PDA

View Full Version : vehicle vibrates ...

Paul17
02-15-2013, 08:48 PM
11 mazda 3

Well when I have my heat on and drive when I stop at a red light my vehicle will vibrate then the fan kicks in it does this for 10 secs or so then goes away then comes back on when im stoped I dont have a clue it seems to only happen when the heat is on

Any clues thx

Paul17
02-15-2013, 08:54 PM
shouldnt the fan only kick in if the engine is over heating???

if im parked and the vehicle in Drive and the heat on it will do this non stops it vibrates then the fan turns on the all fine then 40 secs later it does it again

peterm15
02-15-2013, 08:56 PM
What vent setting is your heat on.

I'm pretty sure what your feeling is the AC compressor kicking in.

Paul17
02-15-2013, 08:59 PM
its on low and its blowing hot air from that dash thats the setting

Paul17
02-15-2013, 09:07 PM
What vent setting is your heat on.

I'm pretty sure what your feeling is the AC compressor kicking in.

you may be right didnt think of that i know my compressor seems kinda loud and squealing BUT when i turn off the car i can hear the fan shuting off slowing humming down

Zuluwun
02-15-2013, 09:36 PM
you may be right didnt think of that i know my compressor seems kinda loud and squealing BUT when i turn off the car i can hear the fan shuting off slowing humming down

AFTER the car's off? Does it sound like a high pitched but constant whine? (Might be the gf... lol sorry, had to) - IIRC, the fuel pump runs for a bit after the car's turned off.

The vibration at idle is probably the AC compressor turning on and off but I know my fan can sometimes make a similar sound/vibe but I have a slightly stiffer rear motor mount too.

Paul17
02-16-2013, 03:49 PM
AFTER the car's off? Does it sound like a high pitched but constant whine? (Might be the gf... lol sorry, had to) - IIRC, the fuel pump runs for a bit after the car's turned off.

The vibration at idle is probably the AC compressor turning on and off but I know my fan can sometimes make a similar sound/vibe but I have a slightly stiffer rear motor mount too.
Lmao

peterm15
02-16-2013, 03:58 PM
its on low and its blowing hot air from that dash thats the setting

I mean set to face, feet or defrost?

If its set anywhere to the right of center ( defrost setting) then the AC will pop on to reduce humidity in the cabin. It will cause some vibes.

Paul17
02-16-2013, 06:31 PM
I mean set to face, feet or defrost?

If its set anywhere to the right of center ( defrost setting) then the AC will pop on to reduce humidity in the cabin. It will cause some vibes.
Defrost

peterm15
02-16-2013, 06:35 PM
Defrost

There it is.

The problem is most likely the AC compressor kicking in. I haven't seen it first hand but it makes the most sense to me.

For some reason when the compressor is on it seems to cause more vibes in the winter then summer. I've noticed this on many vehicles.

silverstarmazda
02-16-2013, 07:42 PM
There it is.

The problem is most likely the AC compressor kicking in. I haven't seen it first hand but it makes the most sense to me.

For some reason when the compressor is on it seems to cause more vibes in the winter then summer. I've noticed this on many vehicles.

+1 the defrost uses the compressor because its drying the air. the dry air then removes the condensation on the windows. air conditioning doesnt only apply to cold air.

Paul17
02-16-2013, 10:00 PM
thx everyone