PDA

View Full Version : CASC Time-Attack/Track school

Dave B
04-15-2013, 11:45 PM
The 2 day car control/time-attack school is being run again at the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (Mosport) DDT this year on May 4-5. This school is designed for beginners and intermediate level drivers interested in learning how to drive fast on a race track. The school is split equally between track time, classroom and skidpad/autoslalom time and is presented by the certified Time-Attack instructors. Classroom sessions deal with basics such as seating, hand position etc and move on to cornering techniques, learning a new race track, car prep and how to correct the most common errors. Lunch is provided both days and dinner on Saturday.

There is no need to have a fully prepped car and many students do well with a regular daily driver. What you DO need is an approved helmet.

The $450 dollar investment (which includes a $50 discount for entry to a Mobil 1 Time-Attack event) is likely the best bang for your buck in improving lap times. Although more than 50% sold out on the opening day of registration, there are still some spots left. Please visit www.time-attack.ca for registration.

Although the series offers instruction to newbies at the events, obviously there is much more curriculum covered in this 2 day school.

Fubawu
04-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Hey Guys I highly recommend this school. It will give you the breakdown of how Time Attack works. On top of that a few tips
from guys who have been around the block a few times.

a_ahmed
04-25-2013, 03:44 PM
This looks like a lot of fun :) Seat time with experienced drivers is better than any mod :) There's always something all of us can learn from others who have been longer in the game.

Dave B
04-25-2013, 09:31 PM
Still a few spots left. Where else are you going to get instruction from certified instructors and all that track time for this price? Best $400 mod you can make.

OMSC is offering deep discounted membership for $20 at the school (regular price $50) for those of you who have not been a member of a CASC club in the past 3 years. OTOH if you don't want to join, the weekend membership is free.

Please note that if you want to continue with Time-Attack for the series, you will need a Class C CASC licence and for that you need a CASC affiliated club membership. Also remember that if you run in 5 or more events, you automatically qualify for the last event in Sept at the DDT. I.e. 6 events for the price of 5 (Not limited to Mazdas only)

Dave B
04-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Please note that I have apparently made a grave error in referring to this school as a Time-Attack/ Car control school as the latter part is considered a copy write violation. Suffice it to say that some of the curriculum involves car control.

Dave B
04-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Please note that I have apparently made a grave error in referring to this school as a Time-Attack/ Car control school as the latter part is considered a copy write violation. Suffice it to say that some of the curriculum involves car control.

standsideways
05-04-2013, 08:46 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/05/6u7esyty.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/05/yzy8umaz.jpg