PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Pick up

Murdoc
09-21-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm about to pick up my vehicle from my dealer in a few days. However, I have 2 questions for you all:

1) What is your checklist to go over when examining your vehicle before signing the final documents?

2) Am I entitled to a test drive before I sign the final documents to ensure the vehicle is working as expected?

Genpu_Mz3
09-21-2012, 12:29 AM
When i bought my car, they had a check list that they already went over, they took the car out and ran it for 35kms to make sure everything was in working order, I also think theres a check list in your owners manual pouch, but just make sure you have all your features you wanted, dont pick it up at night, just do a walk around and make sure everything is right, and im sure they wont have any problems with you taking it out yourself to make sure every things fine.

Congrats on your new car purchase!

Murdoc
09-21-2012, 12:55 AM
When i bought my car, they had a check list that they already went over, they took the car out and ran it for 35kms to make sure everything was in working order, I also think theres a check list in your owners manual pouch, but just make sure you have all your features you wanted, dont pick it up at night, just do a walk around and make sure everything is right, and im sure they wont have any problems with you taking it out yourself to make sure every things fine.

Congrats on your new car purchase!

Thanks for your response. Would I need a sales to come on board with me? What I did find a problem during my test drive and they start claiming it my fault?

Genpu_Mz3
09-21-2012, 01:19 AM
Thanks for your response. Would I need a sales to come on board with me? What I did find a problem during my test drive and they start claiming it my fault?

it would be good to have the sales person with you just incase something does go wrong then he/she is there to witness it.

MattL
09-21-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm picking mine up on Monday evening before it gets dark, thankfully. I never even thought of my own checklist. Sheesh, I have so much to learn.