many people get screwed over by the Dealer paying for thoses 300 $ inspections , too many people that don't know how to do shit in their cars and end up crying because they spent 500 $ for a tune up or for a repair that would of cost 1/4 of the price if they did it themselves .
If you take care of your car good , it will last

jonjon72
02-06-2012, 12:24 PM
The OP has every right to post his beef about his car.....if anyone of us dealt with the same issues, we would feel the exact same way. What he does need to remember though is that he had bought the car used. Who knows what abuse or lack of maintenance that the car went through. That's why I have to take his story with a grain of salt even though it would piss me off personally. If he is going to talk poorly of Mazda as a whole, he needs to expect some backlash on a Mazda 3 forum. People are passionate about their cars, especially if it serves them well.

mido
02-06-2012, 12:27 PM
For all of you who think im bashing Kia and Hyundai, i hope you realize that Kia and Hyundai JUST RECENTLY started improving their vehicles. Hyundai and Kia couple years back were never even considered a car company by most of us here. The cars they produced were junk and of the cheapest possible materials. So when i compare the mazda 3 to Kia and hyundai, stop being so ignorant, because you know what im referring to.

Mazda is not a entry level car. No entry level car 25-30 grand. For that money , you'd expect to get something decent.

Default User
02-06-2012, 12:38 PM
If you don't think a 3 is an entry level vehicle, which model in the Mazda family is?

For $25G OTR (Brand New), what non-entry level cars are there?

zmz3
02-06-2012, 12:52 PM
I never understood something... When you buy a car that starts at 15,500 and then you pay 25,000... It doesn't [usually] really mean that you will get a more reliable car... The car engine and transmission (usually) is the same at almost the highest trim, with the exception of 2.3/2.5L powertrains....

If 2.0L is 15k, and highest 2.0L trim is 22k, then the car is not more reliable... same powertrain and parts at that 22k + HST.

That extra 5-7k is your luxury features. Not reliability factors.

At the end of the day, your car powertrain and parts are worth that 'entry' price point.

Default User
02-06-2012, 12:57 PM
I never understood something... When you buy a car that starts at 15,500 and then you pay 25,000... It doesn't [usually] really mean that you will get a more reliable car... The car engine and transmission (usually) is the same at almost the highest trim, with the exception of 2.3/2.5L powertrains....

If 2.0L is 15k, and highest 2.0L trim is 22k, then the car is not more reliable... same powertrain and parts at that 22k + HST.

That extra 5-7k is your luxury features. Not reliability factors.

At the end of the day, your car powertrain and parts are worth that 'entry' price point.

+1
it really means there are more parts to go wrong LOL (AC, Power window regulators, heated seat element) LOL

Kiyomi
02-06-2012, 01:02 PM
For all of you who think im bashing Kia and Hyundai, i hope you realize that Kia and Hyundai JUST RECENTLY started improving their vehicles. Hyundai and Kia couple years back were never even considered a car company by most of us here. The cars they produced were junk and of the cheapest possible materials. So when i compare the mazda 3 to Kia and hyundai, stop being so ignorant, because you know what im referring to.

Mazda is not a entry level car. No entry level car 25-30 grand. For that money , you'd expect to get something decent.

the fact that your still posting on here... lolz:D

mido
02-06-2012, 02:03 PM
the fact that your still posting on here... lolz:D

Glad i could make ya lolz :D

jonjon72
02-06-2012, 02:38 PM

"Just recently" nice try buddy. Next time come better prepared.

Going to educate you a bit.....JD Powers surveys are based on cars over 3 years old.

In 2009, Hyundai ranked higher than Toyota in JD Power and Associates annual survey. • Five of the seven 2006 models that Hyundai sold ranked in the top three for their category. 2006 buddy, longer than "a couple" of years ago.

In 2009, Hyundai had ranked 4th in initial quality with 95 problems per 100 vehicles. Only Lexus, Porsche and Cadillac came out ahead and those are luxury brands mind you. The industry average was 108. Mazda had 123 problems per 100 vehicles.

oh ya, BTW, Hyundai customer retention for their "junk" is the highest in the industry. Again to educate you, retention of customers is huge in the automotive industry. If you sell a poorly made car, people aren't coming back to spend another few thousand dollars. For those that think Hyundai is the same company it was 15 years ago, think again.

Hyundai tops in U.S. customer retention for 2011,
Automotive News -- January 11, 2012 - 3:56 pm ET

PRESS RELEASE: A Desire for Different Vehicle Attributes and Features Leads Many New-Vehicle Owners to Switch Brands
DETROIT -- Hyundai had the highest customer retention rate last year among automotive brands in the United States, beating industry leaders Ford and Honda, according to a new study released today.

Last year, 64 percent of the new vehicles Hyundai sold or leased were bought by existing owners, J.D. Power and Associates said in its ninth-annual Customer Retention Study.

Hyundai jumped two spots in the rankings from 2010, when it retained 60 percent of buyers.

Honda and Ford -- tied for No. 1 in 2010 with a customer retention rate of 62 percent -- tied for second place last year, both earning a 60 percent retention rating, J.D. Power said. They were followed by BMW, Kia, Toyota, Chevrolet, Mercedes-Benz, Lexus and Cadillac.

Jeep, Nissan, Mini and Ram also finished above the industry's average retention rate last year of 49 percent.

J.D. Power said Hyundai's high retention rate was driven mostly by the popular Elantra and Sonata models.

"Hyundai's increased retention rate is shaped by its expanding model lineup, as well as the fact that perceptions of the brand's quality and appeal have continued to improve during the past decade," Raffi Festekjian, director of automotive product research at J.D. Power and Associates, said in a statement.

2012 Brand Retention Rates
Hyundai 64%
Ford 60%
Honda 60%
BMW 59%
Kia 59%
Toyota 58%
Chevrolet 57%
Mercedes-Benz 57%
Lexus 54%
Cadillac 52%
Jeep 51%
Nissan 50%
MINI 49%
Ram 49%
Industry Average 49%
Subaru 48%
Land Rover 47%
Volkswagen 47%
GMC 46%
Infiniti 46%
Acura 45%
Audi 45%
Porsche 42%
Lincoln 40%
Buick 38%
Mazda 34%
Mitsubishi 33%
Jaguar 31%
Volvo 30%
Chrysler 26%
Scion 24%
Dodge 21%
Suzuki 20%
SAAB 7%
Base: Vehicle owners who previously purchased a new vehicle of a particular brand.

mido
02-06-2012, 02:51 PM
"Just recently" nice try buddy. Next time come better prepared.

Going to educate you a bit.....JD Powers surveys are based on cars over 3 years old.

In 2009, Hyundai ranked higher than Toyota in JD Power and Associates annual survey. • Five of the seven 2006 models that Hyundai sold ranked in the top three for their category. 2006 buddy, longer than "a couple" of years ago.

In 2009, Hyundai had ranked 4th in initial quality with 95 problems per 100 vehicles. Only Lexus, Porsche and Cadillac came out ahead and those are luxury brands mind you. The industry average was 108. Mazda had 123 problems per 100 vehicles.

oh ya, BTW, Hyundai customer retention for their "junk" is the highest in the industry. Again to educate you, retention of customers is huge in the automotive industry. If you sell a poorly made car, people aren't coming back to spend another few thousand dollars. For those that think Hyundai is the same company it was 15 years ago, think again.

Hyundai tops in U.S. customer retention for 2011,
Automotive News -- January 11, 2012 - 3:56 pm ET

PRESS RELEASE: A Desire for Different Vehicle Attributes and Features Leads Many New-Vehicle Owners to Switch Brands
DETROIT -- Hyundai had the highest customer retention rate last year among automotive brands in the United States, beating industry leaders Ford and Honda, according to a new study released today.

Last year, 64 percent of the new vehicles Hyundai sold or leased were bought by existing owners, J.D. Power and Associates said in its ninth-annual Customer Retention Study.

Hyundai jumped two spots in the rankings from 2010, when it retained 60 percent of buyers.

Honda and Ford -- tied for No. 1 in 2010 with a customer retention rate of 62 percent -- tied for second place last year, both earning a 60 percent retention rating, J.D. Power said. They were followed by BMW, Kia, Toyota, Chevrolet, Mercedes-Benz, Lexus and Cadillac.

Jeep, Nissan, Mini and Ram also finished above the industry's average retention rate last year of 49 percent.

J.D. Power said Hyundai's high retention rate was driven mostly by the popular Elantra and Sonata models.

"Hyundai's increased retention rate is shaped by its expanding model lineup, as well as the fact that perceptions of the brand's quality and appeal have continued to improve during the past decade," Raffi Festekjian, director of automotive product research at J.D. Power and Associates, said in a statement.

2012 Brand Retention Rates
Hyundai 64%
Ford 60%
Honda 60%
BMW 59%
Kia 59%
Toyota 58%
Chevrolet 57%
Mercedes-Benz 57%
Lexus 54%
Cadillac 52%
Jeep 51%
Nissan 50%
MINI 49%
Ram 49%
Industry Average 49%
Subaru 48%
Land Rover 47%
Volkswagen 47%
GMC 46%
Infiniti 46%
Acura 45%
Audi 45%
Porsche 42%
Lincoln 40%
Buick 38%
Mazda 34%
Mitsubishi 33%
Jaguar 31%
Volvo 30%
Chrysler 26%
Scion 24%
Dodge 21%
Suzuki 20%
SAAB 7%
Base: Vehicle owners who previously purchased a new vehicle of a particular brand.

The point your missing is that Hyundai was founded in 1967 and there cars have been continuous junk from 1967 till "2006". 2006 is considered "couple years" in that context buddy.

Cheers

jonjon72
02-06-2012, 02:57 PM
The point your missing is that Hyundai was founded in 1967 and there cars have been continuous junk from 1967 till "2006". 2006 is considered "couple years" in that context buddy.

Cheers

Nice try buddy, thats all you got? Only when someone comes to you with data do you change your tune. Come to think of it....its not the car. Its probably you that's the issue. Thanks for coming! Cheerio!

Aitch
02-06-2012, 03:04 PM

Cheers

Lulz. So what do we call GM/Chevy cars? They've been crap from 1970-2010.

Hyundai may have had a long period of sub-par cars, but as you wonderfully pointed out without realizing it, they are one of the youngest manufacturers currently producing cars in large numbers. For them to be where they are now after producing continuous crap as little as 8-10 years ago, is remarkable. The larger point is, Hyundai cars of the same vintage as your lemon are, by and large, excellent cars, regardless of your opinion.

zmz3
02-06-2012, 03:44 PM
I don't know about anyone else... but to see Mazda down there with Mitsubishi in terms of retention rates... that makes me sad...

ohh and yeah... Hyundai cars are no longer priced as low as they used to be, which isnt a bad thing at all... Hyundai deserves where they are today, due to their hardwork and determination. Well done!

*drools over a Genesis coupe*

Default User
02-06-2012, 04:19 PM
I don't know about anyone else... but to see Mazda down there with Mitsubishi in terms of retention rates... that makes me sad...

*sigh...and I have both

aZuMi
02-06-2012, 04:31 PM
*sigh...and I have both

I'm actually looking at the Hyundai Tuscon for the future...lol

Astig02
02-06-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm actually looking at the Hyundai Tuscon for the future...lol

We have a 2011 Tucson and its great aside from road noise and less steering wheel feel (mazda's best attribute :headbang) . Fit and finish are good though mostly hard plastic.
Lately, my 2011 Mz3 has more rattles and squeaks in the cabin compare to the Tucson (noticed when winter started). However, that is me nitpicking. :)

Sometimes, we tend to look at "faults and defects" rather than appreciate what's good on them. There is always room for improvement for Mazda, Hyundai and other companies. As customers demand increase for more fuel efficient, fun-to-drive, reliable, and loaded with accessories vehicles, these companies will either follow through or fall through. As seen lately, both Mazda and Hyundai are stepping up their game in staying competitive in the market by providing great vehicle choice for their target customers.

At the end of the day, time can only tell how their recent "innovations" and improvements will either exceed or fail their customer's expectations.

jonjon72
02-06-2012, 05:20 PM
My sister and brother in law are trading in their G37 this weekend for a 2012 Tucson Limited edition. Need the space for their daughter and two dogs. They could have stayed with Infiniti but their customer service was horrible. They have an Accent as a second car, zero issues and Hyundai has treated them much better than Infiniti. This helped them decide to stay with Hyundai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackal
02-06-2012, 05:43 PM
My sister and brother in law are trading in their G37 this weekend for a 2012 Tucson Limited edition. Need the space for their daughter and two dogs. They could have stayed with Infiniti but their customer service was horrible. They have an Accent as a second car, zero issues and Hyundai has treated them much better than Infiniti. This helped them decide to stay with Hyundai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was about to buy a Porsche but their customer service was horrible so decided to try a Mazda. They really treated me well and had great customer service so I decided to go with a Mazda 3. :chuckle

OK. Back on topic. Sorry you got a lemon. So far I am still happy with my car.

jonjon72
02-06-2012, 06:00 PM
I was about to buy a Porsche but their customer service was horrible so decided to try a Mazda. They really treated me well and had great customer service so I decided to go with a Mazda 3. :chuckle

OK. Back on topic. Sorry you got a lemon. So far I am still happy with my car.

ROFL. Trust me I loved my Mazda3, unfortunately they didn't have anything that I was looking for (two door, RWD, sports car). Don't even mention the RX8.

Kessly Snipes
02-06-2012, 09:20 PM
OP is acting like a child. I can't believe people were even responding to him.

Hate the car all you want, but don't act like a kid if people disagree with you. Many said they felt bad you got a lemon, that isn't attacking you.

I also can't speak for older cars, I have a 2012 and for the money it seems like a great car. Could I have got a better car used for the same, of course, but I didn't want used.

Mr Wilson
02-06-2012, 09:21 PM
ROFL. Trust me I loved my Mazda3, unfortunately they didn't have anything that I was looking for (two door, RWD, sports car). Don't even mention the RX8.

Miata ;)

rzapata
02-06-2012, 09:51 PM

I actually thought about getting the RX8.. Tested it out too.. For the price, it's just not worth it. Car has no damn power! Sad that Mazda do not have any other RWD sports cars (never really liked the Miata and never considered it a sports car either). The RX7 twin turbo would be nice. Only if they bring something like that again..

jonjon72
02-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Miata ;)

ROFL.....nothing funnier than seeing a 6 foot 4 guy get out of a miata!

jonjon72
02-06-2012, 09:59 PM
I actually thought about getting the RX8.. Tested it out too.. For the price, it's just not worth it. Car has no damn power! Sad that Mazda do not have any other RWD sports cars (never really liked the Miata and never considered it a sports car either). The RX7 twin turbo would be nice. Only if they bring something like that again..

Too much money brand new, needs torque and burns oil like there is no tomorrow. Love the looks though and props to Mazda for sticking with the Rotary engine for this long. RIP RX8.

The Wolf
02-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Miata is as pure a sports car as you can find. One benefit of being 5'8"

jonjon72
02-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Miata is as pure a sports car as you can find. One benefit of being 5'8"

I love the miata......shame about the size limitations.

zmz3
02-06-2012, 11:05 PM
interesting thread direction lately...

While at it... Drove an Elantra and Veloster today... Elantra, not bad, but transmission seems not in tune... steering was pretty numb...

Veloster... transmission very out of tune compared to engine... revs too high to get up to speed.. and downshift jerk and as soon as u let off gas to accelerate, a noticeable jerk too... scary because it's a high mileage car IMO... 3500km for a demo at dealership...

ohh I missed the '07 Mazda3 quickly :)

rzapata
02-06-2012, 11:07 PM
interesting thread direction lately...

There's still a little bit of hating on Mazda though so yeah, still on topic. :chuckle

jonjon72
02-06-2012, 11:35 PM
No hating on the mazda, still damn fine cars. They still have the most sport oriented line up with the exception of BMW IMO.

Default User
02-06-2012, 11:50 PM
soon they'll say "Oh crap! Was that a Mazda?"

jonjon72
02-06-2012, 11:59 PM

ROFL

Kiyomi
02-07-2012, 12:14 AM

already happened.

Kevin@nextmod
02-07-2012, 12:20 AM
Seriously guys. The OP just wanted to post what he thinks about the car and thats all he wants to do. I know all of you will back up your cars and etc but thats besides the point. Honestly a review is for you to read and not for you to comment on. Read it, and walk away even if you like it or not. There's no reason for anyone to bash on any members here just because they expressed their opinion. I'm sure there are more good positive reviews on here then these bad ones so even if a new member reads this, i'm sure they can see the other 10000000000000000 good ones around the 100 bad ones. IMO just clean this thread up and lock it.

My 2 cents. =) good night. hehhe

Default User
02-07-2012, 02:03 AM
^^do you even drive a Mazda? LOL

aZuMi
02-07-2012, 08:48 AM
^^do you even drive a Mazda? LOL

Eric....stop being a troll. LOL.

Kevin@nextmod
02-07-2012, 10:10 AM
I actually did. whats your point?

loki
02-07-2012, 10:15 AM
I actually did. whats your point?

I agree totally. A review is a review, like it or not it's someone's opinion.

The world isn't all rainbows and blow-jobs, sometimes you're not going to like something someone has to say, but who are you to stop them from saying it.

clean up the thread, lock it, and let's get on with it

Default User
02-07-2012, 10:37 AM
somewhere in this rant thread, was a comment about Mazda's reliability and customer retention rates
and ironically, its the ones that no longer have a Mazda3, are the ones that (originally, or continue to) side with him

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But really, what does OP expect to get by coming onto these boards and saying how $hit the Mazda3 is and how it's the bottom of the barrel and (inadvertantly) saying we're all idiots for driving such a POS car?

But I agree with loki, that this thread is done and might as well be locked up.
Nobody here is really trying to support the OP - rather, just trying to be nice to him until he moves on to his next POS car forum

mido
02-07-2012, 10:53 AM
somewhere in this rant thread, was a comment about Mazda's reliability and customer retention rates
and ironically, its the ones that no longer have a Mazda3, are the ones that (originally, or continue to) side with him

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But really, what does OP expect to get by coming onto these boards and saying how $hit the Mazda3 is and how it's the bottom of the barrel and (inadvertantly) saying we're all idiots for driving such a POS car?

But I agree with loki, that this thread is done and might as well be locked up.
Nobody here is really trying to support the OP - rather, just trying to be nice to him until he moves on to his next POS car forum

Well said

Aitch
02-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Agreed that the thread has now run its course.