PDA

View Full Version : HKS BOV causing my 2011 MS3 to stall

GCM_Speed3
04-02-2012, 11:21 AM
I have a 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 and I took off the factory BOV. I installed a HKS sequential BOV and a Ingen cold air intake. Just recently my car starting stalling when I go from 1st to 2nd gear. I set it up to Vent to air instead of recirculating. I was told that because of this my car is running rich which is causing it to stall. Am I understanding this correctly and if so has anyone else experienced this and what did you do to fix it?

I would be very grateful for your solution options. Thanks!

fywdyl
04-02-2012, 11:23 AM
:pop

rzapata
04-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Tsk tsk... Let's just see what happens if you put it into full recirculation instead of VTA?

MPS
04-02-2012, 11:30 AM
move over i hear this is a good show :pop

:pop

Zoom Zoom Boy
04-02-2012, 11:32 AM
:bang

loki
04-02-2012, 11:37 AM
troll?

Booostin
04-02-2012, 11:40 AM
troll?

I think so... lot of this shit recently

Zoom Zoom Boy
04-02-2012, 11:41 AM
troll?

I was thinking of other, perhaps more appropriate words.
Maybe though. I'm willing to let this play out for a while for entertainment, if nothing else. Gotta love Monday's.

fywdyl
04-02-2012, 11:44 AM
One guy on this forum, I think his name is Bluestreak or something, he's running the HKS BOV VTA. But his supporting mods for the HKS BOV are a forged motor, LTA intercooler and a big turbo.

loki
04-02-2012, 11:47 AM
I have a 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 and I took off the factory BOV. I installed a HKS sequential BOV and a Ingen cold air intake. Just recently my car starting stalling when I go from 1st to 2nd gear. I set it up to Vent to air instead of recirculating. I was told that because of this my car is running rich which is causing it to stall. Am I understanding this correctly and if so has anyone else experienced this and what did you do to fix it?

I would be very grateful for your solution options. Thanks!

Put the HKS into full recirculation as it was intended to run on the speed3, then go for a drive and let us know if you're still having a problem.

edit: if you've purchased the HKS without the recirculation kit, remove the HKS and reinstall the stock BPV and then go for a drive and let us know if you're still having a problem.

rzapata
04-02-2012, 11:47 AM
One guy on this forum, I think his name is Bluestreak or something, he's running the HKS BOV VTA. But his supporting mods for the HKS BOV are a forged motor, LTA intercooler and a big turbo.

Oh wow, that's amazing! I would like to meet this Bluestreak guy..

I think he got scared away...

I was thinking of other, perhaps more appropriate words.
Maybe though. I'm willing to let this play out for a while for entertainment, if nothing else. Gotta love Monday's.

You sir are awesome! Just a little while though.

MoN-KeiGH
04-02-2012, 12:07 PM

:pop:pop:pop

2zoom
04-02-2012, 12:09 PM

Any room for me......:pop

loki
04-02-2012, 12:11 PM
we seriously need to stop clogging up this thread, until this is resolved

MPS
04-02-2012, 12:55 PM
it was resolved go
stop venting and polluting

Zoom Zoom Boy
04-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Ok, I guess the fun is over.

To the OP.
First, do not create duplicate threads for the same topic. Your other thread was deleted.
Second, to most likely fix your issue, stop venting and go on full recirc.

Lastly, do some reading before you decide to add mods on your car and do stupid shit with them. This topic has been covered ad nauseum on both this forum and over on MSF.

Thread locked.