PDA

View Full Version : Auto Insurance Help

YoungBucs55
03-15-2012, 01:19 AM
hey all i'm wondering if anyone knows any good Auto Insurance companies for drivers under 25.
I'm 22, have two speeding tickets, 1 at fault accident 1 not at fault accident. Currently own a 2007 mazda 3 Hatch (blackmica) and has roughly 102500km on it. I'm currently with Td but since my renewal is coming up in May and have a feeling that i can't renew with them i'm trying to browse around for other insurance companies to be with. I currently have a G2 licence hoping to get my full G before i get re-insured in May of 2012. Please I would greatly appreciate it thanks

ThatGuy19
03-15-2012, 01:38 AM
You're only going to be able to get high risk facility insurance... I can't imagine you finding a rate that's less than $5-6000/year. The question is what's the most you're willing to pay?

Hyperion
03-15-2012, 03:49 AM
Good luck.
I'm 21 with 1 speeding & 1 at fault and the car is under my mom's name and I'm at $5400

m_bisson
03-15-2012, 10:20 AM
i'm 25 with 2 speeding tickets and 2 at faults and I'm paying around 4200. Try www.kanetix.com or something.

Shaiznam
03-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Try TD Moleche and if you associated with a university or alumni, it can lower it alot. I got my G and lowered it even further. I did this research 4-5 months ago and TD has given me the best deal by far.

gabbygenier
03-15-2012, 10:36 AM
with 2 tickets and 1 at fault accident itll be hard to find anything lower.

i have (i think) 4 tickets on my record and at the time i only had one at fault accident but my insurance (dejardins) didn't renew me. and now im stuck paying 4800 a year with a high risk insurance company. it doubled. the reason was cause of the tickets. but now i have another at fault accident so even once my tickets are all gone it might be hard to find another company for a while till at least the first accident is gone.

but like mentioned. search on kanetix. that is the best place to get quotes. or go to insurance brokers.

Lockdown
03-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Call Lyndon @ Absolute Insurance and tell him Mark Murray sent you and he will take care of you. I have sent a lot of my friends to him that were high risk and everyone I have sent to him, have gone with absolute, based on cost. His phone number is 1-877-941-2266. Just make sure you mention my name, being that I have sent him so many customers, he tends to cut better pricing

Very good service as well. I was in an accident roughly 4 months ago and he came to my house to see how I was doing and see if I needed anything.
They are located in Oraqngeville and I am in Markham, which is quite a drive and I don't think a lot of other brokers would do that

fywdyl
03-15-2012, 11:40 AM
...I'm currently with Td but since my renewal is coming up in May and have a feeling that i can't renew with them...

Try TD Moleche and if you associated with a university or alumni, it can lower it alot. I got my G and lowered it even further. I did this research 4-5 months ago and TD has given me the best deal by far.

^ Clearly didn't read OP's post.

Stoked
03-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Call Lyndon @ Absolute Insurance and tell him Mark Murray sent you and he will take care of you. I have sent a lot of my friends to him that were high risk and everyone I have sent to him, have gone with absolute, based on cost. His phone number is 1-877-941-2266. Just make sure you mention my name, being that I have sent him so many customers, he tends to cut better pricing

Very good service as well. I was in an accident roughly 4 months ago and he came to my house to see how I was doing and see if I needed anything.
They are located in Oraqngeville and I am in Markham, which is quite a drive and I don't think a lot of other brokers would do that

I just tried www.kanetix.com and that's probably the best rates I've seen for myself, I'm in the same situation, under 25 (almost there though), 1 at fault accident and 2 minor conviction tickets, although I do have my G.

I may have to try this Orangeville broker when I'm up for renewal as well....

rukus
03-22-2012, 07:18 PM
^ Clearly didn't read OP's post.

TD through Meloche Monnex is not the same as TD through a standard broker.

you'll have to get facility and bend over. contact Nordic Insurance.

fywdyl
03-23-2012, 04:27 PM

It's the same, you will just save on the broker commission.

krimsalt
03-23-2012, 05:51 PM

LOL, can I try these guys and say Mark Murray sent me lol?

Darkice
03-27-2012, 04:46 PM
im surprised ur still with them i had 1 accident and des jardins woudlnt cover me anymore .... under my dads policy wth so im with johnson inc , my advice is go under ur parents policy or else ur gonna pay a shit load!

Darkice
03-27-2012, 04:48 PM
just wondering how long accidents stay on your record till ?

Stoked
03-27-2012, 06:48 PM
I believe accidents are seven years and minor auto convictions (most tickets, speeding, ect.) are three years

dentinger
03-27-2012, 06:58 PM
and i thought my insurance was high. ho-lee!

i went with Belair when i had my GTI.
22 (at the time), fully licensed for 3 years (i think)
1 at fault accident, 2 or 3 minor tickets.
$3200/year.

peterm15
03-27-2012, 07:43 PM

you'll have to get facility and bend over. contact Nordic Insurance.

Nordic wanted 600 a month for my 07 3. Was 25 with NO accidents NO tics full g. I now pay 150ish through Belair. Full coverage. Accident forgiveness and $300 deducts.

GSXi
03-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Nordic wanted 600 a month for my 07 3. Was 25 with NO accidents NO tics full g. I now pay 150ish through Belair. Full coverage. Accident forgiveness and $300 deducts.

interesting. aren't they the same company? i buy through Belair, but get billed by Nordic (what it appears on my statement).

fywdyl
03-28-2012, 10:16 AM
interesting. aren't they the same company? i buy through Belair, but get billed by Nordic (what it appears on my statement).

Belair is like a broker, and Nordic would be the insurance company that underwrites your policy.

mazdaagain
03-28-2012, 03:21 PM
You can also try Fair Insurance. They take high risk drivers.

Lockdown
03-28-2012, 03:24 PM
LOL, can I try these guys and say Mark Murray sent me lol?

yeah for sure. The guys are really good with rates

peterm15
03-28-2012, 03:55 PM
??? No. Clue.

My insurence slip says Belair.

It is possible that I was just being horribly charged by my old broker. But I had my old insurance with her and it wasnt that bad.

Gloomfrost
03-31-2012, 01:02 AM

Dude that's awesome. I might get my folks on that plan as well, I think they're with TD currently. I wonder if it'll go even lower with a higher deductible.

vinnierap
04-03-2012, 08:12 AM
just wondering how long accidents stay on your record till ?

Accidents are 5 years and tickets are 3 years.

doughboyr6
04-03-2012, 08:28 AM

accidents stay on your record forever. if we pull a history report, it will show accidents back till 90s. But an insurer will only rate for the more recent ones. It is 6 yrs not 5 yrs. I'm pretty sure that is what is printed on the application in Ontario.

tickets will only show what is 3 years from the date of request of the abstract report. but that doesn't mean it cannot be rated for a longer period. I know for serious/major tickets our company will rate for 5 yrs if we already have knowledge of it, even if it fell off the report.

Darkice
04-11-2012, 05:34 PM
i thought accidents were 10 , i remember someone on here saying that ,5 is better lol and i thought tickets were 2 lol anyways thanks

JonsMazda
04-11-2012, 08:40 PM
holy crap! I just switched my location from Downsview to Downtown Toronto.........saved $1200 annually....*Shocker*

Lactose
06-13-2012, 12:25 PM
with 2 tickets and 1 at fault accident itll be hard to find anything lower.

i have (i think) 4 tickets on my record and at the time i only had one at fault accident but my insurance (dejardins) didn't renew me. and now im stuck paying 4800 a year with a high risk insurance company. it doubled. the reason was cause of the tickets. but now i have another at fault accident so even once my tickets are all gone it might be hard to find another company for a while till at least the first accident is gone.

but like mentioned. search on kanetix. that is the best place to get quotes. or go to insurance brokers.

Im 21, G2, clean record no tickets no anything, and as a Primary Driver with The Personal, on my 2011 Mazda 3 GS Hatch I pay 4800 + a bit per year, my monthly payments are at 410. :s

Lockdown
06-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Im 21, G2, clean record no tickets no anything, and as a Primary Driver with The Personal, on my 2011 Mazda 3 GS Hatch I pay 4800 + a bit per year, my monthly payments are at 410. :s

GEt your G as fast as you can