PDA

View Full Version : Whtiby Mazda sponsors Mobil 1 Time-Attack weekend at DDT

Dave B
02-28-2013, 08:57 PM
Good news for the CASC sanctioned Mobil 1 Time-Attack series. Whitby Mazda has agreed to sign on as weekend sponsor of events 1 and 2 at the Mosport (CTMP) DDT on June 8-9. We are planning on various Mazda events to be worked into the weekend schedule. (Still working on Mazda Canada for contingency but don't hold your breath)

Mazda cars outnumbered all other makes in the series last year and at this stage we expect that to continue.

For more information come to the CASC Open house at Whitby Mazda, 7-10 on Tues Mar 5.

Dave B
02-28-2013, 08:59 PM
Sure would be good if I proof read more. I've lived in Whitby ( not Whtiby) for over 20 years

Fubawu
03-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Great to hear! The only problem Dave is there is only one Mosport Weekend this year!
Guys you have to get out to this series. Well run , easy going group.

Dave B
03-02-2013, 03:23 PM
We were lucky to get 2 wkends last year. Seems some Nascar truck guys wanted our 2nd weekend and wouldn't you know it....Myles gave it to them!!

New this year though is the shoot out on the DDT in late September run in conjunction with the Celebration of Motorsport weekend. The plan at the moment is that this is free for any competitor who has run 5 events of more in the series. We estimate 40 to 50 competitors with an elimination type format , (Chuck is still working out the details).

Unfortunately for me, I will not be able to make it despite running all the other events but it effectively means if you run 5 events, you get the 6th for free.