PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Modded speed 3 + warranty info

cSPEED
04-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Hey guys,

So I bought my car used about 6 months ago.
The car currently has some decent mods on it and my 100K is about to expire. Car currently has 98K KM and I was wondering if there is anything I should do before it expires? Get it checked out under warranty? No clue how this works.

Mods:
High pressure fuel pump
CP-e catted down pipe
Cobb turbo inlet
Cobb SRI
Cobb AP
Forge BPV

Think that's it in terms of performance mods.
Is it worth it for me to try and get at least something out of the warranty? Even if it's just a checkup?

Fack_Dude
04-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Hey guys,

So I bought my car used about 6 months ago.
The car currently has some decent mods on it and my 100K is about to expire. Car currently has 98K KM and I was wondering if there is anything I should do before it expires? Get it checked out under warranty? No clue how this works.

Mods:
High pressure fuel pump
CP-e catted down pipe
Cobb turbo inlet
Cobb SRI
Cobb AP
Forge BPV

Think that's it in terms of performance mods.
Is it worth it for me to try and get at least something out of the warranty? Even if it's just a checkup?

Hey Bro!

Go get the car checked out with all your mods installed and don't forget to leave the cobb ap plugged in, so the dealer really can tell you what to do.

Best of Luck :chuckle

loki
04-06-2012, 12:43 PM
*facepalm*

loki
04-06-2012, 12:44 PM
make sure you drive it to a dealer that's 2001 km away for best results

cSPEED
04-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the sarcasm boys. Don't know if you knew but there are other things that go wrong with our cars that don't involve engine mods. Regardless, the AP can be unmarried for 1 trip and there are many things that I may Qualify for which are not hindered by the parts I have installed. I wouldn't care to remove them as I have no worry of being flagged since my warranty is up anyway. With like 50 recalls on these cars I thought it is likely I can at least get 1 of something new which is better than nothing.

Thanks for all your wisdom as always, fast dude.

Fack_Dude
04-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the sarcasm boys. Don't know if you knew but there are other things that go wrong with our cars that don't involve engine mods. Regardless, the AP can be unmarried for 1 trip and there are many things that I may Qualify for which are not hindered by the parts I have installed. I wouldn't care to remove them as I have no worry of being flagged since my warranty is up anyway. With like 50 recalls on these cars I thought it is likely I can at least get 1 of something new which is better than nothing.

No problem bro! ;)

loki
04-06-2012, 02:18 PM
take it to Budd's Mazda

Hyperion
04-06-2012, 02:20 PM
take it to Budd's Mazda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQZqJ_-WAO8

Tokic_o
04-06-2012, 02:36 PM
*facepalm*

:tomato

-cj-
04-06-2012, 03:13 PM

Only warranty left at this point is your power train warranty, which is engine, tranny and turbo (I think that was raised a bit above 100k because of the smoking turbo). If you aren't having trouble, there isn't much to do. If you are losing massive amounts of oil between changes, smoking turbo or tranny issues... I think you know what you need to do. (Hint: it doesn't involve showing up at the dealer with mods. :chuckle The dealer would call you out for any of those mods, since they would argue they could affect your power train)

loki
04-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Only warranty left at this point is your power train warranty, which is engine, tranny and turbo (I think that was raised a bit above 100k because of the smoking turbo). If you aren't having trouble, there isn't much to do. If you are losing massive amounts of oil between changes, smoking turbo or tranny issues... I think you know what you need to do. (Hint: it doesn't involve showing up at the dealer with mods. :chuckle The dealer would call you out for any of those mods, since they would argue they could affect your power train)

that's exactly what I said

cSPEED
04-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Thanks cj.
That's exactly the answer I was looking for. Car runs well though so I guess I'll just run out the warranty :)

loki
04-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Think turbo isnow warranty for 7 years and 150 000 km or some

Not sure if that is full warranty or just smoking

mazidane
04-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Think turbo isnow warranty for 7 years and 150 000 km or some

Not sure if that is full warranty or just smoking

7 years or 140,000 km according to the letter I got from Mazda Canada. IIRC it only covers the smoking turbo issue, includes certain Speed6s and CX7s as well.