PDA

View Full Version : Tested last night, a few small changes made a big difference!! TMP

Fubawu
05-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Well over the last few weeks I have been making slow changes to MS3. In March I was at TMP April I spent a weekend at Shannonville etc. In March at TMP temps (19c) I was running intake HP+ and tired Toyo R1R's.
Times were in the low 1:27's with a best of 1:26.8 not bad for close to stock car. Since then swapped the R1R's for RS3's on RX-7 rims added a test pipe and a JBR rear sway bar. Also took care of fuel with Autotech internals. Yesterday at TMP saw a big improvement, times where consistanly in the mid to high 1:25's! I can say the RSB is a major fell improvement a must have! Next will be a tune to get things in order. ;)
John

standsideways
05-24-2012, 01:02 PM
I bet you are looking forward to this weekend as much as i am john!

Fubawu
05-24-2012, 06:28 PM
ya should be a good one, Will you be there Sat?

standsideways
05-25-2012, 04:27 AM
ya should be a good one, Will you be there Sat?

we will be there tonight through sunday :)

Fubawu
05-25-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm only in for Sat see you up there!

BMWWW
05-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Well over the last few weeks I have been making slow changes to MS3. In March I was at TMP April I spent a weekend at Shannonville etc. In March at TMP temps (19c) I was running intake HP+ and tired Toyo R1R's.
Times were in the low 1:27's with a best of 1:26.8 not bad for close to stock car. Since then swapped the R1R's for RS3's on RX-7 rims added a test pipe and a JBR rear sway bar. Also took care of fuel with Autotech internals. Yesterday at TMP saw a big improvement, times where consistanly in the mid to high 1:25's! I can say the RSB is a major fell improvement a must have! Next will be a tune to get things in order. ;)
John

Those are quite large "small" changes.
Just wait till you pull out a temperature gun and play with suspension and tire pressure settings!

standsideways
05-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Those are quite large "small" changes.
Just wait till you pull out a temperature gun and play with suspension and tire pressure settings!

Hes on stock suspension

lazor86
05-26-2012, 06:59 PM
John

Nice! Once you get a good set of coilovers you will shave off a couple of seconds.

I went yesterday to do some "test and tune" but my coilovers were siezed!!!!! I couldn't adjust the stiffness. I got HSD coilovers, I do not recommend them. I get 'em cleaned every time I do an oil change and they're always harder and harder to adjust and now they're finally seized.

standsideways
05-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Nice! Once you get a good set of coilovers you will shave off a couple of seconds.

I went yesterday to do some "test and tune" but my coilovers were siezed!!!!! I couldn't adjust the stiffness. I got HSD coilovers, I do not recommend them. I get 'em cleaned every time I do an oil change and they're always harder and harder to adjust and now they're finally seized.
how old are the coils?
Do you lube them on a regular basis and prior to winter?
Do you clean them good when you do brakes/tire rotation?(or do you get your car serviced somewhere)
and did you use some serious penetrant to free them up?

get em cleaned at every oil change? so they spray god knows what in there, brake cleaner or water...rather than a lubricant/protectant, possibly the cause of your issue.

lazor86
05-28-2012, 04:56 AM
how old are the coils?
Do you lube them on a regular basis and prior to winter?
Do you clean them good when you do brakes/tire rotation?(or do you get your car serviced somewhere)
and did you use some serious penetrant to free them up?

get em cleaned at every oil change? so they spray god knows what in there, brake cleaner or water...rather than a lubricant/protectant, possibly the cause of your issue.

I get 'em cleaned every time I do an oil change. Plus I sprayed them with whatever I could think of: WD40 and brake cleaner. Tried again yesterday and I snapped the adjustment knob on one of the front ones. They get really stiff (hard to turn) because they are on the bottom of the coils not like other coilovers where they are at the top so they catch every single piece of dirt on the road, bs!

lazor86
05-28-2012, 04:57 AM
They're about a year old and they got cleaned before and after winter.

Fubawu
05-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Hey Arron

How did Sunday go? It was a great weekend, I had a blast on Saturday.
Just curious which config you liked better. I did manage to best my time in the last session
64.6 was called out and it still only got me fourth!! GT3 is a fast group and don't get me stated on the Mustangs in GT4 :)
It was crazy going into the last session I was sitting in 3rd at 65.05 and bested it by half a second and I still lost a spot!!
A ton of fun though. For people who don't know this was Ontario Time Attack at Mosport DDT CCW 1 kink
Cheers
John

standsideways
05-28-2012, 02:31 PM
John that was a blast!

Super close competition from everyone!

I ran a 65.4 i believe on sat.
Chunked the hell out of my right front tire, it is prettymuch done after 3 track days.

So my plans now are changing, its looking like an un competitive GT1 is where i am headed(coils,non stock alignment,sway bar)

I could take the AP off and stay in gt2 but i like having my accessport for safety.

Im glad you had a good time, hope your son had a good time too. Hes a cool little guy, asking me about my mods and how i like the car and whatnot LOL

Are you guys coming to shannonville?

Fubawu
05-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Ya we will be up at Shannonville, looking forward to it. Too bad about the tire did it happen on Sunday?
Calvin and I are back to work on the car tonight, only minor stuff as my rear sway is clunking a little so I need to re tighten/grease.

How far off is your alignment? Is it close to stock tolerances?? I thought you were on stock suspension?
Cheers
John

standsideways
05-28-2012, 03:24 PM
The alignment is bang on stock specs.

But compared to my sedan it handles/feels like crap. It needs camber up front LARGE(3* atleast)

Does your back end come around AT ALL with your sway? Im considering calling tripoint up for a sway again.

I cant get my back end to rotate anything like i could with a rear sway on stiff LOL

Definately need to go see scott for an alignment

standsideways
05-28-2012, 03:29 PM
And yes the tire happened sunday.

It is just the outside treadblock,and i swapped it to the rear and was fine after i corrected my "wheelspin on the curbs" deal, it was completely my fault.

Im looking to have coils+non stock alignment for shannonville.

Fubawu
05-28-2012, 03:46 PM
I have the JBR rear sway and the feel is great, you might even need to countersteer ever now and then :)
As for alignemnt I am going to try and go as aggressive as possible but keep it within stock tolerances. Maybe 1.5 front and
.5 rear. See what they suggest.
Cheers
John

Fubawu
05-28-2012, 03:47 PM
what tires are you going to go with?

standsideways
05-28-2012, 09:54 PM
i dont need to replace the tires, one is chunked on the outside a bit, not enough to warrant a new tire.

my alignment will be as agressive as possible aswell, outside spec for sure tho LOL

i think i may have to bump up to gt1 or go dyno option.

Fubawu
05-31-2012, 12:39 PM
Are you going to have those changes made in time for Next weeks event?

standsideways
06-01-2012, 08:32 PM
I hope to yes. :)

Lloyd
06-03-2012, 10:37 PM
As much camber as you can get is usually a good idea and will really help the tires live. Until I went extreme with the Prelude it was always a battle of outside tire wear, with Mosport GP was being particularly bad.

Odin
07-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Also took care of fuel with Autotech internals.

Where did you buy your Autotech internals from. Anywhere in the GTA?

Fubawu
07-13-2012, 09:51 PM
I can't remember it was one of the US websites