PDA

View Full Version : MS3: Hesitation & Stutter w/ new ATR updates discussion

Fobio
06-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Here's the original discussion on MSF:

MSF LINK: Hesitations/ stumbling on latest updates
(http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f331/hesitations-stumbling-latest-updates-114714/)

From what I have observed, MSpeed tuned cars have not experienced this. Several DIY-tuners have reported the issue, and having reviewed the differences, I'm thinking it's the Closed Loop Exit load specified. Specifically, it appears that it's those who followed some other "tuning guide" and have used 1.25 load as the closed loop exit point. This is something to look into. Feel free to follow the discussion on MSF and try values that are more appropriate.

This is not a SWAS-related matter.

fywdyl
06-06-2012, 10:32 AM
I think you need to do this...

*** This is NOT a SWAS-related matter!!! ***

Thanks for looking out for us Vince!

Fobio
06-06-2012, 10:45 AM
lol...no problem Anson!

I think breakfaseatre was likely also experiencing this as well.

J_Logik
06-06-2012, 12:13 PM
I am also experiencing this.....knew it wasn't SWAS related as I was never turning when it occured. I'm watching these threads closely, as it's affecting quite a few cars. My CL exit point is not 1.25 though??? Not saying Fobio is incorrect, but I know it's set at a different point..... I will have to investigate that.

Really hope this gets resolved soon, it's putting a real damper on driving.

Fobio
06-06-2012, 12:19 PM
The crux of this is, in reality, that it COULD or very likely be a combination of things. We're not saying ALL hesitation and stutter is a result of this, but this is a specific situation that happened recently.

Having said that, and as always, minor issues with the tune is likely a result of mis-matched tuning strategies, where various tables aren't in agreement as to how the car runs. This is further compounded by summer heat.

Tuning...is not a magical combination of other ppl's tables. Personally, it a set of logic and understanding of the rules that allows manipulation of variables in an appropriate manner to achieve the desired results.

VertigoM
06-06-2012, 01:30 PM
I've felt this hesitation before as well. Usually on the hwy after downshifting to 5th in the 3000-3500rpm range. The weird thing is, I think I've felt the same hesitation before when my car was bone stock!

Fack_Dude
06-06-2012, 01:33 PM
I've felt this hesitation before as well. Usually on the hwy after downshifting to 5th in the 3000-3500rpm range. The weird thing is, I think I've felt the same hesitation before when my car was bone stock!

Do you have an accessport?

VertigoM
06-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Do you have an accessport?

Yes, now I do. I havent been able to log when the hesitation occurs though.

But like I said, I recall feeling the hesitation (on rare occassions) even before doing any mods to my car. I initially thought it was just due to bad gas.

Fobio
06-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Yes, now I do. I havent been able to log when the hesitation occurs though.

But like I said, I recall feeling the hesitation (on rare occassions) even before doing any mods to my car. I initially thought it was just due to bad gas.

What kinda map/tune are you running?

VertigoM
06-06-2012, 04:09 PM
What kinda map/tune are you running?

Stage 1 93 Oct - Custom tuned

- CL exit load reduced to 1.25
- CL to OL delays reduced
- fine tuned WGDC table
- various other minor tweaks

I just had a SRI installed yesterday and will be switching to Stage 1 CS SRI+TIH map.

Fobio
06-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Stage 1 93 Oct - Custom tuned

- CL exit load reduced to 1.25
- CL to OL delays reduced
- fine tuned WGDC table
- various other minor tweaks

I just had a SRI installed yesterday and will be switching to Stage 1 CS SRI+TIH map.

there you go

VertigoM
06-06-2012, 04:24 PM
there you go

If that's the cause of the hesitation what value do you recommend setting it at?

Fobio
06-06-2012, 04:40 PM
If that's the cause of the hesitation what value do you recommend setting it at?

If you're a DIY'er, feel free to check the MSF thread for values. If you were tuned...well, talk to your tuner.

fywdyl
06-06-2012, 10:26 PM
As I was changing my map to 1.1 CL exit, I noticed that some tables had it at 1.25 while others were at 1.13 (the AFRs). Not sure if that could've been the culprit.

Fobio
06-06-2012, 10:57 PM
As I was changing my map to 1.1 CL exit, I noticed that some tables had it at 1.25 while others were at 1.13 (the AFRs). Not sure if that could've been the culprit.

That's one of the things I was referring to with regards to mis-matched tables.

VertigoM
06-07-2012, 02:02 AM
I think I'm going to take my time and go over my entire tune again since i just installed a SRI. I'll run the OTS map for now until the LTFT have time to adjust and I'll start with MAF cal again.

And this time I'll be sure to match up the afr table with the CL exit.