PDA

View Full Version : requires locksmith for my mazda 3 door lock

ipMdycguir
01-28-2013, 05:55 AM
i have my Mazda 3 2006 but now i'm having problem with it door lock. its rear door wont unlock. it locks very fine whether using key or remote but it wont unlock. i need the help of locksmith but i didn't want any expensive locksmith. anybody knows about cheap and as well as good locksmith plzzz share it with me...

stevenma188
01-28-2013, 06:24 AM
You don't need a locksmith. You need a mechanic. Most likely the locking mechanism is rusted and seized.

Dave_The_BMXER
01-28-2013, 07:38 AM
How does it lock fine if it can't unlock? Do you mean to say it is currently stuck in the locked position? Which means that it doesn't really work either way it just happens to be stuck locked,.

silverstarmazda
01-28-2013, 08:30 AM
have you tried yanking on the internal release? mine has done it before and it unlocked with the internal release. mine was a bit sticky so i sprayed some lube in the lock mechanism after. and now it works fine.

sudz
01-28-2013, 10:29 AM
Worst case senario, get the parts from an auto wrecker and get your mechanic to replace the door lock actuator. shouldn't take him more than an hour. Took me 45 minutes with removing the window, Door panel with no instructions in my driveway.

silverstarmazda
01-28-2013, 11:01 AM
Worst case senario, get the parts from an auto wrecker and get your mechanic to replace the door lock actuator. shouldn't take him more than an hour. Took me 45 minutes with removing the window, Door panel with no instructions in my driveway.

auto wrecker probably wont have the part. very hard to come by a mazda 3 in a wrecking yard. as for labour, let me give OP of what he might be expecting on the bill from the dealer.

i got my drive side door lock replace. and it cost me a cool $500 (inspection, parts, labour). take it to jimmy or a mechanic of your choice, i can almost guarantee theyll give you a better price. if you take it to the dealer however, theyll charge u for just looking at it. even when you know what the problem is.