PDA

View Full Version : How to: Change your spark plugs

O1Kanoby
02-24-2012, 10:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BVjQzkd10_g

Soyabean
02-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Nice video. Quick question for those who know about this, when putting in the new plugs, i believe you are supposed to only hand tighten them only to prevent over tightening correct?

rzapata
02-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Nice video. Quick question for those who know about this, when putting in the new plugs, i believe you are supposed to only hand tighten them only to prevent over tightening correct?

You're correct. I had done this before too. Make sure you add grease (some kind of electrical grease - forgot the name). When you tighten them, make sure it's snug but don't overdo it. If it won't turn anymore and it's tight, then that's the time to stop.

Also, be careful about the bolts that holds the thing connected to the plugs. Those are easy to break. I easily cracked one of those.

Good luck if you're doing it too! :)

EDIT: Just noticed that the guy in the video didn't remove the battery negative. Unsafe IMO but I guess simce he remove the connectors, it should be ok.

krimsalt
02-25-2012, 05:41 PM
You're correct. I had done this before too. Make sure you add grease (some kind of electrical grease - forgot the name).

Di-electric Grease

m_bisson
05-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Snug them up with a spark plug socket...gently. Hand tight is too loose :D

And you cannot be hurt from a car battery's juice, but it is still a good idea to disconnect them.

O1Kanoby
05-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Snug them up with a spark plug socket...gently. Hand tight is too loose :D

And you cannot be hurt from a car battery's juice, but it is still a good idea to disconnect them.

im guessing you did yours today? :D

m_bisson
05-12-2012, 08:55 PM
im guessing you did yours today? :D

Just did a lot in high school... but some things just stick with ya :)

bluemazda3
05-13-2012, 12:08 PM
literally a 10 min job.. did mine a few weeks ago