PDA

View Full Version : Primary o2 sensor wire connection 07 speed 3?

Neillspeed
12-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Anyone replaced there primary o2 sensor on an 07 speed 3? Just want to disconect it to test if sputtering/surging issue resolves when disconnected (CEL Code 2097). Where exactly is it connected to the wiring harness and what needs to be removed to get at it? I've looked high and low on forums but no luck. Also, where can a new upper o2 sensor (5 wire) be obtained in Toronto area or online? Dealer is currrently $400.00+taxes but will give -10% =$360.00. Thats still painful!

breakfasteatre
12-08-2012, 12:39 PM
i dont think disconnecting it is going to solve anything

follow the wire from the top of the downpipe to the drivers side of the vehicle. Its easy to access with the undertray off, and the car jacked up. both the primary and secondary connection points are fastened to a bracket. The plug is a pain in the butt to disconnect sometimes

and if you bought my wrecked car, there is no primary O2 sensor, its sitting in my garage with the connector cut off, so its probably junk ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;)

Neillspeed
12-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Thank you, Disconnected it and voila sputtering and surging gone. Thats what your supposed to do to test if its failed. I then hooked it back up and the sputtering/surging is back. In any event, I'm now pretty sure I need a primary o2 Sensor now. Any suggestions out there for a replacement online or in store Toronto area? As I said,$360.00 + taxes from dealer. Thanks

Fack_Dude
12-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Thank you, Disconnected it and voila sputtering and surging gone. Thats what your supposed to do to test if its failed. I then hooked it back up and the sputtering/surging is back. In any event, I'm now pretty sure I need a primary o2 Sensor now. Any suggestions out there for a replacement online or in store Toronto area? As I said,$360.00 + taxes from dealer. Thanks

The prices are all the same dude and you can only get them from the dealer. There is only one aftermarket brand and that shit is even higher.......

loki
12-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Contact celestspeed3, he knows where to order them I believe

He's got one at his place, but I'm picking it up to try something out. If it doesn't solve my problem, you can buy it from me lol

Yeh you're supposed to disconnect to see if the car runs fine

TheMAN
12-11-2012, 06:36 PM
you can get a Denso O2 sensor from Rockauto for $137 US + shipping... NTK (aka NGK) is slightly cheaper at $125... you can google for a 5% coupon code to save a little on shipping
they're the same thing as the stock one

Neillspeed
12-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Thank you...but is not clear if that o2 sensor is 5 wire which the speed 3 requires here. That Denso part # from Rock auto shows a 4 wire on some sites. I have found that the Mazda factory o2 sensor can be found through US online mazda dealers @ 167.00 + shipping + duty which is far less than our canadian dealerships. Whats up with that with our canadian dollar at par? In any event, thank you for the info.

Neillspeed
12-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Thanks, Its not clear if that Rock Auto Denso o2 sensor or NTK will work as the speed requires a 5 wire unit and some sites say that the Denso listed for 135.00 Canadian is 4 wire which will not work. In any event, there are Mazda Dealers in the US that sell the correct 5 wire O2 sensor for $167.00 + shipping and of course duty and HST. Not sure why its so much cheaper in the US than Canada with an exchange rate at par? List price is $212.00 US and $400.00 Can.

loki
12-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Thanks, Its not clear if that Rock Auto Denso o2 sensor or NTK will work as the speed requires a 5 wire unit and some sites say that the Denso listed for 135.00 Canadian is 4 wire which will not work. In any event, there are Mazda Dealers in the US that sell the correct 5 wire O2 sensor for $167.00 + shipping and of course duty and HST. Not sure why its so much cheaper in the US than Canada with an exchange rate at par? List price is $212.00 US and $400.00 Can.

because there's over 300 Million people living in the US and 30 Million people living in Canada